Wiki Posts
Search

novarossi poor customer service :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

^^^thats what I am talking about.

one of my buddys had a vspec and the crank case cracked like 4 gallons into it. (crank pin wore and let the rod hit the bottom of the case I guess)

they sent him a brand new vspec no questions asked he said!!!

now thats customer service I shoulda switched right then LOL
Old 10-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blktransam
^^^thats what I am talking about.

one of my buddys had a vspec and the crank case cracked like 4 gallons into it. (crank pin wore and let the rod hit the bottom of the case I guess)

they sent him a brand new vspec no questions asked he said!!!

now thats customer service I shoulda switched right then LOL
That's rare. O.S. VSpec/Speeds have no warranty. Only the VG has some warranty. I know plenty of people who've cracked case on VSpecs (I have never though). If they warranty them, then I could have shipped about 50 of them for new engines!
Old 10-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Joey Platinum
I have not heard of hardly any complaints from O.S. users.... usually their customers are happy. I had a dud and they made it good by sending a brand new engine ..it was a .28xz ...what a screamer OMG!!!!!
I'm a avid O.S. user, but you'll find that they are slowly loosing ground here in FL. They are not durable enough in the long run and for some, the cracking cases is getting annoying and expensive. So much so, most go to other brands.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ezveedub
I'm a avid O.S. user, but you'll find that they are slowly loosing ground here in FL. They are not durable enough in the long run and for some, the cracking cases is getting annoying and expensive. So much so, most go to other brands.
Noted. I will tell you this they sent back a letter stating that their engines had no-warranty but they wanted to provide me a new one as "good customer service" .... They may not ever do it again but I have already bought 2 more v-specs since then and have no problems yet.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

yeah..the crank pin wore out due to the rod not being replaced after break in IMO which creates more slpo then should be...I have read MANY people getting vspecs replaced even though they say no warranty?..who knows
Old 10-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

I'd rather my Vspec case wasn't prone to cracking.

I'd rather my Vspec crank was hard coated like a Ws9.

I'd rather not have a mid needle. (especially one that falls out mid race)

I'd rather not have the stupid carb isolator thingy.

I'd rather not have the left side of my carb fall off!

I'd rather have an RB or Speed like rod.

OS has problems of their own. If I'm leading the biggest race of my life and my carb/block/conrod splits in half. I'll murder the first one at the track that says " Oh, hey, thats not too bad just send it back."

If OS wants to steal my bussiness away from NR they need to make a Toro Nero, +4, or C6 quality engine for $350. The Jx21 is close. Drop the price on the speed to $350. Nothing inside that engine that costs $500. Paying for the name on the head.

blktrans: You had your mind made up before even starting this thread. Is the purpose of this thread to rally folks to your cause? RB's CS is way worse than Nr's. GRP is a straight ripoff.

Allthough I'm surprized you had problems, you sound like you know plenty about engines.
If RB works well for you, NR should have as well?

Maybe missed the standard plug and needles flush bit. That tripped up alot of +4 owners, till they found that out.

I think this could have been handled better. Have we even figured out the problem with the engine yet? Even Houston is offering help, send it to him and pay for the damage.........
Old 10-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Joey Platinum
Noted. I will tell you this they sent back a letter stating that their engines had no-warranty but they wanted to provide me a new one as "good customer service" .... They may not ever do it again but I have already bought 2 more v-specs since then and have no problems yet.
Do you have both RC8's and the Caster Storm "Fleetwood edition" running on Vspec power now?

Or is the .28xz in the Fleetwood?
Old 10-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

I started this thread because I told Jim I was going to if nothing was done to help me. his words were "feel free to" that to me just shows what kind of busniess he is "managing" so here we are 5 pages later.

I understand Monty has offered his help and believe me it is MUCH appreciated!(monty is a very stand up guy) but he should not have to pick up jim/chris's slack!

plus I do not or should say can not spend more money on this engine. sure buy new case/backplate $65.00 no big deal, but the engine still wont run right now I have over $400.00 in this engine you see where I am getting?

I really wish this would have gone a diff. direction and wish the engine would have been everything I hoped for.

was just at a "bigger" race this past saturday one of the guys was running a plus4 we got to talking told him what happend and he said he heat cycled 3 tanks on his engine and started racing it! has 3 gallons on it right not and feels good still I was like WTF?!?! lol unless he was pulling my chain I dont know?
Old 10-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

As ron paris used to say, " its all in the carb" . Although there is more to it than that , the carb holds the key to making your engine run properly as long as all other components are maintained accordingly . If you can tune , you can tune but not everybody should be working on their own engines and if you f' your engine up admit it. I can tell ya right now . Ihave seen more problems with people getting a little sealant in the wrong spots on engines than it has done good on nova engines . I just think this thread is a lil silly and if the engines have a factory defect it will be fixed guys , you really have no idea how much work chris and jim really do . If you messed up your own engine you really shouldn't even ask for a repair .

not saying that anybody did anything to any engine just a general statement that reiterates the long time adage (sp) that everybody wants something for nothing

Last edited by houston; 10-05-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Addict

Jim and Chris at Fusion are nothing but helpful to everyone. Have never seen either of them in a bad mood or anything like that. Now Fusion does order parts and engines on seperate orders from NovaRossi in Italy. Like Housont said it takes longer then a week to get parts from Europe. I know for a fact that it takes at least 2 to 3 weeks to get stuff here. Most of the time its even longer. Patience is needed in matters such as this.

Also a thing to take into account is the time difference between California and Italy. When its sunny here, its dark there. So any email conversations take a while as a responce on either side is usually a day timeframe.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by chuckinator
Jim and Chris at Fusion are nothing but helpful to everyone. Have never seen either of them in a bad mood or anything like that. Now Fusion does order parts and engines on seperate orders from NovaRossi in Italy. Like Housont said it takes longer then a week to get parts from Europe. I know for a fact that it takes at least 2 to 3 weeks to get stuff here. Most of the time its even longer. Patience is needed in matters such as this.

Also a thing to take into account is the time difference between California and Italy. When its sunny here, its dark there. So any email conversations take a while as a responce on either side is usually a day timeframe.
I agree a week would be a little quick. maybe two or three. Sometimes distributors are at a disadvantage when it comes to warranties / return auths. maybe the manufacturer is very slow at returning responses to the distributor. I ran Dixie chopper mowers for a year or two. When they started having parts wear out I would order parts and have to wait a week only to recieve the wrong part. Their parts system is the pits. The way they catalog parts and their distibutors support is ridiculous ,but they make the baddest mower money can buy. I have switched to John Deere , Why??? Well they make a good mower.... not as productive as the Dixie ...but John deere's dealer support is unreal..... parts are almost always in stock, or overnight. My point is maybe Novarossi is a faster better performing engine than O.S. but does their maufacturer provide the distributor with awesome support???? Support that the distributor can be sure if he replaces an engine w/o a return auth. will he receive credit for it or is he concerned about it being kicked back on him? Maybe the distributor for O.S. has better support from the manufacturer???/ Hell I don't know. Guitar Amps..... same thing the huge companies offer, incredible support while the boutique amp companies can only do so much as they are small.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blktransam
I started this thread because I told Jim I was going to if nothing was done to help me. his words were "feel free to" that to me just shows what kind of busniess he is "managing" so here we are 5 pages later.

I understand Monty has offered his help and believe me it is MUCH appreciated!(monty is a very stand up guy) but he should not have to pick up jim/chris's slack!

plus I do not or should say can not spend more money on this engine. sure buy new case/backplate $65.00 no big deal, but the engine still wont run right now I have over $400.00 in this engine you see where I am getting?

I really wish this would have gone a diff. direction and wish the engine would have been everything I hoped for.

was just at a "bigger" race this past saturday one of the guys was running a plus4 we got to talking told him what happend and he said he heat cycled 3 tanks on his engine and started racing it! has 3 gallons on it right not and feels good still I was like WTF?!?! lol unless he was pulling my chain I dont know?
Seriously, your not gaining anything by starting this thread. If you think your simple issue is going to affect Novarossi, then you need to find another avenue to go down. There is a thread for every manufacturer on this forum with someone having issues and trying to "blackmail" or threaten someone or a business by starting these types of threads. Simple put, move on and go back to RB.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

At the bottom of all this, the OP still can't say what's wrong with the engine. How is it a warranty if you don't even know what's wrong?
Old 10-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Customer service, warranty, and race motor. Very complex combination.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Cases dont mysteriously warp. Obviously you had no problem when you pulled out the back plate to seal it (why you did this, i have no idea. NR's do not have any history of air leaks) so why a problem now?
Im gonna take a guess here. You were having trouble tuning the motor (you do know the +4 takes about a gallon to hit its stride?) so you took the back plate off again. It was a little difficult to remove (because of the sealant), so you used channel locks. This bent the back plate. You sent it to Fusion, they offered to fix it for you (pretty nice, eh) but didnt get it back to you fast enough. You try to blackmail them and they told you to take a hike.
You should think twice about trying to flame a respectable company like Fusion Motorsports. Blackmail....are you kidding me?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.