R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Please Help !!!!!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/350890-please-help.html)

grantstar 12-11-2009 02:41 AM

Please Help !!!!!!

I just purchased a new 8T2.0. I am having problems trying to get the motor to turn. the batteries in the starter box are fully charged but when the box starter hits the fly wheel the motor will not even turn. It seems to be jambed is there some thing I am doing wrong. Any advice will be appreciated. I have had new cars before but not a losi and all I had to do was put in fuel and they would start without any problems.
:mad:

cluffy1 12-11-2009 03:02 AM

hay

turn the flywheel wheel by hand first to get the piston to be at bottom died centre(when it is at its loosest) this will allow the starter box to get over the top died centre when you put the car on the starter box. becuse it is a new engine your starter box will have a lot of trouble turning the motor over at this piont.

hope this helps
dane

DOMIT 12-11-2009 03:38 AM

New high performance engines (even the RTR Losi ones) are very tight initially. Heat it up with a heat gun before trying to start it. (If you don't have one and don't want to buy one, a hair dryer is better than nothing... you want to get the temp up pretty close to operating temps. A hair dryer you might get it to 160 or so- not really as hot as you want, but better than nothing.)

And as noted, get the engine to bottom center before you try to crank it.

Engines like this are harder to break in initially... but it is worth it.

hdcruzer 12-11-2009 07:30 AM

Also make sure the wheel in the box lines up with the flywheel. And with the losis you have to push down at the glow driver,just like the book shows. If you push from the wing its not gonna do anything but burn up your starter wheel.

hdcruzer 12-11-2009 07:35 AM

Heres another tip. After you get that 454 broke in, keep it as a spare and go out and buy yourself a Werks B5. Especially if your going to get into racing. The 454 is a good basher motor but thats about it.

ABURTON 12-11-2009 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by hdcruzer (Post 6706074)
Heres another tip. After you get that 454 broke in, keep it as a spare and go out and buy yourself a Werks B5. Especially if your going to get into racing. The 454 is a good basher motor but thats about it.

Thats not needed at all. I actually ran these engines for most of this year with great results.

If taken care of that engine will get good run time, have tons of power, and have a good life. It will be perfect to race with.

I ran the entire RC Pro Midsouth schedule with them and finished 1st overall in the pro class in truggy, and was second by two points to Ryan Lopez in pro buggy. My engine was 100% stock and I even used a losi pipe(RE10 and 11)

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/1...d6c2352d4d.jpg

rider313 12-11-2009 01:36 PM

Pre heat! take your GF's hair dryer while shes in the shower.:nod:

DOMIT 12-11-2009 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by ABURTON (Post 6707162)
Thats not needed at all. I actually ran these engines for most of this year with great results.

If taken care of that engine will get good run time, have tons of power, and have a good life. It will be perfect to race with.

I ran the entire RC Pro Midsouth schedule with them and finished 1st overall in the pro class in truggy, and was second by two points to Ryan Lopez in pro buggy. My engine was 100% stock and I even used a losi pipe(RE10 and 11)

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/1...d6c2352d4d.jpg

This is truth. Losi does NOT put "crap" engines in their RTR's like some manufacturers. I'm not one of the Losi "fanbois" either... notice I don't run one... but I appreciate how they raised the bar for RTRs.

You got the best RTR truggy package on the planet, bar none. Great truck, great radio, great engine.

Move the steering servo to throttle, buy a good steering servo, and drive it like you stole it.

hdcruzer 12-11-2009 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by DOMIT (Post 6707368)
This is truth. Losi does NOT put "crap" engines in their RTR's like some manufacturers. I'm not one of the Losi "fanbois" either... notice I don't run one... but I appreciate how they raised the bar for RTRs.

You got the best RTR truggy package on the planet, bar none. Great truck, great radio, great engine.

Move the steering servo to throttle, buy a good steering servo, and drive it like you stole it.

I have to disagree with this as myself and 2 others all started with rtrs at our local track. All truggys, all 454s. They were all garbage motors. Which is why we all run somthing different now. The biggest problem is tuning. They wont hold a tune for crap. Now Arbutron may have got lucky and got a good one and Im glad he raced a whole season with it. But I did not have that luck, nor did my two counterparts. I now run a B5 It starts right up, will idle all day, keeps it s tune, dosnt flame out for no reason at all. The Losi did none of these, and it did flame out all the time. This is just my opinon. Ill stick with motors rhat are made in Italy, Ill never use or buy a Tiwanese motor again.

pickle311 12-11-2009 04:39 PM

A friend of mine had the RTR with the 454 and it was a great motor. He was getting 10 minute run times out of it and it was very fast for club racing.
As stated, you will want to pre heat the engine for at least the first gallon of it's life. This will greatly increase the life of the motor.

3DRCRACER 12-11-2009 04:58 PM

+1 on the heat gun. Its the only way to break in a new motor. You may want to loosen the glow plug a turn to releive some pressure also. If it starts with it loose just tighten it back down. If it sounds like it wants to start but doesn't, close it a little till it starts.:nod::nod:

You also said you couldn't turn the flywheel, like it was jammed. Then it is stuck in the pinch at top dead center. Just get a screw driver and pry the fly wheel around to free it up and turn it to bottom dead center. You may have to do this a few times.

keepitmovin504 12-11-2009 05:09 PM

+1 on moving the flywheel so it's at BDC. The samething happened to me when i got my first nitro (2.5 T-MAXX) I thought the engine was broken until I moved the flywheel around with some pliers and it started right up.

mickbali123 12-12-2009 02:43 AM

Hi all.
Guys please help me out.
I am thinking of buying a new ipod nano having elegant skin soon, So could anyone here please suggest me some websites providing ipod nano with nice skins?

scwrod 12-12-2009 06:13 AM

:weird:

3DRCRACER 12-12-2009 06:20 AM

I think he said he's looking for a skin website:lol::lol::nod: