Wiki Posts
Search

RC pro series final Texas?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
I ran it last year, I wasn't a fan of the race surface then either. but that dirt is meant for rodeo riding, and the owner of the Diamond arena wouldn't even think about changing the dirt. Like I said last year, the dirt is great for 8 second runs only, not 5 days worth of Rc racing.

I had a great run of it even with the surface last year, If you manage to tackel that surface, YOU CAN RUN ANYWHERE! I ran hole shots, and was able to run the whole week with 1 set, that's one of the good things about that track, especially because I'm a cheap skate.

Doug, If I were there, I would have liked to shake your hand, I mean your good hand!LOL
Which holeshots did you run? Compound?
Old 11-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PUDDIN
Yea that was crap. They where calling him the sandbagger all weekend. They forget he is only a 13 year old kid I am glad they stopped because he said it was bothering him.
Denver is a great kid, and he can wheel. He's talking about moving to open, and I tried to discourage him from doing that... he's a legitimate sportsman driver, he just happens to have talent. If he goes to open he's going to be running in the back of the pack, and might get discouraged.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Domit - i have to respectfully disagree with your statement about Denver, but i do agree there will be someone discouraged, some of his fellow racers. i have knownDenver from the time he could not keep it between the pipes, less than two years ago, he has come very far since then. it is time for him to move up and keep on progressing as a racer. when he gets some bigger races under his belt and as he and his father keep learning more, this kid will only get faster. i think it would be wise move for one of the larger teams to pick Denver up and help bring him along, he is a great kid with a great attitude and most of all, he will be FAST!!!

jlo
Old 11-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlo8864
Domit - i have to respectfully disagree with your statement about Denver, but i do agree there will be someone discouraged, some of his fellow racers. i have knownDenver from the time he could not keep it between the pipes, less than two years ago, he has come very far since then. it is time for him to move up and keep on progressing as a racer. when he gets some bigger races under his belt and as he and his father keep learning more, this kid will only get faster. i think it would be wise move for one of the larger teams to pick Denver up and help bring him along, he is a great kid with a great attitude and most of all, he will be FAST!!!

jlo
I met him (and got my butt kicked by him) at the RC Pro race in Flowood, MS. He is super fast and I don't think he would have any issue in the open class, but that is based on just one race. I don't know if he's got a sponsor or not (they had alot of XRay paraphernalia) but he should be soon. He is a super kid and a great racer. XRay or any team would be lucky to have him.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jared52
I met him (and got my butt kicked by him) at the RC Pro race in Flowood, MS. He is super fast and I don't think he would have any issue in the open class, but that is based on just one race. I don't know if he's got a sponsor or not (they had alot of XRay paraphernalia) but he should be soon. He is a super kid and a great racer. XRay or any team would be lucky to have him.
he is a good kid and his dad was real nice over in flowood denver and i talked some at the race ..i remember him asking me what type of tires i was running in the second round when i beat him out for the tq slot ..i told him run these tires if ya got em ..he did and he beat me by 2 laps in the main event
Old 11-09-2009, 01:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by janderson78
Maybe after 3 years of crappy track they will change the dirt or location. I raced it last year and it was the same thing. It also did not help the Patrick Castleberry was riding his mini dirtbike on the track. Check the video on youtube

LOL
The track was back to what everyone asked for (just like 2007). Yes it blows out because it's rodeo arena/MX dirt but atleast this year it wasn't slick and hard packed like last year. There was always moisture and traction. The track did get reworked every night and not left to blow out the entire week. The arena isn't going to change the dirt just for us we only have one show in their year long schedule. If I could find a place to do it that is equal in price I would be happy to move it around the country but so far all the arenas that have been suggested are twice the price and I already went through that in 2006. We could go back outdoors to a permanent track but after 4 years of not worrying about the weather that's a hard decision to make. I like the weather not being a factor.
No it's not the blue groove hard packed track everyone has gotten used to. It's the offroad MX style OFFROAD we all started with years ago. It's also the most neutral surface we could have for a race like this it shows who can adapt best which is what the National Champion should be able to do.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The funny thing about Denver is so many people call him sandbagger and yet he was not even in the top 3 for the national points and did not win his division. What does that make everybody else?
Old 11-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RC Pro 1
The track was back to what everyone asked for (just like 2007). Yes it blows out because it's rodeo arena/MX dirt but atleast this year it wasn't slick and hard packed like last year. There was always moisture and traction. The track did get reworked every night and not left to blow out the entire week. The arena isn't going to change the dirt just for us we only have one show in their year long schedule. If I could find a place to do it that is equal in price I would be happy to move it around the country but so far all the arenas that have been suggested are twice the price and I already went through that in 2006. We could go back outdoors to a permanent track but after 4 years of not worrying about the weather that's a hard decision to make. I like the weather not being a factor.
No it's not the blue groove hard packed track everyone has gotten used to. It's the offroad MX style OFFROAD we all started with years ago. It's also the most neutral surface we could have for a race like this it shows who can adapt best which is what the National Champion should be able to do.

+ one. I have build allot of tracks and this dirt is hard to figure out. We did the best to keep it from blowing out and keep up on it, as I always say it is what it is and yes it is off road! This was the first time this year for me working with this dirt and next year I will have a better idea on what to do to work the dirt in better. If we don't water the track it will be like a dance floor with no traction and that will be even worse. I what to thank all the guys that came out and helped with track maintenance and you know who you are I am bad with remembering names but one THANKS AGAIN could not of done it as fast as we did every night with out you.I think most of the racers like the lay out and it seemed to flow real well other then the roughness. See you all in 2010.

DUDE~
Old 11-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Any chance you could rent a roller or maybe a packer? I know, money spent...lol. Just a thought

Anyway, off that subject and on with some pics

Mooooooogen action. Other manufacturers coming soon....

Old 11-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Originally Posted by PUDDIN
The funny thing about Denver is so many people call him sandbagger and yet he was not even in the top 3 for the national points and did not win his division. What does that make everybody else?
Like I said, Denver's a nice kid and they need to cut him some slack. I'm sure MOST of the folks are saying it in fun, more as a compliment/joke than really thinking he's a "true sandbagger." But... he's a kid, and probably doesn't understand that.

Now I call Sean Smith, Scott Stanley, and Shawn Taylor sandbagger all the time... in fun. Yes, I know they're moving up... and I don't care, I'm just as happy with them running in my class... and they know it.

Denver IS fast enough to run open class... but he isn't going to just absolutely dominate it. In a way I'd like to see him go to open so he doesn't have to deal with all the hacks... but at the same time, I don't want him to feel bad if he doesn't win as much. If he moves up because he wants to run with the faster guys (and that's what he told me) then great... I hope he kicks everyone's butt in open class too. If he's moving up because people have been harassing him... well... that's just not right. He's a kid. He's a VERY, VERY FAST kid... but he has a kid's outlook on stuff. (Not saying he isn't pretty mature for his age and a very nice young gentleman... because he is.) Kids take stuff like "name calling" a little harder than us supposed adults.

It should be his choice, without any pressure from anyone.

And the guy who said (a few posts back) that someone needs to pick him up is spot on. THEN he would be required to move up of course... but as it stands, there is no reason that he HAS to do so- except for folks calling him "sandbagger" of course. (And I hope RC America picks him up... he's comfortable with XRay and likes the stuff... ) No, he isn't sponsored.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aaron joy
Which holeshots did you run? Compound?
I think they were M2's
Old 11-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Denver Houghton

I'd like to thank all of ya'll for all the nice comments about Denver. It is very much apperciated.

Denvers Dad
(Philip)
Old 11-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by NitroOB4You
Any chance you could rent a roller or maybe a packer? I know, money spent...lol. Just a thought

Anyway, off that subject and on with some pics

Mooooooogen action. Other manufacturers coming soon....

We used a roller last year and the track was hard packed and slick. With the amount of water we used this year and not using the overhead fans it might not have done that again if we had rolled it but like Dude said it's a learning process with this dirt and we learn something new every year. If I worked with it weekly there wouldn't be a reason but since we only get one day a year to build it then try to maintain it as good as we can for 70-80,000 laps during the week it takes longer to figure out.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Stop posting on here and get the national standings done slacker.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jnfweld
Stop posting on here and get the national standings done slacker.
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.