Wiki Posts
Search

KAL-GARD "Prep & Shine"

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Filter Oil

I love this oil. It is real easy to work with. At first its kind of oily, but 15 minutes later it tacks up. I like it because it is tacky but not extreme like some other filter oils i have used. I think some are too tacky and end up clogging up very quickly and cause your engine to richen up. As for cleaning a simple shot of the filter cleaner breaks down the oil completely and it can then be cleaned with soap and water for a completely new and clean filter. You can clean it completely with the filter cleaner but obviously you will go thru more of it.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We will be attending the Bullettown Shootout tomorrow in Milan TN, they are expecting a great turn out and if anyone wants to check out the Kal-Gard Line Up come over and see us.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Kalgard Racing
We will be attending the Bullettown Shootout tomorrow in Milan TN, they are expecting a great turn out and if anyone wants to check out the Kal-Gard Line Up come over and see us.
so do you have anyone in Oahu that sells
Old 10-25-2009, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
so do you have anyone in Oahu that sells

Sorry, none in that area. If you have a local shop, PM me their info.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just wanted to give you a thanks for sponcering the bullet town shootout race saturday....we had a great tiem and thanks for a great product......
Old 10-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Looked for KALGARD at the IHobby yesterday. Not sure if you guys were out there... Looking to get my hands on some of this stuff....
Old 10-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

Default How to use prep and shine

Hey guys I had a few minutes today so I thought i would shoot a video on how to properly apply prep and shine for all those who have been asking about how it sprays. Hope this helps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv86z1y_DsU I will soon be shooting more videos and taking some pics of some of the other products from kal-gard so stay tuned.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I noticed that buggy was clean already... Is prep and shine to be used after you have cleaned the car and from then on it helps keep the car clean? Or is it a general cleaner like say simple green or any other method to clean the car?
Old 10-25-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Adept

Default Yes it goes on a clean car

Yes prep and shine is used to keep dirt from sticking to the car. I use de-greaser from kalgard as my alternative to simple green becuse you can spray it on the car (it is not water based so you dont have to worry about your bearings) and then i spray or brush it off. That is where my buggy started off for this video. Once the car is clean the prep and shine keeps the dirt off. I have seen guys just spray the product on a dirty car and it did help but it did not work nearly aswell as spraying it on a clean car. The degreaser I mentioned is a awesome product too. I have seen some guys buying just it and using it to clean there car off between rounds instead of trying to keep the dirt off. I am gonna make a video of it sometime to show you how much better it works than even simple green which I do like and have been using for years..... but degreaser is better

Last edited by nccattu; 10-25-2009 at 01:46 PM. Reason: edit
Old 10-25-2009, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nccattu
Yes prep and shine is used to keep dirt from sticking to the car. I use de-greaser from kalgard as my alternative to simple green becuse you can spray it on the car (it is not water based so you dont have to worry about your bearings) and then i spray or brush it off. That is where my buggy started off for this video. Once the car is clean the prep and shine keeps the dirt off. I have seen guys just spray the product on a dirty car and it did help but it did not work nearly aswell as spraying it on a clean car. The degreaser I mentioned is a awesome product too. I have seen some guys buying just it and using it to clean there car off between rounds instead of trying to keep the dirt off. I am gonna make a video of it sometime to show you how much better it works than even simple green which I do like and have been using for years..... but degreaser is better
im hopefully picking up a half and half case of degreasrer and prep shine from the speed shop ...the degreaser is well just short of amazing ...no water or mess just a little here and there and an air hose ..and you are golden
Old 10-25-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

The 'De-Greaser" is fast becoming a track favorite. Once the car is dirty or has the grime from mud or exhaust residue, we have been spraying down those areas, usaully the front and rear ends shocks towers and all with the De-Greaser, then blow off with an air hose. The Product is Biodegradable and will not hurt the plastics or bearings. If the areas have heavy grime, you can brush to break those areas down and then just blow off with an air hose. The will be NO residue, then Prep & Shine. The two products really go hand in hand and they are the only products we feel can clean the car in minutes without disassembly. Give it a try, and we will post a video soon.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Good A/V Nick!
Old 10-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thanks to Kal-Gard for sponsoring our Shootout event. Prepped my SC10 and RC8B before heats and mains. Made my clean up allot easier. Thanks Todd for the demo, luckily I won a can too!
Old 10-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

1 Word, WOW.......... I just cleaned my truggy from the bulletown shootout and man does this stuff work. I used the cantact cleaner and prep and shine and boy does it shine. Im hooked

And thank you for sponsering the shootout, cant wait to see you guys Next year.

If you havnt tried kal-gaurds products then i strongly suggest you buy some
Old 10-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigblockt-maxx
1 Word, WOW.......... I just cleaned my truggy from the bulletown shootout and man does this stuff work. I used the cantact cleaner and prep and shine and boy does it shine. Im hooked

And thank you for sponsering the shootout, cant wait to see you guys Next year.

If you havnt tried kal-gaurds products then i strongly suggest you buy some
We had a great time at Bullettown and we can't wait to see the track next year with all the new dirt available. We have no problem sponsoring such a great track and event. Thanks again.

Kalgard is a born for racers and we will continue to support those that have supported us, so look for us at events across the US.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.