Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
1/8 buggy quick change? >

1/8 buggy quick change?

1/8 buggy quick change?

Old 11-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default 1/8 buggy quick change?

Does any one make or has there ever been a 1/8 scale quick change wheel design? I would really want something like that for my RC8. I know they make one for the RC10GT. I spend most of my time testing different tires during practice and it would save a lot of time. I would also think that during a 60 min long Buggy a-main you would have to change tires. Why do they have it on 1/10 scale trucks?

Last edited by b4maz; 11-05-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

That system is used on 1/8 On Road cars, but i really dont know any system like that, that works on a 1/8 Off Road
Old 11-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

I dont think they can handle the pressue and abuse - you will have wheels poppin off every where.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

They did it on 1/10 truck because they could and often times it was necessary to swap rear tires during an hour main.

Tebo's dad was the first to actually make the setup on a 10GT at some point; then AE finally did it.

It's not absolutely necessary to change tires on a 1/8 buggy during a 1hr main. Would it be beneficial? Sometimes on some tracks, yeah I'm sure it would be. But, if you'll notice a lot of large events have shortened the mains to 45 mins.

Also look at how the buggy wheels are designed currently. There is no retention lip. And the typical 1/8 onroad setup doesn't have much potential considering our offsets dont' provide and 'dish' to the wheel to create any protection. So the traditional "hammer" retention style really won't work with what is currently on the market and even if it did/could/would, the potential for getting hit/damaged is pretty high.