Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR banning New Truggy bodies!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Exclamation ROAR banning New Truggy bodies!

As most of you may heard Roar is in the process of banning the new trugy bodies styles from Losi, Jconcepts, and Pro-Line. I started this thread to bring all the other threads that are talking about this to one. So feel free to voice your opinion here and let your voice be heard.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think it is BS! I think the 8ight-t 2.0 body looks more like an actual truck than most of the other bodies out there.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Why are they banning them?
Old 11-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

So what body am I suppose to run on my 2.0 then?? If they ban them then they have to give us an alternative. I just can't see them banning the two top truggy mfg's losi and mugen. Is this a fact or just being talked about?
Old 11-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndrewClaycomb
Why are they banning them?
If im not mistaken they are banning them because they don't resemble a truck or something along those lines. I may be wrong, but im pretty sure that is what I heard.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

soundsl like a dumb rule to me....

losi, jconcepts, and proline all have bodies like this....

dumb rule
Old 11-04-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

is this in the offiical rules, or was this just something in the meeting notes?
Old 11-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This thread is a GREAT IDEA! Here's where it likely stemmed from:RC8T RC Tech Thread

I also think that it would be a bad decision for such a rule! They look more like real trucks than previous truggy bodies did. Besides, they should focus on keeping the playing field fair from a performance aspect, and, keeping the racers and manufacturers happy..afterall, that's who the rules are for! Let racers, and/or the market decide how to dress up their rides, not a small group of people.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Although I commend Losi, Jconcepts and Proline for outside of the box design, If indeed this is true I applaude ROAR for stepping up to the plate.

Truggies are a mess to look at in the first place. The introduction of these "aborted cab-overs" will ruin the long term survival for this class.

Many spectators and even sponsors outside of the industry who I have talked to do not comprehend the "Truggy". It's hard enough to explain what our "buggies" are.

It's similar to EP 4wd. They have become UFO's with wheels.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Fall 2009 Meeting Minutes

ROAR currently has stated that off road vehicle bodies are permitted in sanctioned racing without an approval from the body committee. ROAR would like to continue this policy as long as the bodies being used are not in direct misuse of the intent of the class of which it represents. In order to take this early time of the off road fuel truck development, ROAR requests all body makers to contact the ROAR President at [email protected] to establish a working group of MFG’s to establish a standard in ‘truggy’ bodies to avoid this class from becoming unrecognizable, much like what was
done years ago with the off road electric truck body development. ROAR does not want to be forced into approval policies for off road bodies as is done in on road and sincerely wishes for the body makers to take the next year to establish these guidelines. 2011 will reflect rules in off road bodies to avoid any further confusion of what a class appearance should be.
ACTION ITEM to President and Competition Director to reflect these changes in the 2010 ROAR rule book document. ACTION ITEM to President to receive contacts from interested body makers and form working group of body consultants.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Isn't ROAR supposed to be an organization of racers making rules for the racers? Will the ROAR members not have their voice on the body issue? I think these new bodies look more like some of the current trucks (toyota Tundra done up a little) than the old bodies.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
Although I commend Losi, Jconcepts and Proline for outside of the box design, If indeed this is true I applaude ROAR for stepping up to the plate.

Truggies are a mess to look at in the first place. The introduction of these "aborted cab-overs" will ruin the long term survival for this class.

Many spectators and even sponsors outside of the industry who I have talked to do not comprehend the "Truggy". It's hard enough to explain what our "buggies" are.

It's similar to EP 4wd. They have become UFO's with wheels.

Agreed!

If guys want some aero-advantage perhaps it time they switch to buggies, and if they want to run trucks to switch to MTs. But the lines have been blurred over time as the ruling organizations tried to keep the "hybrids" a part of the game. The "winged aerodynamic shoe box bodies," as I heard a non-racer call them at the track, have gotten a little out of hand.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

who gives a flip about how the bodies look? If you want scale racing, go get a slash.

The cars are designed to go around a track fast, whether realistic looking or not. I could careless how my car looks. I am surprised people still even try to make them look like there is a driver cab instead of just some super low profile shell.

ROAR has way too much time on their hands.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justanotherdude
Agreed!

If guys want some aero-advantage perhaps it time they switch to buggies, and if they want to run trucks to switch to MTs. But the lines have been blurred over time as the ruling organizations tried to keep the "hybrids" a part of the game. The "winged aerodynamic shoe box bodies," as I heard a non-racer call them at the track, have gotten a little out of hand.

..I'm not sure I understand you..are you trying to say to just drop the truggy class all together?? Or just the bodies?
Old 11-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justanotherdude
Agreed!

If guys want some aero-advantage perhaps it time they switch to buggies, and if they want to run trucks to switch to MTs. But the lines have been blurred over time as the ruling organizations tried to keep the "hybrids" a part of the game.
People are always going to be looking for something different. That's how things evolve. Otherwise we'd all be racing 2wd buggies still. Hell, RC cars wouldn't even be around.

These bodies should be a choice. What makes them illegal? They don't look like a real vehicle? And 1/8 scale buggies do? Touring cars do? Especially TC's have evolved into plastic shells that have more to do with aerodynamics than they do to scale appearance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.