Wiki Posts
Search

M11 or 4PK

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by merdith6
I like futaba too, but their customer service is terrible. Airtronics have been the best overall. I like using crystals over the newer spread spectrum, less issues it seems to me. I guess I'm just old school. Oh well....I do like futaba servos though.
No issues with Airtronics M11x, forget the crystals come on over to the 2.4 side. I have had all the radios, 3PK to M8 to M11 to 4PK and finally to the M11X. I should have never left Airtronics! I have wasted a lot of money with the Futaba brands and I can't be any happier with the M11x!
Old 01-14-2010, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

My opinion, although late, is buy a 3PK, radio only, head on over to xtreme power systems website www.xtremepowersystems.com Pick your self up a module and a couple recievers, and call it a day. I also run a 2cell lipo in mine, with no problems, unregulated. You cant beat the 3pk, it isnt as touchy, on throttle/brake or with steering, The m11 always felt twitchy to me, plus, to me it always seemed that the airtronics is always delayed, and when you hold the steering or throttle in one spot, the servo never stays still..

They are good radios, but not as good as futaba's stuff.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Interesting.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Integra
Interesting.

I thought so too, good to be friends with a guy who builds his own radio systems

Jim over at XPS is a really nice guy, If you were looking for a reason to take your radio equipment to the next level, His stuff is the answer.

Guys trust 10,000 dollar RC planes to his equipment, so I figure my 1500 dollar toy car should be no problem
Old 01-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by xxxtcr
I thought so too, good to be friends with a guy who builds his own radio systems

Jim over at XPS is a really nice guy, If you were looking for a reason to take your radio equipment to the next level, His stuff is the answer.

Guys trust 10,000 dollar RC planes to his equipment, so I figure my 1500 dollar toy car should be no problem

Good stuff buddy...im gonna wait it out for the Hitec system tho.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Integra
Good stuff buddy...im gonna wait it out for the Hitec system tho.
If I remember correctly they used to have a pretty good radio alot like the m8 way back when, I could be wrong, but I think my friend had one...
Old 01-15-2010, 06:53 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by xxxtcr
If I remember correctly they used to have a pretty good radio alot like the m8 way back when, I could be wrong, but I think my friend had one...

the next one is Going to BLOW every other Mfg's radio out of the water when it comes time.