R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Official VP Pro USA Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/332129-official-vp-pro-usa-thread.html)

zixxer 04-30-2010 07:09 PM


Originally Posted by underway (Post 7343786)
Getting ready to order some tires. What foams come with the mounted tires.

i beleive they are the yellow foams ...which i have just mounted up a ton ..and they are great ....not sure if they changed ? but i cant wait to get mine on the track ...:nod:

underway 04-30-2010 07:23 PM

Thanks Zixxer. What are the two common tread patterns to have in your tire bag?

zixxer 04-30-2010 07:25 PM


Originally Posted by underway (Post 7343844)
Thanks Zixxer. What are the two common tread patterns to have in your tire bag?

if you were gonna go with 2 types i would say
strykers and cut-offs
or
cutoffs and axemen

what type of surface do you run on ?

underway 04-30-2010 07:33 PM

Diffferent surfaces. Some are dry dusty and rough, others loamy. Then there is Leisure that will grove when run on enough. I know thats every track surface known to man but it varies alot around here. I currently carry AKA Citiblocks, Ibeams and Grid Irons(that covers just about all conditions).

The most common is dry dusty and hardpacked...

zixxer 04-30-2010 07:38 PM


Originally Posted by underway (Post 7343877)
Diffferent surfaces. Some are dry dusty and rough, others loamy. Then there is Leisure that will grove when run on enough. I know thats every track surface known to man but it varies alot around here. I currently carry AKA Citiblocks, Ibeams and Grid Irons(that covers just about all conditions).

The most common is dry dusty and hardpacked...

i would say then
cut-offs
axemen
and turbo traxx for LH

if you get a fourth set i would say strykers for loamy tracks ...truth is the axemen are good anywhere ....but it really pays to have at least 4 sets of different tires ..that way your not at a loss if you go to "that track" that you dont have a good set of tires for ...and with the prices being what they are and the tread life what it is ...the vp pro tires make it much more affordable :nod:

underway 04-30-2010 07:42 PM


Originally Posted by zixxer (Post 7343895)
i would say then
cut-offs
axemen
and turbo traxx for LH

if you get a fourth set i would say strykers for loamy tracks ...truth is the axemen are good anywhere ....but it really pays to have at least 4 sets of different tires ..that way your not at a loss if you go to "that track" that you dont have a good set of tires for ...and with the prices being what they are and the tread life what it is ...the vp pro tires make it much more affordable :nod:

Exactly!!!!! Looking forward to trying them out and perhaps getting folks to run the tires here in the midwest.

zixxer 04-30-2010 07:45 PM


Originally Posted by underway (Post 7343910)
Exactly!!!!! Looking forward to trying them out and perhaps getting folks to run the tires here in the midwest.

no doubt ....you will be winning some races on them and people will want em for sure ....:nod: just holler if you need any help at all ...laterz

heidmann1 04-30-2010 10:58 PM

+1:nod: I have to say all the VP-PRO tires hook up killer!!! I dont know what secret mojo they put in the compound but they are amazing. I have tried all of them and they all work great. unlike any other brand tires I have used. The whells are great to and dont crack easy like some of the others. You guys will love 'em after you try "em:nod:

Machine's R/C H 05-04-2010 08:02 AM

All VP-Pro USA Racing Products are now back in stock and shipping to dealers!

http://www.RaceVPPro.com

B_Wheeler 05-04-2010 09:23 AM

I think axmen are my new favorite tire..they work everywhere

dash riprock 05-04-2010 10:13 AM


Originally Posted by B_Wheeler (Post 7358775)
I think axmen are my new favorite tire..they work everywhere

What do you run on your truggy?

heidmann1 05-04-2010 12:10 PM

Usually Turbo trax on truggy if hard packed and cutoffs on truggy if its wet and soft.

B_Wheeler 05-04-2010 01:03 PM

what he said.. Tony, their the lightest truggy tire and wheel combo out there. You can actually feel the weight difference in your hand compared to anything else.

secondhand_rc 05-05-2010 03:32 PM

alright i know this is a nirto forum but i race a brushless matrix tr i'm trying to decide if i should purchase low or med flexx i'm going with cutoffs that much i know! by the time the truggies race the track is pretty beat up from everything else running before me! i have tried other soft tires and have had traction issues so i was leaning toward a slightly harder compound since my truggy weighs a bit more in electric what are your thoughts i'm purchasing a set tonight!! thanks!!

Machine's R/C H 05-06-2010 08:32 AM

It depends on the track conditions, but Medium Flexx is the best all around compound and you can't go wrong with it.


All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:43 PM.

Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.3.8
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.