R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Lutz vs Savoya - Who would win? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/348726-lutz-vs-savoya-who-would-win.html)

dvestate 12-03-2009 02:44 AM

Lutz vs Savoya - Who would win?

Has anyone ever wondered what the outcome would be between Tamiya Driver Ryan Lutz and Mugen Driver & European Champion Renaud Savoya?

Well in Sydney Australia in May 2010 we will get to find out, both have confirmed their attendance to the NSW State Titles and it should be a cracker of an event.

Who knows we might get a few other US drivers to come down for some fun with a break in the RC PRO schedule :)

Information about the State Titles will be posted onto the club website http://www.lrrcc.com

Blackie001 12-03-2009 04:09 AM

Should be a great event. Now all we need is a few more international guys (hint, hint) plus Australia's best & it will be an unbelievable event!!!

Pete.

Flanno 12-03-2009 05:12 AM

Scotty Hughs came out just a few months ago for the Proline Challenge, wonder if he's able to travel to Aus for this one also ?

All I know is I'd better have my video fully charged that week !!

toofast55 12-03-2009 06:32 AM

my money is on savoya with his mugen buggy hands down.

sg1 12-03-2009 06:38 AM

I'll pick Ryan... Even though I've whooped him many times when he was a kid running stock truck :)
-Wayne

Semple 12-03-2009 08:53 AM

If there were bets being taken, my money would be on Savoya. I'd put a decent chunk of change on him.

Racecrafter 12-03-2009 09:15 AM

It's going to come down to the track design.

If it's loose or rough or both Ryan will hands down take Savoya.

If the track has good bite and smooth then maybe Savoya.

However, my "money" is on Ryan either way.

fatdaddy 12-03-2009 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Racecrafter (Post 6672761)
It's going to come down to the track design.

If it's loose or rough or both Ryan will hands down take Savoya.

If the track has good bite and smooth then maybe Savoya.

However, my "money" is on Ryan either way.

and also that euro tracks look to be large open, mostly flat with little jumps, and the american tracks are mostly tight, technical, and have alot of large jumps.

if its american style, Lutz hands down, if its euro style, then i still give lutz the advantage, but it would probably be a closer race.

IMO :D

Mxracer61/801 12-03-2009 10:21 AM

IMO it's gonna come down to whoever is on at the time, everyone knows when drake is on he's not going to be beat just like Cavalieri is on right now he has been winning 8/10 races. I think if savoya keeps his streak going he will b confident going in but will it be enough to beat the raw speed lutz can throw down I don't think savoya would have it even if lutz was a lil off he could still win on the fact that he has a skill to hold it wide open everywhere n not crash alot. That being said my bets r with the Tamiya driver all day. If the race was with those two and Cavalieri we would see some good racing.

Sam-E 12-03-2009 11:34 AM

Dont get your hopes up, will be a fizzer just like the Green vs Roy Jones Jr fight... :lol: probably taken out by an Aussie, most likely a Hutton or perhaps a Griffin, hell even Haley... he is due for a win!!!

Paulus 12-03-2009 12:16 PM

Have you seen the 2008 WC video, think Savoya put on a great show there that was a track we are not familiar with here in europe.
My bet is on Savoya but sins its a mechanical sport all could happen :nod:

Blackie001 12-03-2009 01:42 PM

Here you go guys. This is a video of Ryan at LRRCC when he came to Australia for the RC Pro.

RC Pro was held in QLD, but Ryan came down to Sydney to race at our club before the RC Pro started.

The Track has been changed a little since then & we'll be making some more changes before the NSW Titles.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

RC Pro 1 12-03-2009 01:50 PM

I still haven't "thanked" Paul for videoing my 1st pit stop in 5 years! LOL Now you see why I race direct.....

fatdaddy 12-03-2009 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Blackie001 (Post 6673663)
Here you go guys. This is a video of Ryan at LRRCC when he came to Australia for the RC Pro.

RC Pro was held in QLD, but Ryan came down to Sydney to race at our club before the RC Pro started.

The Track has been changed a little since then & we'll be making some more changes before the NSW Titles.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

its always awesome to watch Lutz's drifting style. i love watching that slo-mo video of him at Rev.

sicsam 12-03-2009 03:20 PM

Thats some sweet driving!:nod: