R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Ebay O.S Engine speed II little help.. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/337176-ebay-o-s-engine-speed-ii-little-help.html)

didrace 10-19-2009 02:09 PM

Ebay O.S Engine speed II little help..

Hi guys i bought an engine form ebay. Cost me about 330 shipped.

It was saying that is the v-spec worlds speed II .

i received the engine today and it has some scraches on the cylinder head. They are minor scratches. In the box there were 2 restrictor the 8 mm and the 9mm. These restrictors come with the previous speed engines not with the new one. Also on the box it writes that the engine is the speed al. The manual says 21vzb v spec and 21 vzb v spec Al.

But the engine has the cylinder head with the holes.

I disassempled the engine and everything looked ok inside. The rear bearing had just a bit of rust at the edges and there was little play of the conrod with the crankshaft.

Now i dont know if the engine is the speed II

I dont know the differences between the previous engines and the new speed II

if i have to buy the 6 and 6.5 mm restrictors

and the history of this engiene.. I dont know if it is broken in or not..how many tanks etc..

quicklosi 10-19-2009 02:17 PM

the easiest way to tell is the world II will have the new generation style carb on it. take a look at the carb and find the idle screw if it is located on the top side of the carb (closer to the head) then you have the new style carb and most likely it is the worlds II. if it is under the carb closer to the flywheel you most likely got the original speed

Frank L 10-19-2009 02:29 PM

Theres actually not that much difference between the original speed, AL version and WC II version. the head, carb and restrictors included. The crank, p/s/r are identical. Replace the bearings and run it. Man I love these speed engines I think I have a speed addiction issue :ha: I was at a local club race yesterday and another racer came up to me telling me how fast my buggy and truggy were. He was about to ask me what I was doing different when I got a closer look at the engine and he stopped and said "Ohh that explains it" Theres just no substitute for speed power. :cool:

didrace 10-19-2009 02:52 PM

no the idle screw is behind, near the cylinder head.

i checked the bearing and there is no play. it just has minor rust

do i have to have the other restrictors?

Frank L 10-19-2009 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by didrace (Post 6493604)
no the idle screw is behind, near the cylinder head.

i checked the bearing and there is no play. it just has minor rust

do i have to have the other restrictors?

No you dont need the smaller restrictors, but run time will suffer. Just run it and see how it runs. It sounds like you have the right engine he just gave you the incorrect restrictors. You can order a set or just run it and see what you think. Are the restrictors all red anodized?

Revooooooo 10-19-2009 04:56 PM

"Worlds Edition" is also inscribed on the sides of the motor where the engine mounts are. Very minor detail, but yes they are the same as the Speed I Al. I don't know your driving style, but you may want to buy a smaller restrictor. These motors are beasts. The best part of being in Japan is getting all the stuff they release for good prices.:nod:

rcmike 10-19-2009 07:26 PM

To see if a real speed II.

Or ,take plenty pics of motor and post them on this thread """":nod:

didrace 10-20-2009 04:29 AM

Yeap they are all red, but there is no inscribed Of Worlds edition on the crankcase. maybe he changed the the cylinder head of the al. I dont know i will try and post some pictures.

didrace 10-20-2009 04:30 AM

guys all of you that have the worlds engine they have the inscribed worlds edition on the crankcase?

hambone 10-20-2009 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by didrace (Post 6496449)
guys all of you that have the worlds engine they have the inscribed worlds edition on the crankcase?

Yes.

didrace 10-20-2009 06:31 AM

So basically the difference between the al and the worlds are the cylinder head that i have already, the restrictors and the inscribed. The inscribed is just for looks, the restrictors i will surely need them.

I cant find them anywere though.

the shop in the ebay replyied to me back and told me that the guy who sold it to them gave them a new buggy with the engine on. he lost his job and thats why he sold it. He also told them that the engine has only two tanks of 20% nitromethane.

The thing now is how truthfull they are i dont know!!

hambone 10-20-2009 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by didrace (Post 6496735)
So basically the difference between the al and the worlds are the cylinder head that i have already, the restrictors and the inscribed. The inscribed is just for looks, the restrictors i will surely need them.

I cant find them anywere though.

the shop in the ebay replyied to me back and told me that the guy who sold it to them gave them a new buggy with the engine on. he lost his job and thats why he sold it. He also told them that the engine has only two tanks of 20% nitromethane.

The thing now is how truthfull they are i dont know!!

Just use the 8mm restrictor. Trust me on this. Sometime i use a 9mm in truggy. Still goes over 10 min/tank. OS doesn't like a small restrictor like other brands do.

Frank L 10-20-2009 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by didrace (Post 6496449)

I have 4 wc II engines and they all say world champion on the side of th engine mount. Sounds like you might have a reg vspec case. iDK post some pics. Either way you own it now run it and see what happens.

didrace 10-20-2009 08:59 AM

pics

5 Attachment(s)
the pics

Frank L 10-20-2009 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by didrace (Post 6497283)
the pics

Man it sure looks like a speed. The case is not a WC II case but everything else looks right, the crank, carb, head. IDK. I would still run it and I bet you are very happy.