R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Official VP Pro USA Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/332129-official-vp-pro-usa-thread.html)

infanterene 04-13-2011 07:41 AM

The sc tires are available as of yesterday. I'm ordering some super soft axeman.

VPProUSA 04-13-2011 12:30 PM

1/10th scale tires are in stock.

jonw 04-13-2011 02:13 PM

Thanks for the update guys.

Jaz240 04-16-2011 02:49 PM

anyone tried the VP bearings yet? any feedback?

THE PHILLY JYNX 04-16-2011 03:00 PM


Originally Posted by Jaz240 (Post 8974446)
anyone tried the VP bearings yet? any feedback?


I'm running them in the Agama James. 2 weekends no issues.But I also pulled all the shields cleaned them out and then soaked them 2 days in our bearing oil..wiped clean and running dry.

Jaz240 04-16-2011 03:34 PM


Originally Posted by THE PHILLY JYNX (Post 8974484)
I'm running them in the Agama James. 2 weekends no issues.But I also pulled all the shields cleaned them out and then soaked them 2 days in our bearing oil..wiped clean and running dry.

Oh hell no...way to much work for a $1 bearing :lol:
how packed were they with grease when you pulled the seal?
I only clean out my clutch bearings, the rest of the car I just pop em in

THE PHILLY JYNX 04-17-2011 10:54 AM


Originally Posted by Jaz240 (Post 8974589)
Oh hell no...way to much work for a $1 bearing :lol:
how packed were they with grease when you pulled the seal?
I only clean out my clutch bearings, the rest of the car I just pop em in

The amount of grease varies....always does in every bearing. To your point...my point is Yes its a $1 bearing and No I'm not going to assume it has grease in it when your driving hours to go racing and have $1 bearing seize up in your drive line during an A-main.You want a super smooth drive line,the best possible rotation and optimum fuel mileage? You better know what your popping in your hubs and diffs!!:lol: Don't care if its a $1 bearing or $100 bearing it never hurts to check;) just my opinion.

Jaz240 04-17-2011 11:20 AM

That's all good bro. Whatever floats your boat. Not giving you grief, we all have our methods. I've never had a $1 bearing seize up on me in 2 years of racing so I'm all good. If I was as meticulous as you with my bearings I would use ceramics. I just run em and check em frequently and change them all every gallon or as needed.

roblupo 04-17-2011 11:32 AM

I have been running the VP Pro bearings with good results. I just popped them in and run them.

The new Blade tires are awesome, very stable, good forward traction, good corner speed, Ran Blade UF yesterday three quals, and a 15 min main. Hard packed track with light dust on the top some fluff, tires look great all around very little wear.

Now the WTH is up with the VP Pro glue? haha I cleaned the tires, rims with motor spray, scuffed rims all around, scuffed tires all around. And they still are coming un glued in parts around tires. Is worst feeling when you know you have the fastes car but cant drive it like you stole casue your afraid your going to run out of the tires....

infanterene 04-17-2011 01:28 PM

With turbo trax and axeman I don't prep and have never had a problem. The grips and blades felt a little greasy to me so I clean those with motor spray.

roblupo 04-17-2011 01:47 PM

i glued a new set of Axeman tires to the new rims, and within 3 min of warm up three of the four where draggin on the ground. I used to pull out, mount up and glue. I prepped the Blade tires, and they still came unglued but just alittle here and there around the cracks.

Going to try some other glue...and well??? haha

VPProUSA 04-17-2011 08:35 PM


Originally Posted by roblupo (Post 8977933)
I have been running the VP Pro bearings with good results. I just popped them in and run them.

The new Blade tires are awesome, very stable, good forward traction, good corner speed, Ran Blade UF yesterday three quals, and a 15 min main. Hard packed track with light dust on the top some fluff, tires look great all around very little wear.

Now the WTH is up with the VP Pro glue? haha I cleaned the tires, rims with motor spray, scuffed rims all around, scuffed tires all around. And they still are coming un glued in parts around tires. Is worst feeling when you know you have the fastes car but cant drive it like you stole casue your afraid your going to run out of the tires....

Thin or medium?

And was it the new V2.0 wheels with the VP-Pro logo on them or the older wheels?

VPProUSA 04-17-2011 08:41 PM


Originally Posted by Jaz240 (Post 8974446)
anyone tried the VP bearings yet? any feedback?

I've been running them all year. Just drop them in also. They seem to have a lot of grease and get free'r after you run them.

For the 5x13 clutch bearings, I just blow them out with comp air to get the extra grease off and put them in like all my clutch bearings. So far they have been lasting 2+ hours in the bell with no problems. The stock Agama 5x13's get gritty after 20 minutes, so these are way better. I'd also say they are better then Avids and Protecs, and the same as Advantage bearings that I used for 3 years in all my cars until they went out of business.

HoustonAreaRC 04-18-2011 05:48 PM

What is the part number for the Axman SC Medium Flexx?

And do you have plenty of the Medium Flexx in stock?

Need to order a couple of sets.

jonw 04-18-2011 06:08 PM

I was wondering the same thng on Md Axemen, only Ultraflex listed.


All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:34 PM.

Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.3.8
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.