Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-T Nitro Truggy RTR >

Losi 1/10 TEN-T Nitro Truggy RTR

Like Tree1Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-T Nitro Truggy RTR

Old 10-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TD-Ent
Where is this exploded view you speak of. The best picture only shows the clutchbell which is a single gear design. In order for it to be a 2 speed, the center whatever it is has in it would need to be more of a transmission than anything.

It would almost need to be a 2 speed though. That thing is a tank for a 1/10 scale and how small it is.

They aren't saying much on the front and rear components either. Guess the driveline is a big secret.
losi.com/Products/Support.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0126

(I don't have enough posts to put the link up directly)

Looks like the front, rear, and center diffs are very similar to the 8ight... same driveline layout.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (99%+)

Originally Posted by VectoredThrust
losi.com/Products/Support.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0126

(I don't have enough posts to put the link up directly)

Looks like the front, rear, and center diffs are very similar to the 8ight... same driveline layout.
There we go, exploded view, nice.

Somebodies fat fingers got happy with the 2 in the description. Basic 1/8 scale design. Looks like it will have a special clutchbell though which is weird. Has the crappy 1/2 moon clutch in it too. Everybody loved those in the T-Maxx.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:34 AM
Tech Prophet

i do think they should of added a 3 shoe
Old 10-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow, I just looked at the parts explosion and all the parts look like exact scaled down replicas of the Losi 8ight. The parts explosion shows a traditional center diff. I agree with others, why is it not Brushless. This thing would rip on 3S with a Medusa 50mm or a Neu 1509 motor sized motor.

What's funny to me is that I've been working on a shortened chassis for my 8Be to make it 1/10 truggy sized. It would still be about 7.5 lbs and run on 4S.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Prophet

why dint make it nitro its cause nitro rocks thats why,if i would get it and raced it i would keep it nitro, it should defiely be just as tuff as the eight
it does have the same drivetrain, hopelly the slop isnt included lol
Old 10-23-2009, 11:13 AM
Tech Prophet

why did they make it nitro and not brushless cause nitro rocks i meant
Old 10-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Nitro is fun, the feel of the power with the sound is a unique experience, but, as soon as you see companies like Mugen and Xray turning out B/L 1/8 scale, the nitro world will be in decline. 2010, 2011, hard to say, but it'll happen.

Brushless and Lipo's are just an inevitable progression of technology. Nitro unfortunately will not survive. It's a shock to see this released as a nitro, especially with the xcelorin systems getting pushed so hard in 1/8 scale from them.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Some one montioned earlier on i thi sthread that it had a 2 speed when in fact it has a center diff just lik ethe 8s' do.

This thing is going to be sick!!

New videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odapytxezxk
Old 10-23-2009, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by losifiend
Some one montioned earlier on i thi sthread that it had a 2 speed when in fact it has a center diff just lik ethe 8s' do.

This thing is going to be sick!!

New videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odapytxezxk
Interesting video. Losi's site has a typo where it states 2 shoe clutch, 2 speed transmission.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

i cant wait, this truck is sweet, i'd make it brushless for indoor winter running on 1/10 scale tracks.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Tech Prophet

sorry to tell u i seen a couple of brushless 1/8 not impressed to quiet and really u dont need all that power and most of the ones who convert cant drive them. nitro will still be popular reguardless there will still be a class for them
Old 10-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TD-Ent
Nitro is fun, the feel of the power with the sound is a unique experience, but, as soon as you see companies like Mugen and Xray turning out B/L 1/8 scale, the nitro world will be in decline. 2010, 2011, hard to say, but it'll happen.

Brushless and Lipo's are just an inevitable progression of technology. Nitro unfortunately will not survive. It's a shock to see this released as a nitro, especially with the xcelorin systems getting pushed so hard in 1/8 scale from them.
your joking right? Nitro is going nowhere, as much as people want to think 1/8th brushless is the future its not. Yes 1/8th electric will gain popularity, but there are a tons of people that can tune, like running 45-60 minute mains, and like being able to be competative with a $750 total package
Old 10-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HaulinBass
your joking right? Nitro is going nowhere, as much as people want to think 1/8th brushless is the future its not. Yes 1/8th electric will gain popularity, but there are a tons of people that can tune, like running 45-60 minute mains, and like being able to be competative with a $750 total package

A BIG X2.

Brushless is cool n all...but Nitro Aint goin NO where.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 69 (99%+)

i want 1
Old 10-23-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Who's to say Losi will not have a brushless version later? Or a kit? Look what they did with the Speed T. First electric and later a nitro version. It's only been the last year or so that Lipo's have become affordable for some and a great alternative to Nitro. NiMh does not give you what a Lipo gives you in performance, that is for sure. Some setups work well with a NiMh, but compare that to a Nitro vehicle, and you loose.

Bind N Drive for them is new and when you look how this is packaged it takes full advantage of the DX3S remote. Why not package it that way as it's a way to get more of those remotes in everyones hands and makes this a great way to get more people interested in the hobby. I personally get tired taking the starter box here and there. For some of us that have gone out and bought one separately yes a bind and drive would be a small savings.

This industry is smoking hot right now and we are seeing more and more great things coming out from all companies and I see it getting even better. Just think of what could be next? I give these companies great credit for some of there innovations that they come up with.

This truck is smoking hot and it may not fit your bill but seeing the video of them starting it and bashing around on it, this thing looks like a blast. I'm trading in my Muggy for one of these and I both race and bash....
Now if we could get more indoor tracks in the midwest.

For those that have been racing if they race this one with the R.O.S.S. system if you crash and it stalls, well no DNF. You can start it from the stand. How sweet...

This has been a interesting bit of reading today.....

Kev

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.