R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   proline caliber qustion? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/354104-proline-caliber-qustion.html)

bigguyrc8 12-22-2009 07:33 PM

proline caliber qustion?

i just mounted up some calibers with the green dot inside and i noticed now the treads are going different ways from one side to the other ,what did i do and what does this mean.

WideOpenThrottle RC 12-22-2009 07:35 PM

Calibers are a directional tire, there desiged to be ran with the tread in the same direction...

bigguyrc8 12-22-2009 07:45 PM

thanks i kind of figured that one out,(im a jac ass)can u tell me about the directions,one looks like more forward bite,i guess i'll buy 4 more and mount them the same to equal things out

dishsoap 12-22-2009 07:49 PM

I have ran them backwards and my Son has ran them in none matching patters from one side to another.

I didnt see any difference. Keep in mind we race for fun. A pro could probably tell but we couldnt.

aaron joy 12-22-2009 08:53 PM

Look for the arrow on the sidewall of the tire. Mount two one way and two the other way.

The Working Man 12-22-2009 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by aaron joy (Post 6754382)
Look for the arrow on the sidewall of the tire. Mount two one way and two the other way.

Thats just way to easy.:sneaky:

Kent Beal 12-22-2009 09:46 PM

Glad I read this before putting glue on my truggy tires. Remember when buying them for my buggy that the clerk told me they were directional.

Just forgot because the short coarse tires aren't directional

Frank L 12-23-2009 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by dishsoap (Post 6754118)
I have ran them backwards and my Son has ran them in none matching patters from one side to another.

I didnt see any difference. Keep in mind we race for fun. A pro could probably tell but we couldnt.

When theses tires start to lose traction run them backwards and they will regain traction. Then they will be shot.

mvo 12-23-2009 04:48 AM

rub your finger against the tread and you will find out.

center and edge in one direction and then in the other direction.

you will notice that in one direction the center will have more grip, and in the other direction the edge will have more grip. So, if you want more forward grip use the direction where the center is most grippy, if you want more sidebite use the direction where the edge is most grippy.

Officespace 12-23-2009 12:32 PM

Just stick the tires/rims you already glued in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees and after that, the CA glue will release and you can separate the rims from the tires. Then just clean any dried CA off the rims and tire walls with denatured alcohol and re-glue them in the correct direction.

I did the same thing when I first bought new Calipers.:)

JodyJ 12-23-2009 04:32 PM

Or dump a 16oz of Acetone in a bucket and put something in there to elevate the tires from touching the acetone. Let them sit for a few days and they will just fall off. If there is still glue on the rim, put the rims only in the bucket for a few more days and the glue will fall off.

Integra 12-23-2009 05:46 PM

Caliber's...not Caliper's. :nod:

Originally Posted by JodyJ (Post 6757852)
Or dump a 16oz of Acetone in a bucket and put something in there to elevate the tires from touching the wheels. Let them sit for a few days and they will just fall off. If there is still glue on the rim, put the rims only in the bucket for a few more days and the glue will fall off.

X2...Best method around no doubt.