R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   What Tires Should I Get To Run At The Nitro Pit (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/356067-what-tires-should-i-get-run-nitro-pit.html)

Frank L 12-31-2009 06:27 AM

Anybody tried a revolver tire out there?

Integra 12-31-2009 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Frank L (Post 6785746)
So you guys arent running like grid irons or holeshots, thats interesting. Personally I bring everything I got, caliber, gridiron, 7's, eclipse, xbt (my fav combo on the buggy top secret M. Truhe stuff) cross brace, i-beam, city block, cross hairs etc... you never know what you are going to like.

BTW nice nice thread Cary. Imon that train hehehe :D

I know who i going to for tires if i need to try something different then what i brought. :lol:

Frank L 12-31-2009 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Integra (Post 6786903)
I know who i going to for tires if i need to try something different then what i brought. :lol:

:lol::lol: there is a rental fee, a surchage, an out of state tax, some type of tarrif and a cleaning deposit. Hehehe

losi_racer 12-31-2009 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Frank L (Post 6786793)

frank, we have a joke about those out here at the pit.

They call them revolvers because they make you wanna shoot your self when you run them

Integra 12-31-2009 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Frank L (Post 6786931)
:lol::lol: there is a rental fee, a surchage, an out of state tax, some type of tarrif and a cleaning deposit. Hehehe

:lol: :lol: funny guy

Frank L 12-31-2009 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Integra (Post 6786987)
:lol: :lol: funny guy

:D

az00lude 12-31-2009 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Frank L (Post 6785885)
I tried the 7's on my buggy and it was all over the place I didn't like them at all.

Was this at the Nitro pit? Haven't tried them. Heard they are good and Maifield won with them last year.

Frank L 01-11-2010 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by az00lude (Post 6787653)
Was this at the Nitro pit? Haven't tried them. Heard they are good and Maifield won with them last year.

No it was on an indoor sticky clay track.

losi_racer 01-11-2010 07:03 PM

thought i would update truggy list.

been running aka city blocks soft latley. First run out i tq'ed and got second in the main in our local series race. this is what ill be running at nitro challenge

Jaz240 01-11-2010 07:03 PM

Most people find them to be way too inconsistent and dont run them anymore at the Pit..I would advise you all to stick with AKA if you want your tread to be the same from start to finish..we ran a 2 hour endurance race with no water, non stop with soft crossbraces all around and the car was dialed start to finish, and the tread still had more than 50% life :nod: Thats a tire!

razo125 01-11-2010 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Frank L (Post 6785885)
I tried the 7's on my buggy and it was all over the place I didn't like them at all.

Originally Posted by az00lude (Post 6787653)

Revolver's didn't work for me on a Losi chassis. 7's will work in the later rounds and the mains. They are the 2009 winning Nitro challenge tire after all. I tried them for the AZ state champs at the pit and they worked great for me. :)

Some tires choices to cover the different conditions would be small pin tires like holeshots, grid irons, 7's. Wet track tires eclipse, HB khaos, I-beams, bowties.

Many people prefer the bowtie type tires all the time and go fast with that because of their consistency. I prefer the small pin tires cause they seem to have more side grip.

Frank L 01-11-2010 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by losi_racer (Post 6839940)
thought i would update truggy list.

been running aka city blocks soft latley. First run out i tq'ed and got second in the main in our local series race. this is what ill be running at nitro challenge

Losi_racer have you tried the super soft city blocks on the truggy? and have you tried the proline calibers on the truggy?

dishsoap 01-11-2010 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Frank L (Post 6840634)
Losi_racer have you tried the super soft city blocks on the truggy? and have you tried the proline calibers on the truggy?

Frank

I know he likes the Calibers for Truggy but prefers Losi Eclipse Green for Buggy. You cant go wrong with City Blocks.

For Buggy I prefer I beams all around.

Frank L 01-11-2010 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by dishsoap (Post 6840652)
Frank

I know he likes the Calibers for Truggy but prefers Losi Eclipse Green for Buggy. You cant go wrong with City Blocks.

For Buggy I prefer I beams all around.

i like the side bite of the calibers on the truggy and the losi eclipse are great on the buggy. Recently I have been running ss grid irons with great success. So many tires so little track time.

dishsoap 01-11-2010 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Frank L (Post 6840735)
i like the side bite of the calibers on the truggy and the losi eclipse are great on the buggy. Recently I have been running ss grid irons with great success. So many tires so little track time.

I would say the top three tires used at the pit would be

AKA I-Beams or City Blocks
Proline Calibers
Losi Eclipse Green