R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Official VP Pro USA Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/332129-official-vp-pro-usa-thread.html)

ScottyM 01-30-2011 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by smccolp (Post 8556648)
Thanks again stu! I will give these strikers a shot and hopefully buy some other vp treads. Nobody Around here is running any VP products so we will see If I can convert them! I also ordered a set of ss city blocks to give a try. Everyone around here seems to like them.
Sean

Sean I know Pfiefer did last year at Hobby World, and I have a few sets coming that I will run this year.. I have Strikers, and Condors on their way. I might try some Turbo Trax later in the year, but I have quite a few small pin tires..

hyperc10 01-30-2011 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by ScottyM (Post 8573102)
Sean I know Pfiefer did last year at Hobby World, and I have a few sets coming that I will run this year.. I have Strikers, and Condors on their way. I might try some Turbo Trax later in the year, but I have quite a few small pin tires..

I know that they have and Jeff said that he didn't like the feel.I just wanted a second opinion.I think I'm going to snag a few up.

ScottyM 01-30-2011 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by hyperc10 (Post 8573112)
I know that they have and Jeff said that he didn't like the feel.I just wanted a second opinion.I think I'm going to snag a few up.

I'm not real sure I'm going to like the condors myself, mainly because I never really liked the Revolvers, which are similar.. The Strykers I think will be Awesome for Hobby World or other semi-loose slightly damp track..

smccolp 01-30-2011 11:32 PM

Well, we went to hobby world today! It was cold as a witch's titty in a brass bra! I tried out my new ultra flexx strikers and they did surprisingly well on the hard packed dusty track! They will be awesome on a moist track! I cant wait to try out the new belted tires that are coming out!!!!!
Sean

stu541 01-31-2011 08:08 AM

smc,

is your track abrasive or smooth. you said hard packed with dust. how much dust? condors might be a better tire for that track. Is tire wear and issue? condors are still big enough to penetrate thru most dust, they have great side bite too.

Skillett 02-01-2011 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by ScottyM (Post 8573150)
I'm not real sure I'm going to like the condors myself, mainly because I never really liked the Revolvers, which are similar.. The Strykers I think will be Awesome for Hobby World or other semi-loose slightly damp track..

You should give the condors a shot especialy on damp tracks they hook up and self clean very well ....sandy or loamy tracks they are hooked,after the first teirs off the pins wear down they still perform well even on hard clay tracks..........

stu541 02-01-2011 10:36 AM

i agree with skillet, Condors are my favorite tire. Unless your running on near asphalt dirt they are dialed.

jonw 02-01-2011 01:26 PM

Are the standard yellow buggy wheels available? Only saw the wide and new V2 wheels on the site. Need some standard yellow wheels in a couple of weeks.

Thanks

Jon

ScottyM 02-01-2011 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Skillett (Post 8582798)
You should give the condors a shot especialy on damp tracks they hook up and self clean very well ....sandy or loamy tracks they are hooked,after the first teirs off the pins wear down they still perform well even on hard clay tracks..........

Originally Posted by stu541 (Post 8582874)
i agree with skillet, Condors are my favorite tire. Unless your running on near asphalt dirt they are dialed.

Well I've got them coming and I will try them out on different surfaces and see for myself.. I'm sure I'll find a use for them.

VPProUSA 02-02-2011 08:53 AM

The old VP-Pro wheels have been discontinued. The new V2.0 wheels will be here March 1st.

VPProUSA 02-02-2011 08:59 AM

Now in stock at VP-Pro USA:
Super high quality ABEC-3 rubber sealed ball bearings in standard and ceramic (more sizes coming soon).
Only a $1 each for standards.

brian kadow 02-02-2011 09:35 AM

nice. :nod:

smccolp 02-03-2011 10:45 PM

I wouldnt consider hobby world an abrasive track. It was certainly dry with a covering of powder on top( maybe a 1/8th to an 1/4th of an inch). I wanted to give em a try because thats what the practice days are normally like. I know this is a VP thread but my city blocks were dialed. With that said, one of VP's new treads looks identical to the city block and that has me pumped!

ScottyM 02-04-2011 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by smccolp (Post 8598109)
I wouldnt consider hobby world an abrasive track. It was certainly dry with a covering of powder on top( maybe a 1/8th to an 1/4th of an inch). I wanted to give em a try because thats what the practice days are normally like. I know this is a VP thread but my city blocks were dialed. With that said, one of VP's new treads looks identical to the city block and that has me pumped!

Which treads would that be??

smccolp 02-04-2011 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by ScottyM (Post 8599449)
Which treads would that be??

The blades are the ones i was referring to. http://www.vp-racing.com/english/productshow.asp?id=138 The look identical to the City Block tires to me