Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kysho DST truggy tuning problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Tech Adept

Default Kysho DST truggy tuning problems

I have a DST truggy which is 1 year old. I played with it for a while and then just left it for 6 months. but I decided to dust it off and drive it again but now it just wont stay running, I adjusted the high and low speed needle to factory settings and it runs for about 5-10 secs so I keep ajusting and still it cuts out, any ideas?
Old 10-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

was alll the fuel out of the motor and tank when you last used it ? If not you may need to clean out the motor, fuel can gum up the inside of the motor.

Other wise check out the tuning guide at the top of the forum . Do you have a new glow plug you can put in ?
Old 10-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Madbrad
was alll the fuel out of the motor and tank when you last used it ? If not you may need to clean out the motor, fuel can gum up the inside of the motor.

Other wise check out the tuning guide at the top of the forum . Do you have a new glow plug you can put in ?
il check thanks
Old 10-25-2009, 02:37 AM
Tech Adept

I dont think theres a leak. But i think its running too rich because when i open the throttle it instantly cuts out? any ideas
Old 10-25-2009, 08:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

The factory settings are usually a little on the rich side, so the engine might be choking on excess fuel.

Get the engine started and let it warm up a little bit if possible. After about a minute of warm up, pinch the fuel line. The engine will likely rev up quite a bit, and then stall. Note how long it takes for the engine to stall (in seconds). If it takes more than approximately 6 to 8 seconds to stall, the low-speed needle setting is too rich and needs to be leaned. Continue to lean the low-speed needle until the engine only runs for the aforementioned amount of time. While you're doing this, the engine idle speed is likely to climb, so be sure to adjust it down as needed.
It's best to perform this test after "cleaning out" the engine by revving it up. After the engine returns to idle, give it a seconds or two, then pinch the fuel line. If the setting is already very rich and the engine is allowed to idle for too long, there's going to be lots of fuel accumulated in the crankcase, which may cause the engine to run particularly long.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

ok thanks i got it running thanks to you but now it revs too high so I adjusted the idle speed and now it doesnt start and even if I adjust the idle screw back it still doesnt start even though ive primed it.