Wiki Posts
Search

////who broke what at the SIC///////

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 05:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABURTON
I can get ya fixed up, send it in to the shop.....

I have it in stock...
You've got email...
Old 10-06-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Alan, what's the address to send this motor. I'm too lazy to look back. lol
Old 10-06-2009, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

4217 Park Circle
Helena, AL 35080
Old 10-06-2009, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Jared. I had just realized this wasn't the Speed Shop forum.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks Jared,

and on the email....although at times I may seem busy or need to be asked twice I do this to help people. So even though at times I may have to make a run or do this or that don't worry about bothering me. Years ago I bothered guys to and ask thousands of questions.

My goal now is to be an accomplished racer in my mind, to have fun, and to help guys like you climb the ladder.

But just know..when I'm 45 I'll have over 3o years in it of hard racing...I'm gonna be haulin butt still

AB
Old 10-06-2009, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Jared,

and on the email....although at times I may seem busy or need to be asked twice I do this to help people. So even though at times I may have to make a run or do this or that don't worry about bothering me. Years ago I bothered guys to and ask thousands of questions.

My goal now is to be an accomplished racer in my mind, to have fun, and to help guys like you climb the ladder.

But just know..when I'm 45 I'll have over 3o years in it of hard racing...I'm gonna be haulin butt still

AB
Ha ha, at 45 I'm sure you'll be haulin' still!

Climb the ladder? I need someone to point me to where the ladder is!
Old 10-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by shady3031
His name is Brent Adkins he and his daughter Christina (Bossy) both race on our local scene. Last I heard he was out of the hospital and was home resting and doing well, said its been about 7 years since his last seizure.
Thank you to all that helped with this emergency and we hope he gets back to racing as brent is well liked and will be missed if he's not around.
Thats great to hear! Luckily I was only marshalling just a few feet away and was able to assist till paramedics got there. I'm not local to the area but I've seen brent at almost all the larger races I've attended up that way. A BIG KUDOS to everybody that responded so fast and for the quick actions.

As for the track.............I loved it!!!! Ya, I had 3 broken motors (all 3 were modded and all with broken mount tabs),2-K Factory clutch bells,1-M2C clutch set-up,1- fuel tank, and 1 ballend on my throttle linkage....But hell I had fun!!! You guys really put a lot of hard work into it and it showed. I look forward to it again next year....although I'm going to wrap my buggy in bubble wrap!!!!LOL
Freddy, holla' at me when you get some time
TNT Pro Hobbies
Old 10-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Jared,

AB
When's that? In like 3 months.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bgbelden
When's that? In like 3 months.
16 years
Old 10-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

"My goal now is to be an accomplished racer in my mind, to have fun, and to help guys like you climb the ladder".

Thats what I like to do now a days.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I had a great time at this year's SIC. The track was fast and held up well. My buggy lost all the engine mount screws in one heat, and broke a servo in another, but I wasn't landing the jumps all that well.

We (The Onion Patch Crew) had to leave early Saturday, and didn't get to stay for the mains, but we had a good time and are looking forward to next year.

Here are a few pics I took at the Friday practice:

http://picasaweb.google.com/philbone/SIC#

(Note: The OS engine with the "ventilated" block was a result of poor tuning, not the track)

Phil
Old 10-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by i_like_f150s
I had a great time at this year's SIC. The track was fast and held up well. My buggy lost all the engine mount screws in one heat, and broke a servo in another, but I wasn't landing the jumps all that well.

We (The Onion Patch Crew) had to leave early Saturday, and didn't get to stay for the mains, but we had a good time and are looking forward to next year.

Here are a few pics I took at the Friday practice:

http://picasaweb.google.com/philbone/SIC#

(Note: The OS engine with the "ventilated" block was a result of poor tuning, not the track)

Phil
Great photo's and you even got some of me (CEN shirt), but i would of rather saw pics of my car.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

All of the comments and posts are great and they help to make sure we get an even better facility next year. I dont want any of my comments to be taken as complaints but rather just my experience. My son and I are avid racers and this event was anticipated for months. Luckily, we only broke one Toro case and a front diff case. The rest of our issues were just bolts coming loose on motors and motor mounts causing us to DNF. However, there were many racers who lost much more. Yes, we can say its their fault for over jumping or casing a jump. But, as expensive as this hobby is along with a down economy cutting a lot of racers out of big events, we need to be mindful of this and try to have races that challenge the racer more than the equipment. This will keep more people racing longer (less part breaking) and not discourage new racers. We need more people to keep the hobby healthy so we can have these big events. If we just cater to the ones who can afford to replace engines and who can nail those jumps every time we ALL lose. I had a blast; even though my new Toro is dead. The event was fun and the track surface was dialed. As its already been said in this thread, we can expect an improved race and event next year and I'm looking forward to it
Old 10-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

+1 Burst
Only mildly cracked 2 engine cases at the mounting tabs, but was able to finish all races. Had an absolute blast at this race and the design was terriffic, but the surface was nearly concrete. Still had fun and look forward to attending next year.
JB
Old 10-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

++++++1 Burst. Well said. I hope to make the next one even tho I sux on indoor tracks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.