Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
novarossi poor customer service :( >

novarossi poor customer service :(

novarossi poor customer service :(

Old 10-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Marcos J, you don't get upset with me cuttin up on here do you??? I just like to have a little fun and act crazy. If so just let me know and I'll back off the throttle a little. J.P.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Joey Platinum
Hey Marcos J, you don't get upset with me cuttin up on here do you??? I just like to have a little fun and act crazy. If so just let me know and I'll back off the throttle a little. J.P.
i was laughing at that last one!
Old 10-10-2009, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

nah , not at all
Old 10-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

I'll try to keep it pg-13 I know there are a lot of younger guys on here.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It looks like sealant got on the curved part of the back plate. It may be that the gap between case and backplate at that point is fairly tight. Add sealant right there and it is glued in like super glue. A thin layer of RTV like that (actually most adhesives) is very strong in shear which is going to be the force applied whether twisting or pulling the back plate straight out. If it had a thicker layer of RTV you can get it out by putting the sealant in tension by twisting the back plate out. Of course how thick that RTV layer ends up being is a function of the case to back plate clearance.

I would recommend not using sealant on o-ring sealed back plates unless you have an air leak there.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Champion

<-( putting on "my stirring up trouble" cape, and spraying down with TAG body spray)

DE, DE DE
Old 10-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Black came to our track today and was tuning every body up. He let Grouchy try out some j-concepts tires and he loved them. I had a wire pull out fo the BEC connector and decided to just run the plate tamp to pack our track. Un- believable how great a plate tamp works.Black also tuned my Frankenstein Speed and it ran great before my wire failed me.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Black came to our track today and was tuning every body up. He let Grouchy try out some j-concepts tires and he loved them. I had a wire pull out fo the BEC connector and decided to just run the plate tamp to pack our track. Un- believable how great a plate tamp works.Black also tuned my Frankenstein Speed and it ran great before my wire failed me.
totally .

nitro vs. electric ?

come back , the planet misses you ?
Old 10-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

Whats a plate tamp?
Old 10-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Whats a plate tamp?
should be a deleted thread
Old 10-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Addict

I run lipo to a deans which mates with another deans mounted to the lid of my radio box. From there it goes inside the box to my reciever. well I fabbed up the deans to BEC style connector and even bought the special crimper and new connectors you know, trying to do things right and the connector at the BEC has two areas thet crimp ,one crimps the bare wire in place and the other crimps the insulation. Well the one that crimps the insulation cut through the wire and everything. I will do it up right tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

I run lipo to a deans which mates with another deans mounted to the lid of my radio box. From there it goes inside the box to my reciever. well I fabbed up the deans to BEC style connector and even bought the special crimper and new connectors you know, trying to do things right and the connector at the BEC has two areas thet crimp ,one crimps the bare wire in place and the other crimps the insulation. Well the one that crimps the insulation cut through the wire and everything. I will do it up right tomorrow.
Oh, thats cool. So your lipo is outside the box and theres a deans on topof your box.

No switch.

I might get rid of my switch. Im probally going to put two screws in the top of my radio box lid. Solder my wires to the bottom of the screws. And use a simple sheetmetal jumper to make the connection. Unscrew the screw and remove the jumper to kill the radio.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

I need to send you a pic of what I did it is the cleanest you can get. the inside has velcro in the bottom holding the reciever. the reciever has the 2 servo wires exiting through the bottom side of the box as comes from the factory. the deans plug is mounted to the outside of the box w/ ca glue. the wires are attached to the deans and are just long enough to attach to the reciever in the bottom of box. the wires are long enough so you can open the box and disconnect them there , but usually I just pull the deans plugs apart outside the box. I have also attached wet noodle wire to the part of the deans plug and to the lipo ,that I disconnect so I have some really strong wire to grab a hold of when pulling apart.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by ABURTON
Monty, just curious as to what made the back plate stick? I can't see a regular pair of plyers distorting the back plate making it stick as someone mentioned.

I have a 21-4 in the shop that is stuck as well that was sent in for a rebuild. No air seal on it. It seems to be making metal/metal contact with the case.

Just curious what you discovered...
got two conflicting stories from ryan and one of his partners that said he knew the exact story on what happened to the engine . so who really knows what happened to the butt plate but all i can say is i have taken apart at least one or two nova engines and never had this happen . i can tell you i have seen it done a few times and i would attribute the issue to trying to pull the butt plate straight out and getting it cocked in the block causing the metal to get galled up .

let it go its done guys

customer service is issued based on customer attitude .

and joey , i dont get anything for free from jim so i have no reason to stick up for him other than he is a great guy and does not deserve this BS . so just stickin up for a distributor is not what i am doing , treat people how you would like to be treated in life guys , it really does a long long way
Old 10-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Addict

A plate tamp resembles a push mower except it is heavy and has a thick steel bottom about 20"x30" weighs about 200 lbs and vibrates...... does an incredible job of packing..... can make the dirt as hard as concrete.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.