Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
one way diff legal or not >

one way diff legal or not

one way diff legal or not

Old 10-01-2009, 02:48 PM
Tech Adept

Default one way diff legal or not

tittle says it all im unshure like the losi makes a one way for its L8ight model and some guys are instaling it in there B an T is that with in the rules
Old 10-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm sue it is legal. but honestly I think it's a disadvantage in offroad because it eliminates your front breaks, so essentially your car has to rely on the rear breaks only.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
I'm sue it is legal. but honestly I think it's a disadvantage in offroad because it eliminates your front breaks, so essentially your car has to rely on the rear breaks only.

How does it eliminate your front brakes?

Because my buggy has a center diff and has front and rear brakes that work..
Old 10-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

It eliminates the front break because of the use of oneway bearings and you front tires spin freely under breaking.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by janderson78
It eliminates the front break because of the use of oneway bearings and you front tires spin freely under breaking.

So then tell me why there would be front brakes on it if they were useless?
Old 10-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

if the breaks are applied at the center diff or by a motor (EP) and you have a front one way installed than under acceleration the front would pull but once you let off the throttle or apply brakes the front diff would continue to spin freely regardless of what the center diff did.

So in affect a front one does take your front brakes away unless you run a vehicle with discs on the front wheels.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Wait, the L8 model has a front one way? Are you sure it isn't a smart diff? Deos the L8 have front brakes?

Why would you want a one way in a nitrobuggy? A smart diff would work better.

I don't think roar rules even mention diffs. Other than you have to have three of them.

Are you sure they aren't actually useing smart diffs and accidentally calling them one-ways cause theyre idiots?

Last edited by Zerodefect; 10-01-2009 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Han Solo and the wookie.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by pinky2252s
So then tell me why there would be front brakes on it if they were useless?
Because the ONE WAY BEARING.
And it wasn't built with the one way standard so they would come with them that way... its touring/4wd buggy tech and a very simple concept
Old 10-01-2009, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

lol I got a feeling this is gonna get deep. I really don't think there are any rules that say that there illegal. Racers have been playing with torsion diffs and what not for a while now. You may get some that don't like it but you can't win um all. I personally don't run one but I will tell you that if the traction is there it is DEFINATELY an advantage. It is NOT and smart diff. It's made for the losi late model as an option part. In buggy I would think it would make it kinda twitchy and hard to drive. Truck on the other hand, another story. If you haven't seen one perform the off and on power steering is simply mind boggling! The truck will rotate inside itself off power and on power both front wheels pull it out of the corner like posi trac. The downfall is you don't have any front brake but a little driving style change and some track time you will get used to it. I have tried everything I can think of to get one in my truck(non losi) and it isn't working. lol
Old 10-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Champion

So when your on power its like a stiff diff and when your off power its like there is no diff? Like coasting or braking a 2wd?

Kinda need my front brakes though.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

If I may someone who knows; how do you make corrections in the air with no front brakes?
Old 10-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Wait, the L8 model has a front one way? Are you sure it isn't a smart diff? Deos the L8 have front brakes?
Definately not a smart diff.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Front-One-way

Originally Posted by Jaz240
If I may someone who knows; how do you make corrections in the air with no front brakes?
Stabbing the brakes with no front brake will still bring the nose down, it just won't be as dramatic. I've run no front brake on my Truggy after watching Drake's brake tuning video. He specifically mentions that he sometimes runs no front brake on truggy.

-Howard
Old 10-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

....the same way motocross guys tap the rear brake in the air and the inertia of the rotating rear tire causes the whole bike to rotate around the rear....and why a "panic rev" will pull the front up slightly...........
Old 10-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

electric 2wd guys can make corrections in the air.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Cheaters never win....but sometimes they may be way faster. LOL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.