Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problem: Kyosho Ultima with .12 dynamite

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Problem: Kyosho Ultima with .12 dynamite

Hello everyone, thank you in advance for your assistance.

I bought a Kyosho Ultima GP Type R, I know is an old model, I got it with a Dynamite .12 engine, the Chasis has a plastic piece that goes over the engine between the head and the carb.

The problem is that the carb needle hits the plastic piece and at the "closed" position if I look inside the carb it has a 2mm (maybe more) gap, I haven't start the engine untill I am sure, but I suspect this will give me some troubles.

If I disassemble the carb, do you know if I can position the carb needle further from that bar? when fully open it points straight with the air intake.

Thank you all.

Whish I could post photos, but I am new and system wont let me so, please use the following address, just remove spaces .

h t t p : / / img197.imageshack.us / img197 / 6553 / kyosho12dynamiteproblem.jpg
Old 12-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

whats that plastic piece do?

seems like you could just dremel a notch in it
Old 12-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by imaxx21

Thank you, here is an update, another photo that may explain better what is happening.

Whish I could just remove it, but it connects the transmission case, I bete there is a reazon for that bar to be there.

(again please remove spaces from the following URL to see it)

h t t p : / / i47.tinypic.com / egwnig.jpg

Thanks again.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by imaxx21

I would like to share this, for other users with same model (Kyosho Ultima GP Type R).
The plastic piece, first I through it was probably made for the original engine, but when I removed it, even when it looked like nothing changed, It is a very important support for the clutch bell gear and the spur to stay in place, otherwise if I try to "bend" the car they slightly separate, enough to strip the gear on power. Later I tryied putting the piece back in place, and the "flexibility" was gone.

The fix was to loosen the not and reposition the throttle arm.

The problem now is, or may not be a problem (sorry I am newbie). On the idle position the carb has a 1mm gap which is fine after reading the engine's manual, but on full throttle the card doesn't open completely, it reaches the 70% of the whole capacity. I guess this can be limited by the servo, a futaba s3003.

Any ideas??

Thank you