Community
Wiki Posts
Search

novarossi poor customer service :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I dont know what was wrong that is why I sent the engine in DDUUHHH...

I did nothing wrong with this engine but go ahead blame me thats the easiest route to take I guess. oh joesmoe jacked it up with less then a gallon yup. if I f-ed the engine up I would not have sent it in woiuld have just bought a new engine, money is not the issue here I feel I revieved a bogus engine that is that.

blackmail? WTF are you talking about I am voiceing my opinon on a issue I had with novarossi USA customer support. nothing more nothing less. Jim told me to go ahead, so I am.

if ONE person decided to go with a diff. engine company due to the reasponse of this thread I am happy...if not no big deal I am not loosing any sleep over this engine the money was spent and that is that.

thanks for all of the PMs I have recieved backing me up, some people just dont want the "bad" rep for voicing their opinion and I respect that.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 10-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

sickboy go ahead call jim I told them to send me the engine back so yeah good try.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sickboy
Cases dont mysteriously warp. Obviously you had no problem when you pulled out the back plate to seal it (why you did this, i have no idea. NR's do not have any history of air leaks) so why a problem now?
Im gonna take a guess here. You were having trouble tuning the motor (you do know the +4 takes about a gallon to hit its stride?) so you took the back plate off again. It was a little difficult to remove (because of the sealant), so you used channel locks. This bent the back plate. You sent it to Fusion, they offered to fix it for you (pretty nice, eh) but didnt get it back to you fast enough. You try to blackmail them and they told you to take a hike.
You should think twice about trying to flame a respectable company like Fusion Motorsports. Blackmail....are you kidding me?
I installed my Speed piston backwards and sealed it very well.After listening to GROUCHY I decided he was right ... the piston was in backwards, when I attempted to take the backplate off i was offered the golden oppotunity to use a pair of pliers to twist the backplate. I very quickly realized the golden opportunity being offered to me and stopped myself .. I used 2 small dowel type pins sticking just far enough into the backplate bolt holes , making sure they did not protrude into the case and placed a screwdriver between them and gently twisted making sure the piston was tdc.Man you can f one of these things up quick.... and the more mechanically inclined you are the more likely you will. These things are oddball!!!Always look at them 3 or 4 times before you apply the Great idea you have to get something loose!!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Champion

You can use a small amount of Aviation Sealant from Napa. It deosn't glue very well it drys ito a purple/black rubber cement like oring goo.

It's easyier to get off.

He JP, this is the kind of customer service ofna your going to have to put up with when your Servo Coolers hit the market.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Should of bought a O. S. .......
Uhhhhhh yep I agree. Completly personal preference though.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default THE TRUTH

Originally Posted by blktransam
I dont know what was wrong that is why I sent the engine in DDUUHHH...

I did nothing wrong with this engine but go ahead blame me thats the easiest route to take I guess. oh joesmoe jacked it up with less then a gallon yup. if I f-ed the engine up I would not have sent it in woiuld have just bought a new engine, money is not the issue here I feel I revieved a bogus engine that is that.

blackmail? WTF are you talking about I am voiceing my opinon on a issue I had with novarossi USA customer support. nothing more nothing less. Jim told me to go ahead, so I am.

if ONE person decided to go with a diff. engine company due to the reasponse of this thread I am happy...if not no big deal I am not loosing any sleep over this engine the money was spent and that is that.

thanks for all of the PMs I have recieved backing me up, some people just dont want the "bad" rep for voicing their opinion and I respect that.

Thanks,
Ryan
And finally the truth.

Paragraph one: The problem seems to be that you don't believe that you could have been the problem because the engine is so new. When in reality you may have ruined it before you ever started it or during break in. (Also, the guy at the big race wasn't messing with you. I also only did a few heat cycles and started racing my +4.)

Paragraph two: You don't know the definition of blackmail because you say that's not what it is but you told them to give you something or this would happen. So you tried to threaten them into giving you a new engine, or some other solution.

And eventually in Paragraph three, your real reasoning for starting the thread. You hope that at least one person will choose a different engine. Which would be unfortunate for them. So pat on the back for making good on your threat to Jim. But even though I suppose it would be an advantage if I was the only one running Nova motors, please stop steering people in the wrong direction.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile No Complaints about Fusion.

One thing to consider about Novarossi engines or any engine is they don't like being taken apart. Leave them alone. I never take mine apart. If the piston and sleve wear out I get a new engine. My Nova and RB engines last around 8-12 gallons. That's a long time. I clean them out with denatured alcohol and keep them oiled and only seal the carb. Old habbit. I'm not bragging it's just that these nova engines aren't OS engines that need new parts every gallon to stay tip top. I don't even change my bearings. Just run em and keep them clean. Run fuel with good ammounts of oil too. At least 10 percent. The gen 2 fuel with more oil is good. It's what 10-11 percent. I agree with Houston. If your wanting to avoid problems then leave em alone. Send them off to let a pro add the extras or replace parts. I still think they are too delicate to mess with. And quit worrying about runtime geeze. Put a 9853 or 86 pipe on it and practice tuning your engine and realize that everyone drives differently. Some never let off the throttle and will get less runtime others drive smoother and even fuel tanks are different. So just drive you car. Put your temg gauge away and listen to your engine. Break in is another issue. Take your time. A new engine needs to be leaned a little because it is not using the fuel at lower rpms. As it breaks in you need to richen it on the top and it won't hurt to let it move faster after around 6-8 tanks but don't lean out the top just yet, the bottom gets leaner though to keep it running. But be patient with the top. I usually drive my car on a big parking lot at night to hear it good and keep it cooler. You can run 2-3 tanks at a time and still be heat cycling your engine. Take it easy and be nice to your engine and it will last. It takes about 3/4 gallon to break in for race ready performance. The metal needs to be burnished with the oil and this takes time. My favorite engine is the Nova p5 and the BF. The plus 4 engines look hot, but I haven't tried one yet, maybe next year. I was dissapointed with the 367 engine. It was the flamout king. the only engine I've ever owned that did not run right. On the flip side the p5 was perfect and so was the S7 RB for it's day. Right now I'm running my BF and it gives me the fastest laptimesbecause it's smooth. I love lapping v spec engines with my bf.....Peace.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:35 AM
Tech Addict

Only 5 posts ... I can tell you have been doing it a while though.I Understand blktrnsm 's frustration I'm not saying it is justified but I understand it. I believe any maufacturer is capable of sending out a defect and to say they can't is a real sign of ignorance.It happens. So does monkeying around and tuning errors the point i am trying to make is we all get defensive of brands when really these companies are not our friends, they are companies who take our money , and a lot of it. There is more to a company than just manufacturing. There is what people call support. Distributors have agreements and some distributors have better support than others. Some of the best engines may not have good support. Anyone who knows anything about racing will tell you dealer support means a lot. So basically tell us aboput dealer support ...not that this bla bla bla engine is a piece o crap.Tell us what kind of experience you had with the distributor. Will the distributor or customer service people answer the phone and help you with tuning q's???? Do you get an answering machine. Do you get a call back???Some racers do not need support ... myself I do need support from time to time and have always recieved great support from AE. Hitec, and even Horizon on my 3 bad grps. Even though i wasn't happy with what they told me ,I still got a response quickly.I believe blktrnsm feels he did nothing wrong and expected different response than what he got. I will send houston $ 20 towards helping him with his novarossi if some one else will pitch in. This is what I consider helping a fellow enthusiast.Houston send me info and i will send you paypal or whatever you need. Come on guys turn this into something positive for a fellow r/c 'er.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

joey thanks for understanding where I am comming from on this. you sir are top notch. also the generosity of pooling money to try and get my plus4 "right" is above and beyond.

Ryan
Old 10-06-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Maybe "pooling money" is a good idea to shut this Moron up,

Its obvious all you want Mr "blktransam" is something for free, Obvious also is the fact that you are an impatiant moron with no idea of Warranty protocol what so ever expecting overnight miricals

This thread should be deleted by an adminastror, Your simply a winger that has more than likely destroyed your own engine, And as allready mentioned by many others if it is a manufacturers defect they will sort it out for you

Your not the only person in the world that is or has had engine troubles with a relativly new engine... Get a life and shut the hell up!

It could be an os/rb/axerossi or any brand you idiot!!!, Why try to put so much effort into baging out Novarossi when clearly you wont affect their sales

Would you be doing the same if it were an os... you bet ya you would

I read this whole thread and its nothing but blackmail!, About 5 times you have mentioned "if they make it right ill delete this thread"

You have too much time on your hands and too little money by the sounds of things

Dave
Old 10-06-2009, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I hate you had problems but I LOVE my H.E.S. Novarossi 21-5K and as soon as I get the money I am getting him to do me a Toro Nero for a truggy!
Old 10-06-2009, 07:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

pooling money together isnt gonna solve anything, its just gonna get the guy a new engine or get it repaired, as soon as he has another problem you will see him back on here again bashing it again, basically by giving him money you are reinforcing the way he acted. the distributor was willing to help him out but he was to impatient and wouldnt wait for them to get it taken care of, the fact the engine dosent have a warranty and they were willing to help him out of goodwill then he should have been happy and waited till they had it completed and sent it back.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:33 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

chill out and stop directing personal attacks and PLEASE learn how to spell, that was painful to read, flaming is not needed or even relevant to the matter at hand........so relax and chill out.

I know Ryan, he's not trying to blackmail anyone, maybe a little pissed, yes.....maybe the matter was'nt handled/channeled correctly.....no, it probably was'nt Ryan. Flaming a manuf. is never a good way to get a point across bro, but I understand your frustration regardless of who is at fault, you had a new engine and now it sits and you can't run it, very understandable. Ryan........let this thread die and get ahold of Monty and have him repair the engine even if its at your own expense, let Monty do the R2R and you will recieve it back in Iowa with a damn good race tune, just give SOMEONE a chance to make it right, you will love your plus4

Last edited by Trevor Williams; 10-06-2009 at 08:22 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

too little money are to fing kidding me? do you even know me I dont think so. Trev thanks for the support.
Monty when I get the engine back from novarossi USA it will go right to you...fix it give me the bill I am done with this crap.
being accused of blackmail STFU! you mother fing internet hardass
Old 10-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
chill out and stop directing personal attacks and PLEASE learn how to spell, that was painful to read, flaming is not needed or even relevant to the matter at hand........so relax and chill out.

I know Ryan, he's not trying to blackmail anyone, maybe a little pissed, yes.....maybe the matter was'nt handled/channeled correctly.....no, it probably was'nt Ryan. Flaming a manuf. is never a good way to get a point across bro, but I understand your frustration regardless of who is at fault, you had a new engine and now it sits and you can't run it, very understandable. Ryan........let this thread die and get ahold of Monty and have him repair the engine even if its at your own expense, let Monty do the R2R and you will recieve it back in Iowa with a damn good race tune, just give SOMEONE a chance to make it right, you will love your plus4
The engine will be here at my place within the week , it will be fixed and returned . Enough BS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.