Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Serpent 811 Cobra Buggy >

Serpent 811 Cobra Buggy

Serpent 811 Cobra Buggy

Old 06-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrojunkie74
how do u guys change the rear sway bar to a thicker one?do u change the bearings as well?if i am not mistaken the sway bar passes trough bearings.
i put a 3mm in my rear all i did was drill the sway bar moutns bigger, bearin is fine,
Old 06-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chad Phillips
tiger - if you have toasted 4 servo's. then obviously something is really wrong. Either something is bound up, not set right, moving, twisting, something... Im pretty sure the northeast is a little hotter than Norway. I race in 95 degree weather with 60-70% humidity.. I haven't blown any servos up (9157 futaba) and my buddy who uses (Hi-tec) hasnt blown any up. I do know people who use airtronics has had issues but i wont comment on Airtronics I will say make sure you use the spacers for the tray. My servo looks like 1/8" off the chassis with the spacers.
i have used bls for 2 years on all my cars on throttle and never had an issue
Old 06-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
Haven't they already banned the Durango body....and the buggy isn't even available yet...lol
That's what ROARtards do, they ban things that aren't out, things that look different, things that are innovative, and even things that have nothing to do with nitro.

As for the recent series of toasted servos... How are you guys routing the wires? While it might just he a heat issue, I also wouldn't discount a mechanical issue caused by pressure or vibration.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)

i have yet to have any issues with my servos, I have been using the mounts like they are, with the fingers to help hold the servo solid so it doesnt move. I have solid mounted my servos for years in all my vehicles never with a problem. I do however run heli servos in 1/8 cause they are built to handle high amounts of vibration that Heli's cause. I am using the JR DS8911HV and DS8917HV. Neither heat nor vibration have been an issue in my Serpent, and I have raced when it was over 100 degrees, and with an engine reaching 250 degrees. Also no problems with the throttle servo horn stripping, but I am anal about getting my linkage and end points perfect, and keeping it all smooth and bind free
Old 06-29-2010, 10:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)

yea, i dont understand this ROAR body junk. They say the bodies are straying to far from being realistic. But show me a real baja or offroad type of buggy that actually resembles any current style 1/8 buggy, or even a truggy for that matter. Back in the day of the OG rc10 and the Losi JRX, those bodies loosely ressembled real buggies. ROAR just needs to let evolution take its course.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Tech Initiate

tecno power is lovely.easy to break in 9min easy smooth acceleration but you have to run it with 25% nitro otherwise is a mess to tune it.i recomend it.now i am getting an orion crf of 2008 do u know them guys any good?
Old 06-29-2010, 10:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
The stock towers delaminate. I have to say everyone I know that runs the car on Supercross style tracks like the Nitro Pit has delaminated the tower glued or not. Mine delaminated on a flat landing not even a crash. I will be the first in line for the King Headz towers.
No, you will be SECOND in line... I wouldn't commit dates until Jim says it's all good... 3 degree anti-squat plate will be released at the same time as the front and rear towers, you will be able to use the Serpent Bushings... Jim is hard at work, and I will wait till he gives the green light... But there coming soon... Exhausted, started building my 3rd kit today, wiped out....
Old 06-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

ur a freak man, but i am all for it...i took pics of my ride and all, just cant upload to my printer, than to photobucket, i had a friend last week at my sons party, clean up mu computer, put new anti-virus software, and now my printer isnt registering to my pc. it shows the printer is there, cables are in,turns on, just not communicating, and i dont know jack about a pc, sux, i got a lotta good ones, heyt btw, who will cut me a sweet deal if i order 2 more kits? where did u get ur gear from, and who can do the wing wraps for me, thanx toro!! you have not steered me wrong at all thus far, and i appreciate it buddy
!!

tommy
Old 06-29-2010, 10:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by skidoos
i have used bls for 2 years on all my cars on throttle and never had an issue
That's the thing, I never had any issues either with my Bls before. Had them in Tamiya, Mugen and Kyosho.
But now, wasted 4 of them in The Serpent. Really like The car, but replacing servos every 45 min gets expensive :-)
Old 06-29-2010, 11:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
ur a freak man, but i am all for it...i took pics of my ride and all, just cant upload to my printer, than to photobucket, i had a friend last week at my sons party, clean up mu computer, put new anti-virus software, and now my printer isnt registering to my pc. it shows the printer is there, cables are in,turns on, just not communicating, and i dont know jack about a pc, sux, i got a lotta good ones, heyt btw, who will cut me a sweet deal if i order 2 more kits? where did u get ur gear from, and who can do the wing wraps for me, thanx toro!! you have not steered me wrong at all thus far, and i appreciate it buddy
!!

tommy
Well, I'm not in the business of steering people in the wrong direction.... As far as the wing wraps, I could ask my friend if he would do it, I can't commit him to anything, but I will def. ask him. There are a few people who want some wing wraps. I don't know where you could get a sweet deal on another 2 kits, I soppose your LHS.....oh, and I'm not a freak, I just suffer from OCD really bad.....it's something I wish there was a cure for.....
Old 06-29-2010, 11:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Tigergutt
That's the thing, I never had any issues either with my Bls before. Had them in Tamiya, Mugen and Kyosho.
But now, wasted 4 of them in The Serpent. Really like The car, but replacing servos every 45 min gets expensive :-)
Try the Sawox servos, nicer price and last a long time.
Have them in Ski.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by negnok
Try the Sawox servos, nicer price and last a long time.
Have them in Ski.
Give me a good price and I'll pick one up on saturday ;-)
Old 06-29-2010, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Default My Cobra 811 pics

SORRY FOR QUALITY OF PICS, I AM NEW WITH POSTING PICS, ALL PAINT LOGO'S ARE PAINT, THE ONLY STICKER IS FROM H.E.S. MODS FOR MY MOTOR...LARRY AT KUSTOM R/C GRAPHICS DID THE PAINT...NEED WING WRAPS, THEY WILL BE COMING

I will post more pics this week, i will try to make em better...

tommy
Old 06-29-2010, 11:14 PM
Tech Initiate

SAVOX ALL THE WAY
Old 06-29-2010, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

oh yea, and i took command over the dinning room table, made my wife real ahppy, note this is AFTER i started to clean up...luckilly the table is 16 feet long!! LOL

OH and i hear u on the ocd thing, just nice to see im not alone....PLEASE lmk on the wing wrap!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.