Old 12-19-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

$199 for the Werks B5
Old 12-19-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Poinas2
Heh, as these Taiwanese engines beats or meets the Italians in performance it seems that's the only argument left for you to use is this metallurgy thinggy. Also as positive thing it's pretty much impossible to prove wrong so thumps up for selecting that one

Anyway considering that RB thinks it's safe to make their engines in Taiwan (K9) why would the Taiwan based ones be any worse ? For sure if you don't know what to do then there might be issues but it's not directly related to materials as they are available around the world.
Oh boy

Taiwan = cheap that's all there is to it

They can copy the good stuff but it really isn't ever as good or better . They have made some some affordabilty differences for sure but I don't believe they have made quality improvements over what they have copied.

There is only one original

And yes RB has switched to taiwan , does that mean they have upgraded?
And yes there are big differences in the metals used and in the processes used when making these engines between the two .

I am in no way saying that taiwan engines are crap guys as there a few good ones out there that rival the original italian made mills for sure .

Last edited by houston; 12-19-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

If you are looking to stay around $200 for engine AND pipe.

Novarossi N21 and Dynamite 086 pipe

O.S. .21VG and Losi RE11 pipe.

Both good combo's and will run you just over $200
Old 12-19-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boomgagem
If you are looking to stay around $200 for engine AND pipe.

Novarossi N21 and Dynamite 086 pipe

O.S. .21VG and Losi RE11 pipe.

Both good combo's and will run you just over $200

But both are absolutely gutless IMO....I would rather buy a Taiwanese for $200 that performs much better....
Old 12-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

gonna have to vote for the ss 21 (obviously), it is hands down a great engine especially at amains price! all of these mentioned are great pieces, but steve o'donnells service and willingness to talk to anyone about his products (team member or not) is unbelievable.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Prophet

Talking

Originally Posted by Maximo
But both are absolutely gutless IMO....I would rather buy a Taiwanese for $200 that performs much better....
So then this argues the point , does the absolute most animalest , fastest , most retarded insanely powerful engine make you the fastest driver? Um no and if anything results in poor lap times on the track for sure. If you are bashing than it doesn't really matter now does it ?

And btw those 3 ports are not gutless , but compared to a picco .28 what isn't ?

Just bustin yer balls neal :-) viva la picco !!!! LOL

Last edited by houston; 12-19-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Poinas2
This statement is based on what ?? You know what each mfg uses or ??

Anyway it's a subjective thing, if one wants to use Nova and pay for then he does
It's based on knowledge from sourcing chinese and taiwanese goods in another industry.

Engines aren't made in China and Taiwan because they are the best engine building houses in the world, they are made there because it's WAY cheaper to have it done there. That a Taiwanese Novarossi knock off (all GO engines) cost within $50 of the Italian engines they're copied from but offer less than half the life (and face it, less performance) means you are being ripped off and the guy selling you the Taiwanese engine is making more money ripping you off than the guy selling you the Italian engine.

The guy selling the Italian engine also backs his product, not as likely with the gut selling the Asian engine...

Houston, Ron Hopkins of Werks and Jim at Fusion Motorsports are all legendary backers of the products they sell. What's the name of the guy that backs the Asian knockoffs?
Old 12-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What's the name of the guy that backs the Asian knockoffs?
Jackie Chang
Old 12-19-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Asian haters I smell
Another reminder, O.S. is the current word champ
Old 12-19-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by houston
So then this argues the point , does the absolute most animalest , fastest , most retarded insanely powerful engine make you the fastest driver? Um no and if anything results in poor lap times on the track for sure. If you are bashing than it doesn't really matter now does it ?

And btw those 3 ports are not gutless , but compared to a picco .28 what isn't ?

Just bustin yer balls neal :-) viva la picco !!!! LOL
No Monty, you do make a good point.. Some engines are too extreme and will not help a persons lap times....However likewise if a motor doesn't have enough power it can also hurt laptimes, as well as take away some of the excitement of driving.......Your comparing absolute extremes when you compare some of the Picco's to a N21 or OS 21 VG...However in this day an age there are quite a few solid engines in the $200.00 range that have power outputs that are right in the middle... More power then the 3 ports mentioned, but nothing insane and uncontrollable..... With the market being so strong in the $200.00 range manufacturers are putting more thought and performance into this price range and IMO you don't need to settle for a basic 3 port any more........

Tho I might agree that the Italians still use better materials however I wouldn't be overlooking the Asian Engines at all....The new JLR from OFNA is a very impressive engine, hard crank material, Billet piston, A very advanced port design using opening sequences similar to my own modified engines, something I would never have figured to see from a factory at any price range of engine... From my standpoint the JLR .21 is a really trick little engine that shows the Asian engine manufacturers are more capable then they are being given credit for.......If I had my choice between a OS 21VG,N21 or a JLR .21 I would take the JLR all day long....
Old 12-19-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

How much are the JLR .21's? I was just giving him options to stay around 200 for both engine and pipe, and both engine's I mentioned are decent engines. No they're not powerhouses, but they are decent engines for the price.

The Losi 350 is also a good engine for the money that you put into one
Old 12-19-2009, 10:31 AM
Tech Prophet

No Monty, you do make a good point.. Some engines are too extreme and will not help a persons lap times....However likewise if a motor doesn't have enough power it can also hurt laptimes, as well as take away some of the excitement of driving.......Your comparing absolute extremes when you compare some of the Picco's to a N21 or OS 21 VG...However in this day an age there are quite a few solid engines in the $200.00 range that have power outputs that are right in the middle... More power then the 3 ports mentioned, but nothing insane and uncontrollable..... With the market being so strong in the $200.00 range manufacturers are putting more thought and performance into this price range and IMO you don't need to settle for a basic 3 port any more........

Tho I might agree that the Italians still use better materials however I wouldn't be overlooking the Asian Engines at all....The new JLR from OFNA is a very impressive engine, hard crank material, Billet piston, A very advanced port design using opening sequences similar to my own modified engines, something I would never have figured to see from a factory at any price range of engine... From my standpoint the JLR .21 is a really trick little engine that shows the Asian engine manufacturers are more capable then they are being given credit for.......If I had my choice between a OS 21VG,N21 or a JLR .21 I would take the JLR all day long....
i sell the 3 ports for 135$ , that is a good pricepoint for performance that you get

with 40$ for a little extra work , they are almost undetectible from much more expensive engines . powerhouse does a great little 3 port also . novarossi power
Old 12-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by boomgagem
How much are the JLR .21's? I was just giving him options to stay around 200 for both engine and pipe, and both engine's I mentioned are decent engines. No they're not powerhouses, but they are decent engines for the price.

The Losi 350 is also a good engine for the money that you put into one
$177.00

5+2 port, Billet piston, aggressive porting and timing profiles...its very high performance engine, Parts are also affordable and readily available .. In the $200 range this is a really fine engine.......
Old 12-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Tech Prophet

$177.00

5+2 port, Billet piston, aggressive porting and timing profiles...its very high performance engine, Parts are also affordable and readily available .. In the $200 range this is a really fine engine.......
and thus concludes this advertisement portion of your program

there are many choices is the bottom line OP
Old 12-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Tech Champion

[QUOTE=houston;6739888]and thus concludes this advertisement portion of your program

;

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.