R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   1/8th buggy track tires (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/327969-1-8th-buggy-track-tires.html)

tc5 man 09-16-2009 04:30 PM

do they have them tires on a online hobby store or just ordering from the manfactufer

JASracer 09-16-2009 04:39 PM

I have had some good luck with the AKA City Blocks and I-Beams. Pro-Line Bow Ties are always a safe bet. One set-up that I really like is the Panther Komodo Dragon I and Komodo Dragon II's. I run the Komodo Dragon II's in the front and the Komodo Dragon I's in the rear. I had a Panther driver show me this and I really like it.

tc5 man 09-16-2009 04:55 PM

have u tried out those vp tires they look pretty good

Andrew Smolnik 09-17-2009 10:44 AM

TC5 Man,

The VP Pro Tires have very good tread life. They have various tread patterns for different tracks etc.

My home track is dusty and hard packed. I usually use the Turbo Traxx in Ultra Flexx compound and they are hooked up. I use the medium compound when its hot outside.

The Truggy Tires rock also... They are the lightest truggy wheel / tire / foam combo available. Lighter than PL, AKA, JC, etc etc. ; )

Give em a shot.. you wont be dissapointed! Ive gotten faster since I switched from PL to VP Pro.

www.vp-pro-usa.com

Matt Chester 09-17-2009 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Andrew Smolnik (Post 6358351)
TC5 Man,

The VP Pro Tires have very good tread life. They have various tread patterns for different tracks etc.

My home track is dusty and hard packed. I usually use the Turbo Traxx in Ultra Flexx compound and they are hooked up. I use the medium compound when its hot outside.

The Truggy Tires rock also... They are the lightest truggy wheel / tire / foam combo available. Lighter than PL, AKA, JC, etc etc. ; )

Give em a shot.. you wont be dissapointed! Ive gotten faster since I switched from PL to VP Pro.

www.vp-pro-usa.com

You work for VP or are sponsored by them?

Integra 09-17-2009 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew Smolnik (Post 6358351)
TC5 Man,

www.vp-pro-usa.com

Hey Andrew....care to do me a favor.....take a pic of the truggy tire's on a scale....im curious to see it for real....as i doubt ill be trying them any time soon(got about 10 Full set's i need to burn off first.)

Thx.

Jube 09-17-2009 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Integra (Post 6359018)
Hey Andrew....care to do me a favor.....take a pic of the truggy tire's on a scale....im curious to see it for real....

Thx.

+1