Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T-MAXX vs. revo 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Questions?? T-MAXX vs. revo 3.3

i think i narowed down my choice for my first nirto off road truck. now i am new to nitro but i think one i get a little hands on with the truck i think ill pick it up quick. but the two trucks im most intrested in is the T-MAXX 3.3 and the new revo 3.3 the 5309 modle. im looking for speed and power. i plan on racing it time to time but more bashing than anything. im ganna run on street and in dirt lots near my house. im just looking for something that is easy to work with but with a little challange. and of course aftermarket upgrades. im not sure if im ganna get big into nitro but i would like to say i tryed. so if any one knows someone with these cars or if you own them yourself tell me what you think. and the price diffrence is also a little off cuz i dont have a lot of money but if the revo 3.3 is worth it ill be more than happy to wait untill i can afford it. so please leave your comments and sugguestions. and thank you all in advance!

(sorry for my spelling mistakes)
Old 09-25-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

You should have put this in your other thread.

Since you said you might be racing, get the revo or a Truggy

If you get the Revo, don't get the new 5309, get the 5308, or the platinum. the 5309 has reverse, which you'll end up hating and take out anyway.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by boomgagem
You should have put this in your other thread.

Since you said you might be racing, get the revo or a Truggy

If you get the Revo, don't get the new 5309, get the 5308, or the platinum. the 5309 has reverse, which you'll end up hating and take out anyway.
i should have put this in my other tread and im sorry i didn't . i was in a rush and i do apologise.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

With the consideration of some racing I would go with revo because it will handle jumping better.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Don't waste your money on a TMAXX.The REVO is a much better truck.It will do everthing a TMAXX will but better and is much more durable.I had 3 TMAXX and have 4 REVOS and I race every weekend.REVO is a great truck to get into nitro.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by juggalo6106
i think i narowed down my choice for my first nirto off road truck. now i am new to nitro but i think one i get a little hands on with the truck i think ill pick it up quick. but the two trucks im most intrested in is the T-MAXX 3.3 and the new revo 3.3 the 5309 modle. im looking for speed and power. i plan on racing it time to time but more bashing than anything. im ganna run on street and in dirt lots near my house. im just looking for something that is easy to work with but with a little challange. and of course aftermarket upgrades. im not sure if im ganna get big into nitro but i would like to say i tryed. so if any one knows someone with these cars or if you own them yourself tell me what you think. and the price diffrence is also a little off cuz i dont have a lot of money but if the revo 3.3 is worth it ill be more than happy to wait untill i can afford it. so please leave your comments and sugguestions. and thank you all in advance!

(sorry for my spelling mistakes)
I'll give you the same advice that I give everyone when they ask this question.

T-Maxx:
Pros-
- Easier to work on because there is more space on the chassis and room to get to stuff
- LOTS of upgrades available in the aftermarket
- Durable, with parts very easy to find if you do break something
Cons-
-Older suspension design. Doesn't handle well for racing in the stock configuration.
- Will likely not be as fast as a Revo on the track.

Revo:
Pros-
- New suspension design. Can be made to handle great on the race track
- More modern looks (this is just my personal opinion though)
- Durable, can take a heck of a beating, just like the Maxx.
Cons-
- more compact chassis. A bit harder to work on.
- Not as many custom or aftermarket parts available as for the T-Maxx

So, you'll have to make the decision based on two factors; 1.) do you want to MAINLY race, or bash, and 2. do you plan on customizing/tweaking/modding the truck?

- Mainly bashing & want to have option for lots of custom parts - get a T-Maxx
- Mainly racing & don't really care about qty. and type of aftermarket parts - get a Revo.

From what you posted, specifically the two sections I highlighted, looks like a T-Maxx is the best choice for you.