Community
Wiki Posts
Search

tuggy!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Default tuggy!

Ok so I know everyone loves racing their truggy and so but no tracks are available to me.. So shout out to all the bashers I was wondering what would be a good truggy to bash with(sticking with mainstream brands). I think I would like a RTR since the cost of truggy kits are waaay up there and I am not a fan of buying used.

Looking at jammin x2, RC8T and 8T 2.0 and others I should look at? TTR St-1 seems to be discontinued and I guess the parts will soon follow
Old 01-01-2010, 07:47 AM
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Domo3
Ok so I know everyone loves racing their truggy and so but no tracks are available to me.. So shout out to all the bashers I was wondering what would be a good truggy to bash with(sticking with mainstream brands). I think I would like a RTR since the cost of truggy kits are waaay up there and I am not a fan of buying used.

Looking at jammin x2, RC8T and 8T 2.0 and others I should look at? TTR St-1 seems to be discontinued and I guess the parts will soon follow
Those are racing truggies you just mentioned. Get the Ofna mutilator truggy rtr. Its more durable than all the above.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I am not a fan of rtr's but out of them I would go with the losi comes with a dx3s radio,starter box,good engine...only thing I would do off the bat with any rtr is upgrade the servos...I am a fan of futaba servos but there are so many out their and they are all good anymore las long as you set end points correctly...if u can not afford 2 servos off the bat then at least up grade the steering and move the rtr sterring servo to the throttle
Old 01-01-2010, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

the rc8t IMO would not be a good brasher(have one)
the losi or maybe a D8. and you will spend as much
if not more money on the rtr than a kit in the long run
Old 01-01-2010, 08:13 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I bash a Hot Bodies LSP Pro R with the aluminum arms. You can pick them up cheap (there's a couple for sale here) and all parts are available at AMAIN. My buddy and I both bash them and they are brutally tough! A little too heavy to compete with newer truggies at the track, but make the ultimate basher IMO. They run circles around any MT and can be set up with big ground clearance.