Wiki Posts
Search

Car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 01:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Questions?? Car wont start

Hey all my car is extremely out of tune. it wont start and the glow plugs arent lasting long at all. thier is a fair bit of fuel running out of the exhaust when trying to start. does anyone have any tips on where i should start the low, high point needles and where the idle should be. The engine is a powers engine .27 out of a nanda raptor.

cheers
Old 10-07-2009, 02:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

idk the engine but if raw fuel is coming out, it wont start and glow plugs are going out its way to rich. lean the bottom out like a half a turn if not more
Old 10-07-2009, 04:20 AM
Tech Regular

Default eliminate the obvious

I always tell my son that. Get a fresh start so you are not chasing your tail. Get a new glow plug , actually test it to see that it works good and that your igniter is working, Make sure your fuel is good (not too old or saturated with water and make sure it is the right percentage). Find out what the factory initial settings are supposed to be for your car. If the engine is pretty new I would use the initial settings. it will be a little rich but its better that being lean. I would verify that your fuel lines are in good shape and that your tank is sealing properly and the there is no restriction in the flow of fuel and no air bubbles in the lines. Make sure the throttle slide is operating smoothly from about 1 mm from full closed (correct idle setting) to full open. (when at full open you should be able to pull your slide just about .030 farther. you don't want 100% WOT on the carb from the throttle servo or it wont have any engine flex room). Your starter box is spinning fast enough and make sure your clutch is spinning freely and not dragging when you spin up the engine. once you have verified that everything else is working, is the engine itself still turning over with a fair amount of pinch and is the exhaust secure with good seals?
There are a lot of things that can keep you from starting and running properly. If you get a good basline then you can properly diagnose the issue.