Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
novarossi poor customer service :( >

novarossi poor customer service :(

novarossi poor customer service :(

Old 10-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default novarossi poor customer service :(

well this is very sad for me to have to post this as I have done all I can not to do this but jim/chris at novarossi usa dont want to fix the issue.

here is my expreince with the brand new plus4

Bought this engine (plus4) on 9-12-09 from thunder road hobbies in Moline IL, around 10:00 a.m got it home sealed it up even though nova Rossi and RB have o-rings I have always sealed them..

Started the break in like always pre heated the engine to 220-230 according to my temp gun(I pre heat my engines EVERY time I start them) . Primed it and BANG engine popped right off Idled 3 tanks getting the engine to 220-225 and then letting it cool down (of course piston was at BDC during cooling) tank 4 I started to drive slow around the parking lot of my shop, 1/8 throttle temps stayed at 210 ran tank 4 down but not dry. Let engine cool tanks 5 and 6 ran around at 1/8-1/4 again engine ran great came to idle very good temps again 210 then ran tank 7 around with ½ throttle blips and then tanks 8-9 with ¾ throttle blips engine again still running great with good idle and temping at 215-220. Tank 10 ran around with full throttle blips running good still temping under 220.

Got to the track on race day (the next day) running practice with no issues car coming off track at 220 then come the quals 1st qual no problems. Then in 2 and 3 and the a-main engine would stall out for no reason tried the standard plug and turbo plug could not get a full tank through engine with out a flame out.

This past Sunday I put my c6 back in and went to look at the plus4 it took us no joke 45 mins. To get the back plate off and now the back plate will not even go back into the block all of the way and is marred up due to trying to get it out. Engine has very little “metal pinch” which is expected but not at 1 gallon on a novarossi?..

so sent the engine in next day air, they recieved it on thursday 9-24-09 got a call from chris said they will replace the case and see whats wrong with the engine. I called on wednesday 9-30-09 still no case going to get one and get the engine back to me. just got off the phone with jim 1-2-09 still no case, I said a new case only cost 50.00 online why no new case yet? then after a few minitues I am unhappy about the customer service and told them to just ship the engine back to me and I will cut my loss and never buy another novarossi engine again.

this is very sad as I have had great luck with the RB line I have had 2 s3's, 2 c6's, 1 ws7iii...too bad I now have a $310.00 paper weight.

Thanks,
Ryan Klemme
Old 10-02-2009, 10:58 AM
Tech Champion

Customer service and offroad racing engines???????

Never new it existed. I know there is a warranty on airplane engines but we're screwed when it comes to high end race mills.

I don't get the complaint? The back plate was stuck? Thats what happens when you glue them on. Use a small amount of aviation sealant, not permatex.

I'm surprized they said they'd give you a case and they still haven't shipped it. Slow, or maybe you have bad luck and its still waiting to get shipped, or maybe your engine is in line for their tech to inspect it still?

RB customer service is even worse. It deosn't exist. From their point of view: If you build perfect engines then you don't need service or even awnser the service line.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
RB customer service is even worse. It deosn't exist. From their point of view: If you build perfect engines then you don't need service or even awnser the service line.
Bingo, we have a winner. Not to mention most RB motors ARE Novarossi.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Novarossi of Italy makes both engines, they have absolutely nothing to do with the services here in the US beyond choosing a group of people/company to distribute them.

Did the backplate come off correctly when you applied the sealant?
Old 10-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

A bud sorry to hear that, but customer service in Engines - hahahahah is a joke - it took me a long time to get my OS back, LONNNNN time

There are no parts avalible even for Nova. 50 for a case????? really that is cheap, my RB case cost me 180
Old 10-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

there is a guy on ebay that parts them out brand new ones....I understand if I had the engine for several months of even a few gallons but a engine should last longer then 1 gallon of fuel and 1 week....I have sealed ALL of my engines the same way with no issues....
Old 10-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

im not a idiot rb are one of the same
Old 10-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blktransam
there is a guy on ebay that parts them out brand new ones....I understand if I had the engine for several months of even a few gallons but a engine should last longer then 1 gallon of fuel and 1 week....I have sealed ALL of my engines the same way with no issues....
oh i see - hum, I might have to check it out. I need some Nova parts as well
Old 10-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Exclamation

Interesting. Poor attitude with the company you are trying to receive customer service with with is not a good idea guys . Jim is only a distributor for novarossi engines in the usa , he is not obligated to fix or repair any issue with the engines as warranty is supposed to be handled by novarossi italy direct . Anything jim or chris does as warranty here in the us is purely because jim is trying to just help the situation . So please guys , no bad mouthing novarossi , I have had many many engines from novarossi with no issues whatsoever ,
I am only an advocate for novarossi products because I believe in the high quality in production and design that novarossi puts forth

happy motorin',
monty houston

Last edited by houston; 10-02-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by blktransam
im not a idiot rb are one of the same
not really. Milled in the same factory. Same great carb and bearings. (I think). RB's S3 is better built than the N21b IMO. Better conrod, but the S# is more expensive so.....

Don't they have seperate distributors.

I run nothing but RB and NR now. Every single one of them has been a freaky pain in the colon for the first gallon. Once thats past they're 15 gallons of sweetness.

So I don't doubt you pain, the first gallon is allways total suffering.

As for blocks, It seems noone really throws away worn out engines. Should be able to pick up a used block fairly easy. Or just get a fresh +4 and use its block when its worn out.

Nitro engines are like light bulbs..............
Old 10-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Legend

Should of bought a O. S. .......
Old 10-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
not really. Milled in the same factory. Same great carb and bearings. (I think). RB's S3 is better built than the N21b IMO. Better conrod, but the S# is more expensive so.....

Don't they have seperate distributors.

I run nothing but RB and NR now.

As for blocks, It seems noone really throws away worn out engines. Should be able to pick up a used block fairly easy. Or just get a fresh +4 and use its block when its worn out.

Nitro engines are like light bulbs..............
light bulbs , i love the analogy if you break the filament (mishandle the engine) there really is no warranty .

and if you send me the engine ryan i will make sure it is not a paperweight when it is returned .

jim does not make millions or even hundreds of thousands on selling these engines . if he wants to have a part covered under warranty he has to send novarossi pictures ( better than having to mail the parts in like he use to have to) and wait for novarossi to get back to him on whether or not they will cover the issue. anyway , this takes time and will not be done in any less than two weeks , guaranteed . just be patient .
Old 10-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
please george
Old 10-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

maybe just busy? I tried sending Jim and email and never heard back this year, so maybe they have a lot going on?
Old 10-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
+ 10

OS baby

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.