Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Greasing cv's

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 08:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Greasing cv's

I'm doing the first major tear down on the losi 8ight B 2.0, what is a good grease to use in the front and rear axle cv's or should i leave them dry?
Old 10-27-2009, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Kal-Gard Dry Chain lube
Old 10-27-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by David Wall
Kal-Gard Dry Chain lube
lol how'd I know you would say that....I should have bought some when i was at the shoot out....lol
Old 10-27-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mudboger07
lol how'd I know you would say that....I should have bought some when i was at the shoot out....lol
I kept telling ya'll to go see him..lol
You can get it from the Speed Shop, he has a thread on here. He will ship it to you as he is a dealer for Kal Gard. Stuff ROCKS!!
Old 10-27-2009, 08:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by David Wall
I kept telling ya'll to go see him..lol
You can get it from the Speed Shop, he has a thread on here. He will ship it to you as he is a dealer for Kal Gard. Stuff ROCKS!!
I picked up some prep and shine but forgot to get the dry lube......
Old 10-27-2009, 11:04 AM
Tech Prophet

i use synenic grease that comes in the can and its red ,even if the gresse gets dirty inside the cv i still feels smooth
Old 10-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ya I messed up and didnt grease them, there a little loose so I'm going to go ahead and rebuild them....
Old 10-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Prophet

not a lot of grese though
Old 10-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Lord

Exposed greased CVD's WILL wear faster due to grit and crap getting stuck to the grease then working its way into the joint's.....if you want to use grease you need a CVD bootie to prevent the dirt from getting in there.....I also use Dry film graphite lube's for the last couple year's on the wheel bone's/outdrives but found the dry film to Not work very well on the center's with the CVD condoms on....this is where the Mugen Bones come in handy.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

LOL, our Clear Chain Coat works awesome. We are going to re-lable and put it in a different bottle so it will be easier to apply. It comes out thin and then thickens up and looks clear, once it tacks up it it not go anywhere, a little contact cleaner will remove it with ease. I love it!!!
Old 10-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Integra
Exposed greased CVD's WILL wear faster due to grit and crap getting stuck to the grease then working its way into the joint's.....if you want to use grease you need a CVD bootie to prevent the dirt from getting in there.....I also use Dry film graphite lube's for the last couple year's on the wheel bone's/outdrives but found the dry film to Not work very well on the center's with the CVD condoms on....this is where the Mugen Bones come in handy.
+1

If you grease your CVD's you need to clean them fairly often. Also run those mudflaps on the front of your arms. That keeps them alot cleaner especially the exhaust side.

The light weight wheel bearings tend to need replacement often these days so every time I pull those bearings I tear down the CVD's and lightly grease the barrel and pin with Lucas Syth Red Grease with Antiseize.

You don't want to over do it as grease can hold grit. But if grit is going to get in, well lubricated grit causes less damage then dry grit.

Also don't blast your greased CVDs with brakeclean or Nitroclean. It only pushes dirt in. If dirt builds up, just wipe it off, keep in mind that dirt can't enter a space allready occupied by grease, until you blast it.

Only clean CVD's by hand with disassembly.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:16 PM
Tech Prophet

yea i just put some mud flaps on after i regreesed the wheel axles,yea i use simple green and clean by hand man i like those mud flaps keeps most of that dirt off the suspension
Old 10-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I got most of all the kalgard stuff in stock...

We ran out of the filter oil but have the other goodies!

email me @ [email protected]

We will be shipping out wed afternoon!
Old 10-28-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

So just a light coat is ok to use, i understand about cleaning often so that wont be an issue, as i put the buggy back together I'll coat the cv's.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Tech Prophet

i do remmond mud flaps on your rear of your car if u cant find any u can make some out of some lexan and drill 2 holes to mount i will make the axles and suspension and bearings a lot cleaner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.