Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
What is the best running and all around performnce motor on the market now? >

What is the best running and all around performnce motor on the market now?

What is the best running and all around performnce motor on the market now?

Old 01-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
Ninja should be the way to go then right? I have one and love it. THe crank and rod last unlike the standard vspec.
it matter what you are looking for. I like a nice smooth engine, which novarossi has given me, there +4 is like no other.

the ninja is a nice engine, its reliable and doesnt need parts replace to stay that way every gallon or two. The down side tho is it has a very hard hitting power band. it will have an avg run time which is fine. like i said it just matters what people are looking for
Old 01-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

Default Rb C6

Rb C6 is a great motor smooth tons of power and a easy 11 min on a tank but i heard they are made by tawain now so that scares me. I have ran all the rb before they swicth and loved all of them cant beat a nova based engine or a nova for that matter. Stay away from all these new tawain engines for a year then ask guys running them how they are. Just my 2 cents thanks speedy
Old 01-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Old 01-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Great question...

Originally Posted by kodiakbear7070
Why Nova Rossi what makes them great, Alot of pros run them and do well infact win with them but because they endorce the product doesnt mean one should go out and buy it. I will say this they must be doing something right cause they been around for years. But what hands on experience can back your answer.
You know Kodiak this hasn't always been the case. O.S. engines have been the pro's top pics for years on end while I've been racing Novarossi and loving it. I'm not sponsored by anybody and I stand by Novarossi engines, they are the best engines on the market for the last 20 years. the pro drivers finally pulled their head out their butts and realized that novarossi is a worthy contender. And your right people are wearing their ball caps backward like the drake, and eating alot of taco bell too...RB engines are nice too. My favorites include the Nova P5xls, the n21bf 3port, and the rb s7 and s9. I don't really like the toro nero. I haven't tried the plus4 but it looks good too.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would wait a few more days, and give the new EB mods js racing engine a go, it has a VERY decent price, and if it does what is stated then u got nothing to loose. Thats just me tho, im waiting on the full mod to be shipped to amain so I can get it. Another plus is you know you have a engine modded by a pro, that has been broken in allready
Old 01-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The BF21 is probably ok in a buggy... I wouldn't run it in a truggy. (* I say that, but I am... and wouldn't do it again. It's good so far, reliable, and I'm guessing based on results from the 2.5 gallon mark and still really tight that it should last... but a little weak for a truck.)
Old 01-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I couldn't handle anything stronger then my ninja in my buggy. IT just screams and keeps pullin. It's not even modified.

Bout to modify it though.

would a lightend rod make that much of a difference? I am going to put a eb mods head button on it as well. Was thinking about getting the lightened rod to go with it.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
the ninja is a nice engine, its reliable and doesnt need parts replace to stay that way every gallon or two. The down side tho is it has a very hard hitting power band. it will have an avg run time which is fine. like i said it just matters what people are looking for
have you drivin a ninja matched with a ninja pipe?

it didnt feel really hard hitting to me... it dose have a very good bottom though

i was racing it indoor with a losi 2.0 (not my truck my budies)
and the engine felt great. not over powering or hard hitting at all.

hard hitting
get a jammin motor those things have wheelie poping bottom end
Old 01-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speedyrob
Rb C6 is a great motor smooth tons of power and a easy 11 min on a tank but i heard they are made by tawain now so that scares me. I have ran all the rb before they swicth and loved all of them cant beat a nova based engine or a nova for that matter. Stay away from all these new tawain engines for a year then ask guys running them how they are. Just my 2 cents thanks speedy

Only the killer 9 is offshore.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

and you also pay 450+ on each engine for something you can get out of a 300 engine

as far as nothing beat full economy? Come race at the nitro pit. Noone goes ten min out here on a tank unless your running novarossi, and only a few do, i am one of those people. I never could do that with a vspec or a speed even with 6mm res
I have been to the Nitro Pit. I was there for the Nitrocross race and for that race, they ran 10 minute quilifiers. Guess what, I was one of 2 drivers that I know that never pitted in all 3 quilifiers. After the quals. I had about a 1/8th tank left easy. I quilified 9th in open class and finished 6th in the race. The main was 30 minutes long there and I only pitted twice. So there you go.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

and you also pay 450+ on each engine for something you can get out of a 300 engine

as far as nothing beat full economy? Come race at the nitro pit. Noone goes ten min out here on a tank unless your running novarossi, and only a few do, i am one of those people. I never could do that with a vspec or a speed even with 6mm res
Can you get 20+ gallons out of a $300 dollar engine? I can with my Speeds, so $450 I will gladly pay. I can find them for $350 to $400 at times.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Speedyrob
Stay away from all these new tawain engines for a year then ask guys running them how they are. Just my 2 cents thanks speedy
I'm not sure about the RB line if it is or is not made in Taiwan.

I can tell you though that the Taiwan manufactured Alpha Plus line of engines has far exceeded what I initially expected from a Taiwan made engine.

Near 9 gallons on a Z852 and still running strong in a truggy.

Little over 4 gallons on a S852 in a buggy.

Just over 8 gallons on a F850 that I just changed out a piston and sleeve, as the piston pin started to get loose. The rod is in perfect shape but was also changed as the replacement parts I had in stock was a P/S/R assembly.

No shortage of power and consistently run 10+ minutes in a buggy and over 11 in a truggy.

$200-$210 engines and under $100 for a piston sleeve and rod.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cornerspeed
I have been to the Nitro Pit. I was there for the Nitrocross race and for that race, they ran 10 minute quilifiers. Guess what, I was one of 2 drivers that I know that never pitted in all 3 quilifiers.
Don, Was I the other??? or do I make three
Old 01-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kodiakbear7070
Why Nova Rossi what makes them great, Alot of pros run them and do well infact win with them but because they endorce the product doesnt mean one should go out and buy it. I will say this they must be doing something right cause they been around for years. But what hands on experience can back your answer.
Most of the "pro" drivers that run Novarossi could run any engine they wanted. They chose Nova as much as Nova chose them.
The reason they're so popular is simple(for stock versions) power+reliable+easy to tune+good fuel mileage=Popular
Old 01-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
Most of the "pro" drivers that run Novarossi could run any engine they wanted. They chose Nova as much as Nova chose them.
The reason they're so popular is simple(for stock versions) power+reliable+easy to tune+good fuel mileage=Popular
You are of course talking about after GRP ran out of money that the Pros found their next sugar daddy? J/K....... kinda.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.