Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i would get the bce chassis you might have to wait for about a mouth or
so maybe not but from what i heard its worth it just keep on running the stock
eight chassis intil u get it
It does take awhile, you are correct, so if you are in a hurry you will not be happy. Personally I think its worth the wait, the payoff in the handling dept makes the wait worthwhile.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by unsp0ken
bce or losi, it'll improve it in the rough and make it feel more stable over the 1.0 stock chassis.

i have the bce on my 1.0 and it's been a great hop-up. i've never tried the stock 2.0 losi chassis so i can't comment. if you go the bce route, do know that there's a lead time on getting it built and sent to you so you may have to wait a few weeks to receive it from the time of payment. if you absolultely need it soon, you might want to go the losi route.
well im not in a rush to get it coz i might get it for my bday which is early next year so i will probably go for the bce chassis.

does anyone have any idea on how long it takes for a bce chassis to get to england?
Old 12-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

go with the losi. no need to worry about 4 1mm washers for the center diff. Plus, youll get it faster then ordering the BCE
Old 12-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
go with the losi. no need to worry about 4 1mm washers for the center diff. Plus, youll get it faster then ordering the BCE
Ya cuz he already stated he was in a rush to get it plus those washers really slow you down....
Old 12-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jube
Ya cuz he already stated he was in a rush to get it plus those washers really slow you down....
actually, not trying to bash on the chassis as it is a good chassis, but those washers are pretty darn frustrating to work with when putting the center diff back on.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by unsp0ken
actually, not trying to bash on the chassis as it is a good chassis, but those washers are pretty darn frustrating to work with when putting the center diff back on.
nuttin a spec of CA wont take care of though
Old 12-07-2009, 11:58 PM
Tech Regular

im probably going to order a bce chassis in the new year but does any one have any idea how much it will cost to send to the UK?

i was also thinking of getting a losi centre smart diff but how will it improve my car on a track that is tight and technical where i need got acceleration?

and how will a front smart diff improve my car?
Old 12-08-2009, 12:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Frank L
+1 on the BCE chassis. I have run the roller chassis on a 8T 1.0 and then switched to the flex tuned chassis and the difference was huge, better stability in the bumps and overall more traction, well worth the 100 bucks to upgrade. Then comes the BCE chassis. And I can say that there was as much of an improvement from the felx tuned to the bce as there was from the stock to the flex tuned. The BCE chassis makes the car more predictable and helps it out in the bumps. I like the BCE chassis and they cost about the same as a flex tuned chassis. Everything mounts up just like it was factory made. The BCE chassis is 1mm thinner so you have to use the supplied washers on the center diff mount so the spur gear does not hang below the chassis. The BCE 2.0 chassis is the way to go if you are thinking about updating your chassis. All you will need is a rear center driveshaft and you are set.
if was to get the 2.0 chassis would i have to get a new bodyshell so heard on other threads on this forum saying that if i was to get a 2.0 chassis i would have to get a 2.0 bodyshell are they right? coz i just sprayed a new bodyshell
Old 12-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

if you look on the losi web site you can buy a split center diff mount so you dont have to take the whole mount off you only have to take a the top section

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSA4444
Old 12-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lewis666
if you look on the losi web site you can buy a split center diff mount so you dont have to take the whole mount off you only have to take a the top section

Too bad with Most motor config's the Brake cams sit Right under the carb making it near impossible to remove the center diff with out unbolting the motor.

Nice idea but wont work for everyone.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lewis666

So now your saying spend an extra 80 bucks to use the BCE chassis? Wow, that makes the Stocker that much better
Old 12-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

So now your saying spend an extra 80 bucks to use the BCE chassis? Wow, that makes the Stocker that much better
ROFL. 80 bucks for a diff mount.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

what he was saying is that if you dont want to mess around with removing the center diff because of the washers you could buy the removable mount, which would be a waste of money, cause like integra said, the motor has to come out too. Does that buggy you bought from scott still have the bce chassis on it?

@ lewis, I believe if you just elongate the hole in the rear, you can use your old shell, trust me, I did the same thing while testing. The washers for the center diff mount are purely an option, The center diff will not stick out without them, but it is closer to the bottom of the chassis. I took 4 shock o-ring retainer washers, glued them to the bottom of the center diff mount, and have never had to think about it since, and shipping to the uk will be quick and fairly cheap with a flat rate shipping service. I just talked to bill and he says that the chassis are in stock and ready to ship, so it will be shipped within a day of payment.

@ jube........nice one about the washers
Old 12-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xxxtcr
what he was saying is that if you dont want to mess around with removing the center diff because of the washers you could buy the removable mount, which would be a waste of money, cause like integra said, the motor has to come out too. Does that buggy you bought from scott still have the bce chassis on it?
It does, and it came with the Smart diff, so luckily i haven't had to worry about it yet. I plan on getting the stock chassis after Christmas.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

It does, and it came with the Smart diff, so luckily i haven't had to worry about it yet. I plan on getting the stock chassis after Christmas.
man get rid of that smart diff, you will be happier in the long run, I used to run centers in buggy and truggy, got alot faster when I pulled them out, they are consistent, but consistently slow

I bet you could shave with that bce chassis by now, that thing has seen some track time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.