Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novarossi 21+4 turbo plug help ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 05:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Novarossi 21+4 turbo plug help ???

Hi there i have read lots of different comments while searching the forum about correct plugs for engine.

My question is i have a novaroosi 21+4 turbo buttom fitted that i bought 2nd hand ( 1 1/2 litres only ) that had an o.s p4 turbo plug fitted.....

Is this ok for the engine or should i only be using the correct novarossi long turbo plug in this engine or now that it has been run with an o.s plug should i stay with o.s plugs....

Please advise which plugs do fit correctly in this engine for best seal and best glow as each search i did had lots of people saying different things about plugs that fit properly and i would like to complete the run in and get this engine running properly for my new buggy.

Also what pipe is best for this engine purely for racing on an off road track....
Old 01-09-2010, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

check out the novarossi thread and you should find what ya need..
Old 01-09-2010, 05:59 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

the OS thread taper is different..........get a new button and run Odonnell 97T's
Old 01-09-2010, 10:56 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
the OS thread taper is different..........get a new button and run Odonnell 97T's
Your choice if you want to get a new turbo underhead part#28002 and run odo97t or just keep running os plugs now that it has an os plug installed . If you go back to nova/odonnell plugs there will be a slight leakage causing low compression . I say stick with the os plugs and use either p3 or p4. I do not have any experience with os plugs but do know what they consider there plugs as far as different heat ranges.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I would stick with the P4...thats what I run in my C6 which is novarossi made...
Old 01-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hi

i run an OS P3 with my plus4 with no problems, just dont switch back to another plug.

cheers

Ali
Old 01-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Default reply

Thanks guys well the os turbo plugs are the easiest for me to get so i will stick with the os plugs now that it has been started this way by the first onwer.........cheers
Old 01-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
Your choice if you want to get a new turbo underhead part#28002 and run odo97t or just keep running os plugs now that it has an os plug installed . If you go back to nova/odonnell plugs there will be a slight leakage causing low compression . I say stick with the os plugs and use either p3 or p4. I do not have any experience with os plugs but do know what they consider there plugs as far as different heat ranges.
Originally Posted by savagesam
Thanks guys well the os turbo plugs are the easiest for me to get so i will stick with the os plugs now that it has been started this way by the first onwer.........cheers
i ran os when i first got a +4 and i hated it. wouldnt idle at all. same button i went to nova and never had a problem
Old 01-13-2010, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

Default reply

I finally ran the engine today for 7 tanks with an o.s p6 plug fitted and had no leaks at all and the engine idled nice and clean and i was getting between 11 and 12 minutes run time from a tank in the hot bodies d8 buggy on our off road track MORRCC..... thanks for the replies guys it was very help full and i find that what works for some people doesnt allways work for every one....
Old 01-13-2010, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

savage well put, I would think a p4 might work a little better as a p6 is a pretty cold plug for that engine, from what I have read on it anyways...

Ryan