Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
sealing carb of nitro engine >

sealing carb of nitro engine

sealing carb of nitro engine

Old 12-21-2009, 01:43 AM
  #1  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 604
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default sealing carb of nitro engine

HI guys,

I want to seal the carb off my caster mk 21. do i need to remove the carb or can I apply a long bead around the carb.

I have removed carb before . not only was it a nightmare. but i found the sealant getting scrapped away when i force the carb back inside
muaythai is offline  
Old 12-21-2009, 01:50 AM
  #2  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
imaxx21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: LA
Posts: 2,742
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

you can do it from the outside with the Lucky 7/Racers Edge type, just use a small flat head to spread it
imaxx21 is offline  
Old 12-21-2009, 02:04 AM
  #3  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 604
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default thanks!

Originally Posted by imaxx21 View Post
you can do it from the outside with the Lucky 7/Racers Edge type, just use a small flat head to spread it
thanks
muaythai is offline  
Old 12-21-2009, 02:53 AM
  #4  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (13)
 
yuppi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: sunshine Coast
Posts: 661
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

i would just bring it out enough to get the bead just inside so when it is fully in it will seal properly
yuppi1 is offline  
Old 12-21-2009, 05:24 AM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (34)
 
j_blaze14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 1,693
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by muaythai View Post
HI guys,

I want to seal the carb off my caster mk 21. do i need to remove the carb or can I apply a long bead around the carb.

I have removed carb before . not only was it a nightmare. but i found the sealant getting scrapped away when i force the carb back inside
some will come off, but the right amount stays. is the carb having issues? if not i would leave it alone if you are not sure how to do it.
j_blaze14 is offline  
Old 12-21-2009, 05:48 AM
  #6  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 604
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default sealing

Originally Posted by j_blaze14 View Post
some will come off, but the right amount stays. is the carb having issues? if not i would leave it alone if you are not sure how to do it.
no. well not that i noticed. its just a few caster has had air leaks. just seen another yesterday at a track. just like mine, the bottom end was richen till the screw looked like it was about to come out , but the engine still sounded too lean when accelerating.

the poor chap DNF with a engine about 300f!

mine went the same way a few months back. i had a leak in my exhasut gasket but i think there was a leak some else since it got so hot
muaythai is offline  
Old 12-21-2009, 06:04 AM
  #7  
Tech Master
iTrader: (34)
 
j_blaze14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 1,693
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by muaythai View Post
no. well not that i noticed. its just a few caster has had air leaks. just seen another yesterday at a track. just like mine, the bottom end was richen till the screw looked like it was about to come out , but the engine still sounded too lean when accelerating.

the poor chap DNF with a engine about 300f!

mine went the same way a few months back. i had a leak in my exhasut gasket but i think there was a leak some else since it got so hot
sounds like a front bearing leak or maybe a kinked line? seal it up to be safe, i have 4 grenades and the only issues i ever had were cracked cases... oh oh check for that. the top is good but the idle is very inconsistent, it goes from too lean to good to too rich.
j_blaze14 is offline  
Old 12-21-2009, 06:04 AM
  #8  
Tech Master
iTrader: (34)
 
j_blaze14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 1,693
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

double post...
j_blaze14 is offline  
Old 12-21-2009, 08:31 AM
  #9  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (55)
 
jpalessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,747
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Lucky7RC Engine Sealant should be used externally only. Use it like a coating, not like a gasket.

http://www.lucky7rc.com/product_info...roducts_id=247
jpalessi is offline  
Old 12-21-2009, 08:58 AM
  #10  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (36)
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 3,038
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

L7 FTW!
NitroOB4You is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.