R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   AKA super softs. Has anyone got some feedback? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/352526-aka-super-softs-has-anyone-got-some-feedback.html)

portyansky 12-16-2009 07:17 PM

AKA super softs. Has anyone got some feedback?

Just wondering if anyone has feedback on the super softs...

C.Harper 12-16-2009 07:22 PM

saw the super soft grid irons run on a cold indoor clay track, seemed to do well... about as good as the pink taper pin which is the tire of choice for the track

portyansky 12-16-2009 07:37 PM

Good stuff. Getting ready for indoor clay and am gonna try the city blocks (truggy)

tech5 12-16-2009 07:51 PM

This is the tire to be on. It lasts and lasts. Super softs are the bomb! Soft is the new hard tire.

Frank L 12-16-2009 08:00 PM

I have to agree about the supersofts. I mounted up a set of Ibeams and they work very well. Unfortunately the track I run on is all indoor clay but its loose and really sticks to the tires so anything smaller than i beams the tire turns into slicks as they are caked with mud, but the supersoft tires are great. :)

Integra 12-16-2009 08:21 PM

I feel the Citi's dont last long enough VS the I-beams...the top row is gone pretty quick (pending the dirt) and then your left with a very Flat lug that is really only good for blue grooveish condition's.

madweazl 12-16-2009 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Integra (Post 6729861)
I feel the Citi's dont last long enough VS the I-beams...the top row is gone pretty quick (pending the dirt) and then your left with a very Flat lug that is really only good for blue grooveish condition's.

I feel the same way after running two sets of Citys, one set of I-beams (all soft), and one set of City/I-beams.

Racecrafter 12-17-2009 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by madweazl (Post 6729885)
I feel the same way after running two sets of Citys, one set of I-beams (all soft), and one set of City/I-beams.

If your track is that abrasive then you possibly need mediums.

As Tech5 stated the Super Soft will be the tire to have where the softs rained supreme. (Until the weather warms back up around 80*)

bcarter007 12-17-2009 09:38 AM

i ran a set of super soft city blocks on buggy last week on a clay blue groove track and they were hooked really nice...friend of mine has ran them on truggy the last 3 races and he was dialed too...i ordered set of super soft ibeams still waiting on them to get here...gonna run city blocks front and ibeams rear i think will be a good fit

smokinu 12-17-2009 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by tech5 (Post 6729723)
This is the tire to be on. It lasts and lasts. Super softs are the bomb! Soft is the new hard tire.

soft tires when cold get hard lmao...

thats why you run m2 in the hot and when it gets cold drop to m3

the rubber gets a little more stiff the colder it gets.

jrwoodchuck 12-17-2009 02:28 PM

I ran the ss i-beams a few weeks ago and really liked them, i will be getting some ss gridirons next. i will be running them until the temp comes up in the spring.

Jonathan Bell 12-17-2009 02:32 PM

The track we run on is hard packed moist with lite dust(indoor). I ran a set of ss grid irons last weekend and the things were friggin glued to the track! This is where we normally struggle for traction but they felt amazing. They were twice as good as a m3 caliber. I have some blue jconcept 7's that will be here tomorrow and I hear there the cats meow! We'll see. btw all these are for truggy. :nod:

bigmatt 12-17-2009 03:31 PM

I just use reino's tire conditioner. softens the rubber for more grip and longer wear. great stuff.

Integra 12-17-2009 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by bigmatt (Post 6733087)
I just use reino's tire conditioner. softens the rubber for more grip and longer wear. great stuff.

longer wear ?:weird:

Jaz240 12-17-2009 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Integra (Post 6734260)
longer wear ?:weird:

I was thinking the same thing :weird:

softer tire=faster wear