Wiki Posts
Search

PICCO P7R EVO3 MURNAN MODIFIED

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default PICCO P7R EVO3 MURNAN MODIFIED

anyone using this engine if so what do you think? I have the evo2 was thinking of upgrading?
cheers
Old 10-13-2009, 12:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Can't speak for the Murnan mod part; but I'm running an Evo 3 in my X2 truggy. Has awesome torque and gets reasonable mileage running a JP3 pipe.

I think they're wonderful engines and have had 0-issues.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussies1129
anyone using this engine if so what do you think? I have the evo2 was thinking of upgrading?
cheers
I ran a MM Evo2 for about a year with NO problems. Had around 9 gallons of fuel then gave it to my boss to put on his practice buggy. This motor CAN NOT be compared to a stock Evo2. Smooth and increased fuel mileage with ALOT more top end and more bottom end than stock. Side by side same car, pipe, fuel, gearing, etc.....Totally 2 different animals (sound, power, fuel milage).

NOW, the Evo3 I have NOT had, but should only be better all the way around than the Evo2 I would guess.

You can contact Uriah Murnan with more questions about this motor. He can modify it to what YOU want out of it without sacrificing reliabilty or tunability.

His screen name is Grinder on RCTech.

Hope this helps.....

Keith Seay
Old 10-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

I have the evo 3 .21 in my buggy. i love it, just make sure you seal the motor if you dont already! It makes great power with the Dynamite .086 pipe and the Jp-4 pipe. I would only run picco plugs in it. Im running a standard button plate at the moment and i have almost two gallons on the plug im currently useing. Do not add head shims like what the book tells you to do, its shim for 30% as is. Once winter hits here in PA i will be sending my Evo 3 up to Neal at Clock Works awesome guy and does great work!!
Old 10-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

so how would you compare this engine with a os tuned .21, I saw one at my track and it was out of control, the good thing is the picco is $100 less than the os tuned.
cheers
Old 10-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussies1129
so how would you compare this engine with a os tuned .21, I saw one at my track and it was out of control, the good thing is the picco is $100 less than the os tuned.
cheers

I can't speak for the MM Picco EVO 3 as I have never run one myself... But I can definitely tell you that my own modified P7R EVO 3 will outperform a OS Speed pretty easily.. The Picco has a whole bunch more low end power and will still outrev it on the topside, the OS will get slightly better mileage tho..

here is a video of a modified JPX .21, the JPX is pretty much identical to the P7 engines..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5qi_ImnmgI
Old 10-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have to agree with Keith on the MM Evo 2. That thing was a missle that never missed a beat. Anything Uriah does is going to be awesome.

Currently Uriah is offering a few additional motors that are MONSTERS!!

First off I am running his MM RB B9 and the thing is SICK!!! I have to run a 6mm restrictor with 25% fuel and it is more than a handful on a high speed blue groove track.

Next Uriah is offering the Novarossi 21bf modded to the max for $250. Now this little motor will rip the wheels off of your car.

Either way you will love it! Pm hiim and talk to him and he will definitely get you situated. Tell him Keith and Marcus sent you.