Wiki Posts
Search

What Air Filter Oil?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default What Air Filter Oil?

Ok I have been using the same can of K&N AirFilter oil for many years. I am thinking I would like to try somthing with a little more tack.

So let me know what you use? I like to run the inner filter with the filter oil and the outer filter dry to let as much durt bounce as possable.

Thanks for your inputs.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by janderson78
Ok I have been using the same can of K&N AirFilter oil for many years. I am thinking I would like to try somthing with a little more tack.

So let me know what you use? I like to run the inner filter with the filter oil and the outer filter dry to let as much durt bounce as possable.

Thanks for your inputs.
Dude K&N filter oil is designed for paper filters like K&N, so im glad to hear your switching.. On another note I sell HI TACK AF Oil on my site, I'm also about to release a full line of Pre-Oiled Air Filters later this month..
Old 10-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Addict

RB- Is supper tacky.. sooo thick.. some dilute it slighly as its soo thick.. and nightmare to try to get of your hand ect.. but works great
Old 10-11-2009, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Maxima air filer oil.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Actually K&N filter oil works very well. Though it takes more maintenance as you do not want to let the element get too dirty with K&N.

Currently we've been using and recommending RC Pro's Oil and filters.

http://shop.rcproproducts.com/produc...3&categoryId=3

http://shop.rcproproducts.com/produc...1&categoryId=3

We run our filters with oiled inner and dry outter as well unless the track is really dusty or silty.

Be carefull of non-r/c filter oils as they can be ingested by the engine and cause everything from tuning issues to blown glow plugs and even premature engine failure.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

My fav is the kyosho (blue) filter oil. I have tried Mugen and its very weird like water till it hits the air, the new kyosho (green) filter oil is the same as the mugen, like water until you put it on the filter. I still prefeer the kyosho (blue) stuff. I know that coldfusionfuel.com has filter oil that I havent tried yet but people seem to like it.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

If a KX450F doesn't suck the filter dry a little motor won't either.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I use PJ-1 foam filter oil... This stuff works really good.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Regular

The best I've found is Coldfusion for sure.PJ1 is also very good.... Truth be know most rc specific filter oil is just repackaged moto filter oil.....Go with the Coldfusion.It's the best.Bar none.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jpalessi
Dude K&N filter oil is designed for paper filters like K&N, so im glad to hear your switching.. On another note I sell HI TACK AF Oil on my site, I'm also about to release a full line of Pre-Oiled Air Filters later this month..
Like I said I have been using K&N for years. The same can to be exact. The only reason I am switching is I can not get it sent to an APO address. Now with that said please make sure you know what you are talking about before bashing a product. I beleve too many people get on these threads and start flaming a product when #1 they never used it or #2 they Fed Up and blame it on the Product I.E. the Novarossi thread on these very forums.

I can say this because I have used it for YEARS!!!!! It does not suck. I have never had an engine go less the 6 gallons on a P/S and rod. That is with normal maintnance i.e. Cleaning/Changing airfilter when needed. Also cleaning the motor and using proper after run oil.

Guy thanks for all the inputs. Alot of people in Europe are using 1 quart containers and they say Motor Cycle Air Filter Oil. It is red in color and very thick. It is also so tacky that when you have multi filters in a bag and take one out it looks like you are pulling apart somthing with gum in the middle. I am thinking of using some of this but I am scared it may limit air flow because it is too thick. Any more thought???
Old 10-11-2009, 11:33 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Dude K&N filters are not Paper i run them on my Motor Cycle my Race Car and my Truck.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by janderson78
Like I said I have been using K&N for years. The same can to be exact. The only reason I am switching is I can not get it sent to an APO address. Now with that said please make sure you know what you are talking about before bashing a product. I beleve too many people get on these threads and start flaming a product when #1 they never used it or #2 they Fed Up and blame it on the Product I.E. the Novarossi thread on these very forums.

I can say this because I have used it for YEARS!!!!! It does not suck. I have never had an engine go less the 6 gallons on a P/S and rod. That is with normal maintnance i.e. Cleaning/Changing airfilter when needed. Also cleaning the motor and using proper after run oil.

Guy thanks for all the inputs. Alot of people in Europe are using 1 quart containers and they say Motor Cycle Air Filter Oil. It is red in color and very thick. It is also so tacky that when you have multi filters in a bag and take one out it looks like you are pulling apart somthing with gum in the middle. I am thinking of using some of this but I am scared it may limit air flow because it is too thick. Any more thought???
K&N Air Filter Oil is the only oil specially formulated to work in combination with the cotton fabric in K&N
http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=99-0504

I've done more R&D on Air Filters & Oil than you could possibly imagine..
Old 10-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thenova70ss
Dude K&N filters are not Paper i run them on my Motor Cycle my Race Car and my Truck.
likewise!
and yes they are paper cotton..
Old 10-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

K&N Air Filter Oil is the only oil specially formulated to work in combination with the cotton fabric in K&N
http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=99-0504

I've done more R&D on Air Filters & Oil than you could possibly imagine..
Like the Gent before me said. K&N is made for Fabric not Paper like in you first post. Thanks for discounting yourself
Old 10-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

likewise!
and yes they are paper cotton..
Last time I checked Paper was made from trees. Partchment sp? is made from animal hide. JUST MESSING WITH YA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.