Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Confused...Futaba 3PK with Spektrum and Ofna failsafe? >

Confused...Futaba 3PK with Spektrum and Ofna failsafe?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confused...Futaba 3PK with Spektrum and Ofna failsafe?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 07:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Confused...Futaba 3PK with Spektrum and Ofna failsafe?

Hey guys, I have the Futaba 3PK with Spektrum. I have been searching on here for a definitive answer, but can't figure it out. I know Spektrum has a built in failsafe (or so I have read). Can this be used with my 3PK in PPM mode? And should I use an Ofna failsafe along with the Spektrum Failsafe? Please only answer if you are completely positive and have experience with the above, as I would hate for my car to end up in a lake or wall. lol
Old 09-29-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ryno RC
Hey guys, I have the Futaba 3PK with Spektrum. I have been searching on here for a definitive answer, but can't figure it out. I know Spektrum has a built in failsafe (or so I have read). Can this be used with my 3PK in PPM mode? And should I use an Ofna failsafe along with the Spektrum Failsafe? Please only answer if you are completely positive and have experience with the above, as I would hate for my car to end up in a lake or wall. lol
yes i am positive that spektrum equipment has a built in fail-safe and yes i am positive it works . no need for the ofna fail safe unit . to check where your endpoints are set after you bind , turn your radio off and see where the servos stay . some people like there car to go in circles if it loses signal so the wheels will be set one way or the other almost full lock . usually the throttle is set at neutral or a tiny bit of brake applied .

good luck and happy motorin',
monty

i run the futaba 3pk w/spektrum transmitter module and micro receivers
Old 09-29-2009, 12:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The spektrum system has a failsafe that you set when you setup the bind the receiver. As far as using the additional fail safe, you shouldn't if you are using the Spektrum system. When using the spektrum system with the 3PK, you should be using PPM unless you have the HRS version, either way, you shouldn't use the failsafe with the Spektrum systems.

Check you instructions or go to spektrums website to check how to bind and program your failsafe points.

I also have been using a 3PK and the spektrum system since it first came out.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks a lot for the very useful info guys. I will remove the Ofna Failsafe...couldn't stand it anyway cause the wire was like 2 ft long and I try to keep my receiver box looking clean. lol I'll have another look at the Spektrum manual.