Kicking turn marshalls...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kicking turn marshalls...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Tech Champion

My RC8 loved to fling out its right rear hingepin and the arm would fall off during a race but since I was useing thick diff oil I was still able to get around the track slowly.

We called that "drag" racing.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
My RC8 loved to fling out its right rear hingepin and the arm would fall off during a race but since I was useing thick diff oil I was still able to get around the track slowly.

We called that "drag" racing.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by token
Its hard to say that when you spend THOUSANDS'SSSSS of dollars on TOYS, that is competitive. People buy trailers, travel the country...... for us its a SERIOUS HOBBY.... that is fun
Tell me what you got for being serious and these hobby...
That's a lot of money to invest,hope at the end of the race season you break
even on all of expenses againts you're winning..
After all these drama complaining about using my foot to turnover those TOY car
Old 10-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whiterice
Tell me what you got for being serious and these hobby...
That's a lot of money to invest,hope at the end of the race season you break
even on all of expenses againts you're winning..
After all these drama complaining about using my foot to turnover those TOY car
we are NOt in a business here, we are in a hooby, a racing one just like drag racing, sometimes you run for cash or run for metallic prizes but for the most part (for me 100%) it's the joy of doing it. You have to pay to play, if you want something to break even in money spend you are in the wrong hobby, try real estate.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Originally Posted by greenracing
we are NOt in a business here, we are in a hooby, a racing one just like drag racing, sometimes you run for cash or run for metallic prizes but for the most part (for me 100%) it's the joy of doing it. You have to pay to play, if you want something to break even in money spend you are in the wrong hobby, try real estate.
Haha, Good luck breaking even in real estate.

This is a hobby and like all hobbies, they cost money. People who can't understand the competitive side of the sport don't belong at a track. They should stay in the back yard and bash only.
I'm not saying if you don't race, stay away, but you HAVE to see the racer's viewpoints or you will make a hard time for yourself.

When I am at the track running my brushless Slash and I see a B4, RB5, etc flipo over I offer to use my truck to flip them back. Some accept and I do my best to not break their car, others refuse and go get it themselves.

I am lazy so I always want people to try and get me with their cars. It's all a preference and whoever is being flipped has the right to make the call on how it's done in my opinion.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:57 AM
Tech Addict

I didn't read all the posts, so I might be a little late on this comment. But, take the time to reach down and grab the car by the wing and nose and flip it over, and (because some ppl are stupid), face it in the right direction. Main reason I say this is I've seen on a couple occasions, a marshal try to flip a car with his shoe and plug the pipe, flaming it out. I know most ppl say "if you don't flip, you don't have to worry about it" but we all do it sometimes. It really sucks to lose a race cause a marshal was lazy and caused a flame out.