Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Home made wheel balancing kit? >

Home made wheel balancing kit?

Home made wheel balancing kit?

Old 11-28-2009, 09:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Home made wheel balancing kit?

Have any of you guys made your own wheel balancing rig? I have been looking at them and started to think that someone has to have found an effective and really inexpensive way of doing this.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:13 PM
Tech Rookie

my buddy tried using silicone.. worked ok for him
Old 11-29-2009, 05:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

I made one out of a plane prop balancer works great and it costs about 10 bucks!!
Old 11-29-2009, 06:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I found that the Dynamite/Hudy wheel balancers work good but are kind of bulky and tough to carry around from home to the track so I made a universal set up that I just keep in my tool box so I can balance a set of wheels at the track if I needed to. What I use is the complete Losi front outter spindle assembly with the inner and outter bearings in it and the axle stub with a wheel hex and a wheel nut. Basicly what I do is take one of the front corners and use that. I've compared the two types of balancers and found that there is no real difference between the two, except for the price. I found that I can make this type of balancer for about 20 bucks of extra spare parts.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)
Smile wheel balancer

i made 1 from the rear hub and arm and mounted the turnbuckle to the arm and hub to keep the hub from moving took the grease seals out of the bearing cleaned them and use wd40 in the bearings spins nice any 1/8 scale parts with a 17mm hub works and cheap to make most people already have extra parts for there buggy and truggys
Old 11-29-2009, 07:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have done the same as a few here, and made my own hand balancer, out of spare parts. Old hub,bearings,axle,hex, and wheel nut. Its not as sensitive as a true balancer, but it gets the job done.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Those are some pretty good Ideas. I am going to have to go rig something up like that and post some pictures when I get it done. Do any of you have pictures?