Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Gettin' back into racing, nitro or lipo? >

Gettin' back into racing, nitro or lipo?

Gettin' back into racing, nitro or lipo?

Old 09-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Gettin' back into racing, nitro or lipo?

I know this is a nitro thread but i was hoping to get some feedback on which way to go. cost, reliability, better for competions racing, do they compete together which is faster
cam
Old 09-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sharkbait
I know this is a nitro thread but i was hoping to get some feedback on which way to go. cost, reliability, better for competions racing, do they compete together which is faster
cam
in my opinion nitro is the way to go. i think the nitro is more fun and it adds a level of concertration to the hobby. with lipo plug it in and go, im more of a motor head hope this helps
Old 09-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

All personal preference, period. They will cost you the same in the long run, maintenance is the same, and performance is pretty much the same. If you want to race, choose which setup has the most entrants and your local track (or wherever you decide to run).
Old 09-11-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nitro

I was considering a lipo/brushless conversion but after doing some homework the initial costs are steep and equipment unreliable. I think this will really be great in the future but for now I'm sticking with nitro.

If you wanna do electric its better to do 1/10th scale IMO but in my area there is little 1/10th scale racing.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Prophet

nitro man i used to do electic its gets to be a snoozer eventy , nitro is just more fun and more of a rush,and doing whole lipo thing is very expensive espially for a newbie and not to metion the 1/8 speed cortrolers are to unreable and electric is to fast and resposive to me