Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whats up with Carolina RC ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Carolinas is my LHS. I also have an inside line on the future of Carolinas RC, and I can't divulge any information other than to say the future is VERY bright for them. They are a great group of guys up there. They are personally very concerned about customer satisfaction not just because it affects the business, but because they genuinely care. There are BIG things coming for and from them in the near future which will benefit everyone, so hang in there. It won't be much longer now. I know they all appreciate your loyalty.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:54 AM
Tech Adept

Thats great to hear, I have always first checked inventory at CarolinaRC for any parts I needed before A-main. Both are top quality on-line shops. But with racing every weekend , shipping time and IN Stock items is a big plus. CarolinaRC in their prime couldn't be beat. I knew if I ordered a part on Monday before 3:00pm, it would be shipped same day and I would have it by Wednesday.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Joey Powell
Carolinas is my LHS. I also have an inside line on the future of Carolinas RC, and I can't divulge any information other than to say the future is VERY bright for them. They are a great group of guys up there. They are personally very concerned about customer satisfaction not just because it affects the business, but because they genuinely care. There are BIG things coming for and from them in the near future which will benefit everyone, so hang in there. It won't be much longer now. I know they all appreciate your loyalty.
Joey I have used Carolinas in the past and been very happy with the service and that was overseas to the UK, however for a little while now i have not ordered on account of most parts are not shown in stock so i have used other sources, i would be happy to use carolinas again as tbh they were very reliable in the MBX5 days for Mugen spares when other places were not so heavily if at all stocked, Im sure they are customer focused etc but that wont replace broken parts and its a big gamble to order when showing out of stock, you say you cannot divulge info but that is what customers want to hear, a little bit goes a long way, I started reading this thread http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...olinas-rc.html when it first appeared in August and it all read really good with big things to come looks like no change at the moment.

Hope Carolinas get it sorted soon

Cheers for now
Old 11-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Initiate

I ordered some JConcepts Carvers for my GT2 tuesday around noon, received them just now (thursday) in southern california. Super fast shipping, and yes I did go for the cheap-o shipping too! I am really impressed, will buy from them again!
Old 11-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Placed an order on Tuesday with Amain and it didn't ship until today (Thursday). I find it amusing that they ask if you want expedited shipping for an extra 3.99..WTF? Of course I want expedited shipping...That's why I buy parts online in the first place!! Why should I have to pay for it? I won't be ordering again from them anytime soon. Back to the local hobby shop for me...And I buy alot of parts between my kid and I. I used to spend $100 a week with Carolina's up until they stopped carrying anything of use to me.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Prophet

yea a main is kind of slow on 2-3 day shipping i ordered my on tuesday during the afternoon and they dint ship it out intil late yesterday, as for me i dont have a local hobby store anymore figures so i have no choice but order online
yea there are stores in nj but thats only really if i abusbly need it right away
carolina rc is the best at shipping and prices thats for sure
Old 11-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Adept

I hear ya...I mean if I have to wait two days for it to ship, might as well just order from Carolina's and have it drop shipped from Horizon or whoever..Bet I'd have it faster than ordering from Amain unless I paid 3.99 extra. What a joke
Old 11-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Tech Prophet

have u ever tried gshobby.com they are good on their shipping and there prices arent bad they carry alot of things also. u think thats bad order from towerhobbies and pay $8.00 for standard shipping
Old 11-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tc5 man
have u ever tried gshobby.com they are good on their shipping and there prices arent bad they carry alot of things also. u think thats bad order from towerhobbies and pay $8.00 for standard shipping
Yea, been down that road too. I will give gshobby a look...
Old 11-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by tc5 man

what did u order from them
Old 11-19-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If people would support more local hobby shops then you would not have to wait on parts. Instead more and more hobby shops are closing.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Prophet

i did support my local lhs and usally brought stuff there but what happen was that the owner stopped getting parts in and was always out of stock and by the time i got my stuff it took a whole week to get it in thats the main reason why my closed down .
Old 11-19-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Prophet

and bad mangement
Old 11-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm hoping that Carolina will get back on track, before about 6 months ago everything was great and most things I needed were in stock. One thing that I was very dissapointed about is that I had ordered the MBX6T Upgrade Towers and waited about 4 months with them on back order before I asked.

Got told 2 weeks, and left it 4 before asking for a refund. I then contacted Tony @ Tony's Screws and he had them from Mugen in 2 Days and shipped off to Australia in 4 days..........

I only buy stuff that's In-Stock now at Carolina, I'm still waiting one some gear but not in a hurry so will wait till the end of the month before chasing
Old 11-19-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

I havent purchased any items from carolinas. I was consdering to do it however the parts that I want (xray stuff) are on backorder. I dont like purchasing parts on backorder cause I might not get it regardless of what online shop I go to.

Yup the 3.99 expedited shipping from amain seems retarded. As the other guy posted, we shop online because we wants the parts fast. I shop at amain 90 percent of the time cause their items are always in stock and I do get them relatively fast be it in my house in Valencia CA. or here in manila. Then again fast is relative cause i live close by. I do shop too at stormer hobbies. My problem with stormer is their interface. Its too hard for me to navigate. But they are a good online shop too. Cheaper than amain.

Not all parts at amain are more expensive. Plus I think they more expensive by a dollar or two only which is not bad. What makes their parts more expensive is the CA sales tax of 7.5 %

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.