Starter box ?

Old 10-13-2009, 02:25 AM
Tech Adept

Default Starter box ?

I have a brand new motor never has been ran. I recived my starter box today and it is a universal 1/10 or 1/8 OFNA starter box I have a 1/8 scale buggy so im lineing every thing up and it want turn the motor after it reaches top of the pinch so I figure it was the starter box so I called my local hobby shop and they said that was a good box should start the motor that my pinch on my motor was tight and I need to take a heat gun and get it up to about 200F They said that when a motor is new like that the pinch is so tight that more then likely the starter box wont kick it over. Does this sound right.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:45 AM
Tech Master

Yes, that's right.

You could read The Break in Bible here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...eak-bible.html

Good luck
Old 10-13-2009, 02:45 AM
Tech Addict

Yes thats correct you do need to heat it to around 200 when its new.. then need to break it in properly ect.. I try to use a heatgun asmuch as possible aswell after break in.. So the motor, should last a little longer-Well the compression.. Thats right.. make sure when you heat it up-Crankcase and head-avoid carb!.. Do it slowly and move it around dont heat just 1 spot. And make sure your piston is at BDC-Bottom Dead Centre.. then make sure everything is fully chargerd and try to fire her up.. and get the break in done-if not done already.. and let it cool with piston at BDC aswell..
Old 10-13-2009, 04:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

If you use a lipo receiver pack try and keep some of that heat away from it. Mine just swelled up like a baloon afterward on my last break in. Needless to say thats a $40 2 run lipo.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:37 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by awdcameolsx
If you use a lipo receiver pack try and keep some of that heat away from it. Mine just swelled up like a baloon afterward on my last break in. Needless to say thats a $40 2 run lipo.
did you charge it prior to running.....ALL lipo's come with a 50-60% charge and require peaking before running.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I peaked and balanced. It may have been junk to begin with but the heat couldn't have helped.