R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Buying a truggy, Advice? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/332179-buying-truggy-advice.html)

The Pope NJ 10-01-2009 05:58 PM

Buying a truggy, Advice?

Going to buy a truggy as I am out of people to bash with and the MT class is nearly dead. I am thinking 8t-2.0 RTR. comes with everything I will need and as a plus I don't have a 2.4ghz radio yet. Also thinking D8T as I am a hpi guy but they don't have a rtr version. I don't know though what do you guys think?

flippz 10-01-2009 06:00 PM

my vote is for the rc8t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love my truck. great set ups and plenty of advice.
also it does not look like your following the crowds, your leading the crowd.

The Pope NJ 10-01-2009 06:13 PM

Yea I like to be diffrent for sure. Want something that I can make my own I love doing mods and hop ups. I like building the badest truck money couldn't buy.

tc5 man 10-01-2009 06:53 PM

go with a hb d8t i heard its a pretty good truggy and the price is pretty good at $399 for the kit and its a hpi parter comp .

tc5 man 10-01-2009 06:53 PM

www.outtacontrolrc.net my track

Bigedmond 10-01-2009 07:22 PM

Get the Losi. You like the idea of a RTR, its probably the best option.

Now, you should know, you need to upgrade the servos FIRST thing.

I personally run an RC8T, but i have driven other truggies; just not the new losi. It performs very well, and is a good place to start racing. If you want to get fast, get a buggy, not a truggy. Buggies are harder to drive, thus making you a better driver. Truggies are alot more forgiving, and easier to drive.

The Pope NJ 10-01-2009 07:25 PM

New to this whole Racing thing converted the savage to a racer but want something that has a bigger class. Was going to go buggy but figure if the racing thing doesn't work out I can at least bash the truggy.

Only reason I am leaning towards the RTR stuff is I need a good radio If i decide to wait till spring to get it I will have gotten a radio already so I could go Kit. What is wrong with the servo's in the losi? What servo's are they?

Frank L 10-01-2009 07:46 PM

The losi is a very complete system and either the Losi or Mugen are my 2 fav trucks on the market right now. The losi is a very good package deal. I have well over 2k tied up in my 8T 2.0 roller and thats no upgrades or parts support.

Check out carolinasrc.com I am sure they can give you a smoking deal.

Zerodefect 10-01-2009 07:53 PM

D8t
Novarossi .28 or OS .28xz
Truggy box
Dx3r
Aka tires and Axe body spray.
7955 servos so you can have touble free lipo unregulated power like Mr. T

Every time I see the D8t I think the body is a warped 57 Chevy. even thoough it isn't.:weird:

Bigedmond 10-01-2009 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by The Pope NJ (Post 6417938)
New to this whole Racing thing converted the savage to a racer but want something that has a bigger class. Was going to go buggy but figure if the racing thing doesn't work out I can at least bash the truggy.

Only reason I am leaning towards the RTR stuff is I need a good radio If i decide to wait till spring to get it I will have gotten a radio already so I could go Kit. What is wrong with the servo's in the losi? What servo's are they?

RTR servo in general are cheap, and go bad. You do not want a throttle servo dying when you are racing.

I personally would stay away from the HPI. They are cheap, and cheap is what you get. The parts wear fast, and i see them break all the time in the JBRL races. Losi's dominate the lower classes.

Honestly, if you went kit, the RC8T LE is a great deal. You get a great truggy, plus 150 worth of updated parts that are standard on the RC8B. All stuff i bought separately for my RC8T.

madweazl 10-01-2009 09:06 PM

I'll be picking up a truck soon and will probably buy the Losi RTR just because you cant beat the deal you get. I'll dump the radio, motor, and servos in favor of replacements and still come out ahead.

camocowboy 10-01-2009 11:43 PM

Losi RTR

The RTR is def. great for beginners. However, if you are planning on dumping the motor, radio, and servos you should go with the race roller. The chassis, shock towers, and shock caps all leave you wanting more from the RTR. If you don't want any of the stuff that comes with it go roller, buy a Plus 4, and a couple of 7955's, and whatever radio and you can't go wrong.

anf0 10-01-2009 11:55 PM

The Losi is the best RTR you'll ever see...

Cheers

shanty140 10-02-2009 12:05 AM

The Losi RTR is the best RTR package out there by miles. It is what I bought when I bought my Losi truggy. IT really should come down to your price range and whether you want a RTR, Kit, or Roller

The Pope NJ 10-02-2009 04:51 AM

Thanks guys. I can't wait to get this thing what ever brand it may be. I was going to buy a friend's old Hellfire but the local track told me I couldn't run that in the truggy class. It is ashame really the number of replacement parts that are there in a few boxes would build the truck 3 or 4 times over and it was a great price. I still have no idea why the truck isn't alowed to race.