Wiki Posts
Search

Kicking turn marshalls...

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default Kicking turn marshalls...

Ok...stink happens. We all get turtled. And indeed, we need marshalls and I am greatful when an attentive person helps me out, please don't get me wrong here. My question is, how do you all feel when a marshall "gently kicks" or uses his/her feet to marshall. For me, personally, it is an extreme pet peeve. It me to the point I was yelling a bit yesterday at one guy. I doubt he heard me , and either way, nothing happened. But some of the pit help looked up at me like I was an idiot...lol. So what's you're opinion?

PS- I would most appreciate those that I race with to post as well.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

dude, I'm right there with you. It drives me crazy to see guys marshall a car by trying to use their feet. It just comes down to "Do unto others..." If they were upside down they wouldn't expect someone to kick their car around. Just make the little extra effort and do it right, the first time.

What I really hate is when they use their feet to do the 180 flip and end up getting the 360 flip, and end up having to do it again.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Seems really lazy. The general rule is to marshal the way you would like to be marshaled. If it's during open practice, then whatever. During a race... bend over and pick the damn thing up.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroOB4You
Ok...stink happens. We all get turtled. And indeed, we need marshalls and I am greatful when an attentive person helps me out, please don't get me wrong here. My question is, how do you all feel when a marshall "gently kicks" or uses his/her feet to marshall. For me, personally, it is an extreme pet peeve. It me to the point I was yelling a bit yesterday at one guy. I doubt he heard me , and either way, nothing happened. But some of the pit help looked up at me like I was an idiot...lol. So what's you're opinion?

PS- I would most appreciate those that I race with to post as well.
Safety never takes a break!

I would rather use my shoe than use my hands and lose a finger. Don't be pissed about it, now if they kick it over and it roles over twice still landing upside down. Then you can get pissed.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

I do that a lot during practice but you should never use your foot during a race. Unless maybe during a pile up and you are trying to turn as many as possible in the least amount of time.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

its allright in practice, during a race its not cool, especially if you end up back on your lid after they kick it
Old 10-05-2009, 08:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

I dont care if feet or hands are used just get my truck over! I do way more thrashing driving and crashing then a foot flop. get over it
Old 10-05-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

It is disrespectfull. One racer at my local club does it very slowly. I know i am the one that crashed but it has ended more than one of my races bue to flameouts. Once a marshall is near my car i hold the brake on for safty. when his sar is upsidedown it is wfo.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Default I wear gloves

I have some mechanics gloves that I wear to protect my hands. I hustle as fast and as safely as I can because I hope the same will be done for me. After I marshalled for the ROAR region 11 championship, I got quite a few thank you's and compliments on my speedy marshalling. I never kick a car over. I do believe that it iws lazy and unprofessional.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Hands or feet...same thing here!!
a 360 can and will happen even if using hands only!!

As for using the feet...it's a dirty, toxic, dangerous car where some drivers keep it WOT until you flip them back on their wheels....feet don't hurt!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 08:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

im OK with it during practice and maby the first round of qual but after that do it right. I don't mind if its some little kid using his foot because he is scared of it I guess. But then again the only mashaling that really ticks me off is some fat old guy who sends his 5 year out to marshal for him. There is no reason for someone who could be easily hurt buy a 1/8 scale to be out there.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

I have been to alot of races. I will say this I will NEVER kick anyones sh!t period. I dont care if its racing or practicing. To the guy that dont want to lose a finger - c'mon, seriously. When I marshal I will do my best to flip your car over as fast as I can - Im not a pro athelete, I WILL NOT TOUCH IT IF YOUR ARE REV'IN. Dont care what you say or how you act on the drivers stand. I will bust my ass for every car on the track -

And all of you that are scared to marshal and use you hands like you SUPPOSE to - I would love to see you marshall a PRO or INVITE race and kick Tebo, Drake or Mayfield sh!t over........... I will have my popcarn ready.

You dont kick a $1000 car. Trust me, if that happens to you, you will be pissed.

Last edited by token; 10-05-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

I don't mind it, as long as they don't kick too hard!

My pet peeves are having too many marshals on the track so that there is no penalty for crashing. It should take a few seconds off your lap time when you crash. If there's 100 marshals then everyone can drive crazy and it looks bad. Clean racing looks better than the Momo airshow.

Another peeve is nitro racers that don't know to hit the brakes as the marshal grabs your car. I don't like picking up demented skynet controlled chainsaws either.

Andother thing,, wait till the car is on all fours until you give it throttle after being marshalled, and ease into it. I hate it when a flip a car just to have it rev before it hits the ground and then wheelies and spins like mad only to end up on its lid again.

If you crash a second time 10 feet from where I first marshalled ya, yup, I'm taking my good old time.

As far as slow marshals, some are slower than others. Some are sore from work, or have allready twisted their ankle marshalling a previous heat. We are all on the same track with the same slow marshal so its all fair.

I hate it when a driver flips and expects me to run out into traffic to flip him back over. Yell and scream all you want but I'm not going to step in the way of another car causing them to wreck and ruin their race. Its not their fault you crashed. I'll patiently wait till the group of high speed blunt force head trama passes before stepping on the track. Ever seen a flying truggy hit someone in the head, I have, it ruined thier day.

(not directed at anyone in particular, just pointing out my peeves.)

Take it easy on the marshals, if you get flipped more than a few times your race is over anyway.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I use gloves when I marshal, but Sometimes though it is easier to just kick a car over gently. The biggest problem though is the idiot drivers who won't get off the throttle so you can pick the car up which is why people like to use their feet.

What annoys me more than anything though is slow marshals or guys who aren't really paying attention. Running out into on coming traffic or the guys who simply have no hustle. I learned early on, never crash near the fat kid. It might be next week before you get flipped.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes, low post count, but take what I say with a grain of salt

When I am at the local track, trying to learn how to keep my 8 rubber side down, I flip a lot - bad driver, so it is to be expected. I don't care if a marshal uses his foot to flip it over if I don't have the foresight to hit the brakes and stop the wheels from spinning. If the tires are stopped, I would prefer to have them handle it, but even then, a nudge over with their foot is not a big deal to me. AGAIN - that is coming from a relative newbie, so take it with a grain of salt.

Now, when the roles are reversed, and I am out there taking my turn, I will usually use my foot if the wheels are still spinning - we have a lot of loose debris from time to time and I don't want my face that close to the car's spinning wheels if the driver hasn't hit the brakes. Do me a favor - hit the brakes, and I will be happy to use my hands - I know that you need to keep the engine going - but its just a safety thing! Not to mention hot chassis, etc.

This thread does give me some good ideas - like a pair of work gloves in the R/C case - I have spent $$$$$$$$$$$ on parts, tools, etc for my setup, it is not unreasonable to spend $ to save someone else's - and a cheap pair of safety glasses or sun-glasses at the very least.... That was an awesome idea Elkman...

Bob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.