Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pivoting the buggy

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Loose setup; slight rear brake bias; smooth throttle.

Red clay can show a groove like that and as moisture rises, the top will actually go really slick/greasy almost; which it appears to be that way. The clay in the vid. appears to be nice and damp, which aids in driving the car the way he does here.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:01 AM
Tech Prophet

ethier he has abs brakes or just going half throttle and steering a little and the track looks grippy i dont think u can do that when its dry and hard packed inless u have a smooth clutch setup
Old 10-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Only other note is that the JC Crosshairs on a truggy will let it float like that pretty easily.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Tech Addict

Look in his pit bag hes usually got 6 cans of tag body spray, I can get my car to behave just like that, just not consistently.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Initiate

I am having a difficult time seeing any car in that vid, but their is a nice looking young woman.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:33 PM
wfo
Tech Regular

Location: SO. CAL. Thunder alley, revelation raceway The Dirt -Perris RIP OCRC
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Most pros run alot of rear brake it helps the car rotate quicker but takes skill.. If you can master it you will be faster.. most people run 50/50 or 40/60 with this your car will be a little more stable but is usually slower... lutz is the king of rear bias its like 25/75...
Old 10-13-2009, 11:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

A huge part of it is tires and foams as well. I know Ryan loves to run the CrowBow setup with the new Profiled foams. The Crowbar in the front has amazing on power steering. This tire gives great on and off power steering but allows you to put the car wherever you want with a little throttle.

Then on the rear we usually run the Crossbows. The crossbows provide amazing forward bite but allows the car to rotate crazy hard. However, as soon as you lay throttle to the car it snaps straight and you are good to go. Look how well his car straightens up when on throttle.

Definitely take the tires into consideration.

Marcus
Old 10-14-2009, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mblgjr
Loose setup; slight rear brake bias; smooth throttle.
not sure about the rear brake bias helping that much... let's say that if he uses brakes as much as people seem to think here, they sure are biased to the rear to produce that effect.

I'm more enclined to think this is more like: VERY loose setup, ET-like throttle control... not that much use of the brakes.

As mentionned above by someone else, a lot of us can drive like this... for for 5 corners, then we clip the pipes whereas this guy can do it for 30mn in a row

awesome to watch. The guy doing his thing with the SC8 ain't bad either considering how this thing handles

Paul
Old 10-14-2009, 01:47 AM
Tech Addict

do they look like regular width truck tyres to you ??
Old 10-14-2009, 02:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Black
A huge part of it is tires and foams as well. I know Ryan loves to run the CrowBow setup with the new Profiled foams. The Crowbar in the front has amazing on power steering. This tire gives great on and off power steering but allows you to put the car wherever you want with a little throttle.

Then on the rear we usually run the Crossbows. The crossbows provide amazing forward bite but allows the car to rotate crazy hard. However, as soon as you lay throttle to the car it snaps straight and you are good to go. Look how well his car straightens up when on throttle.

Marcus
90% i run this tire combo for a reason i drive hard and when your pushing to the edge of almost out control a set tires that hook and shot you stright are a god send but you still need enought steering to cork screw into the ground if you want it
Old 10-14-2009, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jboehm
I am having a difficult time seeing any car in that vid, but their is a nice looking young woman.
Huh? I'm confused.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
Huh? I'm confused.
Pretty JConcepts girl half way through the video.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
Huh? I'm confused.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Black

Marcus
I read a lot about this tire setup last year but don't hear anybody talking about it anymore. Those two tires look more similar to each other than I expected but see a couple of small differences that I think effect sideways traction and forward traction. Does anybody know what the equivalent AKA setup would be? I was wanting to finally try AKA next season due to all of the hype. Also, if you do this Crowbar/Crossbow setup do most people go with the same compound front/rear?
Old 10-14-2009, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by petevette
Pretty JConcepts girl half way through the video.
Ohhh! I didn't watch the whole video so I missed the girl. I'll have to look at it again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.