What could happen?

Thanks.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro F150
What could happen?

Thanks.

Corrosion....broken parts....motor seized due to water through the filter...Tires filled with water= wobbly out of balance tires....messed up electronics due to water getting at them....the reason's go on....but You CAN run in the snow no doubt....you just have to take precautionary measures like sealing up the RX box and making sure the servo's are good and sealed....Get a Euro Style Air filter with a cover to prevent the show actually getting on the filter element.....Wrap the head up with foil or a neoprene sock of some sort to help the motor make somewhat proper temp's

If you go blasting through a bunch of fresh powder the motor will Drop temp Very fast with all the powder snow flying around the car n what not so Dont expect to see Optimal running temp's....make sure the motor's rich enought to compensate for the air density and letter rip.

When you come in from the day its Critical to get ALL the water off the truck to prevent problem's down the road......a Compressor is almost Mandatory to a point but letting it drip dry works too but no where near as fast and you'll need to dismantle thing's to make sure everything is dry.

Here's a pic of my Old savage from back in the day when i used to freeze my butt off to burn a little nitro in the Cold Arse winter month's up here in Canada.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Integra -> Where are you in Canada?
Old 11-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We run in Michigan when it is snowing. But, we do it indoors so there is no need to worry about water invasion. Running nitro indoors is fun, as long as the track you are running at has enough ventilation.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

I'd stick with running indoors..... it's not worth your investment in the car to be ruined from snow or water. If you do run it outside then yes take the extra time and effort to protect it very well. Or just stick to a parking lot that is shoveled and has minimal snow.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Tech Rookie

bad a$$ pic.. +1 for the paddle tires
Old 11-29-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sylvain
Integra -> Where are you in Canada?

Oh ya...right above the boarder from North dakota about an hour...i make it down to the MN races all the time....Just got back last night from Round 1 of the WOR series.

2nd in Pro Ebug right behind Adrian R from AE who made the trip From Colorado
4th in Pro Trug...was on pace with 2nd and 3rd but had a couple bobble's and lost the rythm to keep up....Next race tho.
cant remember where i finished in pro Bug....6th i think.

Originally Posted by addiction
bad a$$ pic.. +1 for the paddle tires

they may look cool and work great in a straite line....but turning...oh my....they just go lock to lock and slide....you have to be ON power to get any kind of steering really.

SO i ended up running the paddles out back and spikes up front....ended up putting the paddles' on the shelf and going all spikes...here's another pic