R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Trinty 2 .24 full mod pre ran??????? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/340597-trinty-2-24-full-mod-pre-ran.html)

gr8pumpkin 10-31-2009 04:34 PM

Trinty 2 .24 full mod pre ran???????

so I just received in the mail my (well I was told) NEW IN THE BOX FullyModified TT2 .24 ExTech Truggy Engine 2.0 Pre ran. A pond inspecting it i noticed that there were no caps over the fuel inlet,exhaust port, and carb. Then saw that it had no plug in it or any carb inserts. From there I opened the slide and noticed that rust had started to form in the valley of the crank. So my questions are is this normal for a pre ran (the rust) and should it have come with more stuff?
If any body can help I would greatly appreciate the information!!!!!

THANKS A LOT Larry (the gr8pumkin)

imaxx21 10-31-2009 05:18 PM

where'd you buy it from?

gr8pumpkin 10-31-2009 05:48 PM

Off of Ebay and the receipt says Absolutehobbyz.com

imaxx21 10-31-2009 10:49 PM

sounds like someone opened it before you got it

awdcameolsx 11-01-2009 03:49 AM

Even the amainhobbies reviews say something about crap being in those engines when people buy them. I personally would pop off the head, back plate, and carb to flush it out with a little fuel to make sure it is clean. As far as the rust if its just surface rust all engines do that at some point after fuel has been run through them. I guess yours just sat for a while.

gr8pumpkin 11-01-2009 05:02 AM

So you think take it apart,clean it,inspect it, make sure it is only surface rust and it should be good to go? I will do that today and see if it looks worse then it really is.

Thanks!!!

DezSlash 11-01-2009 08:59 AM

I got my extech full mod from the lhs. I didn't have any plugs or covers. It didn't have any rust on it seeing that it was kept indoors in a shop not in a wharehouse.

gr8pumpkin 11-01-2009 08:06 PM

So I pulled my motor apart and the crank has rust on it and so dose the inner bearing race. To me it dose not look like a motor that has been pre ran. There are no signs of any wear or discoloration from heat. So should i just send it back if he will take it or replace the inner bearing then clean up the crank and treat it like it has never been ran for the break in?

Thanks for the information Larry

mblgjr 11-01-2009 09:46 PM

Did you buy this directly from Absolute Hobbyz?

Or did you purchase from an individual?

If you purchased from the shop; PM me and I'll send you in the right direction. If you bought from an individual...it sounds like it was opened/handled before you got it. Try contacting them to see if they still have the parts. If not, Ed @ EB mods or Trinity may still have the inserts/parts.

awdcameolsx 11-02-2009 03:51 AM

Personally what I would do is weight the options of what there is to do. If he is going to charge you restocking fees and shipping then add it up. If those 2 cost more then a new TKO ceramic shipped to you door might as well just change it to a nice ceramic. But if its only shipping cost to exchange it then that is probobly the best bet. Im just throwing out my opinion what I would do. All I know is I would not buy from the same guy again.

Chad Phillips 11-02-2009 09:43 AM

FYI... Absolute just sells the engines. It is not his fault this happened. So instead of flaming on something you might not know about or understand contact the manufacture about the product. Larry contact me at [email protected].

thanks

Chad

gr8pumpkin 11-02-2009 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Chad Phillips (Post 6553748)
FYI... Absolute just sells the engines. It is not his fault this happened. So instead of flaming on something you might not know about or understand contact the manufacture about the product. Larry contact me at [email protected].

thanks

Chad

OK Chad I never said that this was Absolutes fault did I? I thought this was a sight where I could get some useful information? The only reason why I am not flaming about this is cause I have heard nothing but good things about this motor despite The reviews I have read about the shipping of the it.I have been talking through Email with Absolute and they are being cool I am just as someone else said "weight the options of what there is to do" and trying to learn a little.

DezSlash 11-02-2009 06:15 PM

Does it have the dyno sheet in the box? Mine had that.

gr8pumpkin 11-02-2009 07:42 PM

No the only thing in the box was a paper stating that it has had 500cc of fuel threw it,how to finish the break in,how to set the carb,,and what pipes to use.

Frank L 11-02-2009 08:34 PM

The last 2 os speed engines I puchased did not have the fuel line, card or exaust ports covered. There were plugs included in the box but they were not installed. The carb inserts did not even have the prints installed on them. I think companies are cutting costs and saving a few steps. Makes me wonder if all the engines are made in the same plant.