Wiki Posts
Search

What to buy? $1000 budget

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DezSlash
If you want to race. stay with a truggy. A revo isnt very good against truggies imo.
E-Revo's are AWESOME for Racing. My Buddy has run his E-Revo all over Northern California and Nevada. He recently retired it with 14 STRAIGHT WINS and most of those wins were running in the Expert Truggy Class. He retired it becouse some of the tracks would not let him run with truggy's becouse their was enough vehicles for the Monster Truck class.
Here is a video of his last race.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzzUTR3bV1I

Check out some of his others also. They haul ass.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by biighemi
YOu are %100 right....HAVE FUN!!!! that revo i had with the picco red dot motor was not fun!! stalling, mid range bog, bearing leaking, boca bearing replacement, running at 300+ idle issues. the 3.3 that came with it was better. To me, that Motor was a whenever i had free time hobby. I drove my buddy slash brushless, pure fun!
I have the older Picco .26 in my MAXX, and I have nothign but good thigns to say about it.. It sounds to me like you had an air leak somewhere causing the tuning trouble. OR that front bearing was leaking worse than expected.. TO my knowledge the Picco Red Dot is a better motor then the one I have.. My Picco will run anywhere from 230-360 and you don't know it's that hot until you bring it in an temp it.. It idles all day, and has TONS of power.. Usually when it gets that hot it after a ton of WIDE open throttle runs.. I've seen it hit 395 before and still keep running.. It is the weirdest engine I have ever seen as far as ease of use..
Old 09-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

Default 8ight-t 2.0 Hopups

If you get the losi 8ight-t 2.0 RTR some upgrades you should get are aluminum shock caps(the plastic caps will break pretty easily),And the $70 starter box(not the one that is included with the truggy;the one you have to buy), and a new throttle servo at least if not throttle and steering. The stock throttle servo is really wimpy.

Thats about it.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Default $1000.00

Im sure if you check the San Antonio area pawn shops you could find 5 X-RAY's for sale!!!!!! If you don't mind buying a stolen car.

LOL im only laughing because 3 ot them are mine and at some point you have to laugh to keep from crying!!!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nick Vanderpool
Im sure if you check the San Antonio area pawn shops you could find 5 X-RAY's for sale!!!!!! If you don't mind buying a stolen car.

LOL im only laughing because 3 ot them are mine and at some point you have to laugh to keep from crying!!!!!
sorry to hear that dude, but I am in Wisconsin