novarossi poor customer service :(

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

novarossi poor customer service :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Addict

I know , trust me sometimes people warranty things and then later the manufacturer rejects the claim and bam... the dist. is out the $$$$. I understand. I just remember the way I was treated in my situations and that is what influenced my future purchases which is a lot of $$$$$ for someones co.. NowI understand the dist. can't predict which end user will be in it for the long haul but if some of these engine manufacturers would offer an extended warranty for even $150.00 I would dang sure buy it.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

cobra what you just said is engine companys sell a engine with a false "warranty" GREAT busniess practice....

yes I expect them to eat the cost of a new engine...you think a new mill costs novarossi 300.00? HAHA good one
Old 10-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

No warranty has anything to do with use or wear and tear. The warranty is against defects of materials and workmanship. If an engine breaks in fine and runs fine before something goes wrong then the case of a defect becomes hard to make. As I read it, the engine started running poorly/cutting out and the backplate was difficult to remove but you don't know what's actually wrong with it do you? It is just as likely something happened to this engine, that you don't know what happened does not make it a warranty, it just makes it unfortunate. If the engine is defective then then Jim will make it right. This is the R/C business, the expectation of instant, no questions asked service just isn't realistic.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by camocowboy
How did Hitec come up? All you have to do is mail your broken servos back and they send you new ones. Can't ask for more than that.

About the motor. I am sure they will try to make it right for you if you give them the chance. They are great people who always help the racer. However, I can't believe you would expect them to eat the cost and send you a new mill. They could have told you it was on you since you decided to pull the motor apart. But best of luck running something else if that's what you decide. There are other great motors out there but nothing like a Nova.
Hi-tec came up because of their incredible customer service, I'm not saying customer service is what makes Hi-tec a major player but the good word spreads like wild fire. i have never had a Nova but I would try one because i know the have been around and have seen some excellent mills from them. I guess I feel bad for anyone who has bad luck with a mill.i believe patience is the key as well as persistence and kindness. Please don't punch me in the liver , Jeztur2003 mauled me last night in a title fight.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Tech Champion

None of these engines come with any warranty other than complete and total obvious defect.

There is no way to cover all the bases with these little engines sometimes you get bit. I would have sent it back, popped in a WS9 or made a WS3. And waited for what they find. Takes at least 8 weeks for anything warranty.
(short of the radio gear saviors known as the Hitec)

But a manufactures defect on such a simple engine should be pretty obvious. Conrod, leaky bearing, bad mill, worn out cutting tool, etc. what killed this one??????

The first gallon on NR, RB engines sucks bigtime.

OS can warranty an engine every once in a while because they sell alot of engines and are aware that the Vspec has some serious problems built in. The JX21 solves some of these problems but needed to be more expensive to make up the difference.

Nova and RB use good bearings in all and good conrods in most of thier engines. I called RB customer service a few times. No awnser, they didn't return my message. I'm still a loyal customer of RB/NR. Why, thier crap is way better than other peoples crap.

Joey P, you got screwed by GRP. We all watched that engine eat its bearings and another a Con-rod, weird how that first engine changed tunes as its bearing leaked. No-way, no- way was that a bad run-in or poor tuning. The other engine blew its conrod to pieces. We have a pile of blown rods up here, none look like that did.

Now that WAS a manufacturer defect. Obvious as plain day that GRP=crap!

Hitec has an excellent product. They did thier homework. Other companies seem to be guessing what we want. Hitec seems to know. There incredibly stupid good customer support is iceing on fruit basket.

Like OS they have a real popular product. The 7955 servo has put them really high up now. Can't wait for thier 2.4 radio.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I have said this a thousand times but let me say this again.

There is just no way to fully warranty a performance race engine.

Now don't misunderstand me, if I had the money and desire I could design and build a motor that would sell for under 300 dollars, last at least 10 gallons, be cheap to rebuild when it did wear out and offer a 1 year FULL REPLACEMENT warranty.

Sounds great right? I should build this thing and all of you would buy one right?

No, none of you would buy one of these motors.

Why? Because it would be slow as a turd. Oh it would run perfectly but you wouldn't be winning any races with it. As soon as you start pushing the performance envelope you open up the possibility of failures. Failure rates that are to high to be able to warranty your product.

To the OP. Your used car dealership does not apply. You are not selling a performance part. Would you warranty a race car? Also, you mention helping out your customers. That's great but what do you do if the part you need to fix the car is not available? Are you going to give the customer another car? And remember, it will have to be an equally attractive or better car to keep the customer happy.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default service

A friend of mine that I race with had a similar experience with them and will not be buying anymore Novarossi engines
Old 10-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by camocowboy
How did Hitec come up? All you have to do is mail your broken servos back and they send you new ones. Can't ask for more than that.

About the motor. I am sure they will try to make it right for you if you give them the chance. They are great people who always help the racer. However, I can't believe you would expect them to eat the cost and send you a new mill. They could have told you it was on you since you decided to pull the motor apart. But best of luck running something else if that's what you decide. There are other great motors out there but nothing like a Nova.
you the man greg

see ya soon bro
Old 10-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by wingracer
I have said this a thousand times but let me say this again.

There is just no way to fully warranty a performance race engine.

Now don't misunderstand me, if I had the money and desire I could design and build a motor that would sell for under 300 dollars, last at least 10 gallons, be cheap to rebuild when it did wear out and offer a 1 year FULL REPLACEMENT warranty.

Sounds great right? I should build this thing and all of you would buy one right?

No, none of you would buy one of these motors.

Why? Because it would be slow as a turd. Oh it would run perfectly but you wouldn't be winning any races with it. As soon as you start pushing the performance envelope you open up the possibility of failures. Failure rates that are to high to be able to warranty your product.

To the OP. Your used car dealership does not apply. You are not selling a performance part. Would you warranty a race car? Also, you mention helping out your customers. That's great but what do you do if the part you need to fix the car is not available? Are you going to give the customer another car? And remember, it will have to be an equally attractive or better car to keep the customer happy.
some get it and some do not , it is that simple

i guess i have been lucky enough to have upwards of a thousand engines with no "factory defects" . doubt it ! it is most likely that it could be chocked up as user error , honestly . i inspect every single engine that goes through the engine room , new or used/rebuilt . i believe in customer service that matches the quality of the products , cause in an ideal world this would be the case .

keep motorin' and use your noggin guys , if you are unsure of what you are doing , seek the advice of your local engine guy to get a good hands on suport .
Old 10-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

believe it or not I am one of the "go to guys" when it comes to engine tuning and or questions regarding cars in general.
I am not claiming to be the best or know it all but I have been in this hobby way to long to even count over 15 years.
I am no idiot and I have never had this type of issue before. its all good on my end I told them to send engine back and I will never support their brand again fine by me...once my c6 dies I will jump back to the o.s side of the yard no big deal I will not loose any sleep over this just posting MY opinoin on this company and come to find out a few others have had problems as well....

I am just calling a tree a tree nothing more.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Lord

Do you know what's wrong with the engine? Not what happened, but why it happened?
Old 10-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Davidka
Do you know what's wrong with the engine? Not what happened, but why it happened?
trust me guys , when you send us your engines we can tell almost exactly what the story of the engine is as soon as we perform a teardown .
Old 10-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

This has been a interesting thread. Some really good points have been made.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by houston
trust me guys , when you send us your engines we can tell almost exactly what the story of the engine is as soon as we perform a teardown .
I know you can, so can Jim at Fusion. The question was meant for the OP. He's upset about his engine and upset about the service he thinks he should be getting from Fusion but hasn't shown that he knows what's wrong with his engine.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Davidka
I know you can, so can Jim at Fusion. The question was meant for the OP. He's upset about his engine and upset about the service he thinks he should be getting from Fusion but hasn't shown that he knows what's wrong with his engine.
when i say "WE" , i am referring to jim/chris/myself and most really good engine guys .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.