Wiki Posts
Search

Starter Box Motor Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default Starter Box Motor Help Please

I have a cheapy starter box which i used for onroad. It's running a 12v gell cell battery though i am going to change to a 4S lipo. it doesnt seem to have enough gots to turn my hyper 7 motor. i know these motors are tight normally, but even when the motors hot the starter cant turn it.

its this starter box:

http://www.modelengines.com.au/view/...m/BSD7016.html

I figure rather than buying a whole new starter box i will just get some new motors. What sort of motor should i put in it? i'm not sure what size ones are in it? how can you tell?

i just want something more powerfull so if someone could please let me know where i can buy better motors from.... that would be great

thanks
Alex
Old 09-03-2009, 07:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HaraR40
I have a cheapy starter box which i used for onroad. It's running a 12v gell cell battery though i am going to change to a 4S lipo. it doesnt seem to have enough gots to turn my hyper 7 motor. i know these motors are tight normally, but even when the motors hot the starter cant turn it.

its this starter box:

I figure rather than buying a whole new starter box i will just get some new motors. What sort of motor should i put in it? i'm not sure what size ones are in it? how can you tell?

i just want something more powerfull so if someone could please let me know where i can buy better motors from.... that would be great

thanks
Alex
i would look at amain hobbies for some new motors or look at getting a new starter box .... the ofna truggy starter box is one of the best out on the market right now with 2 monster motors that will start any motor new or used and works great with lipo
Old 09-03-2009, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

its this starter box:

thanks
Alex
i would leave the motors you got for now and get that 4s lipo your talking about.. that will give you way more power then new motors with the gel cell. Power comes from battery.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jpalessi
i would leave the motors you got for now and get that 4s lipo your talking about.. that will give you way more power then new motors with the gel cell. Power comes from battery.
if the motors are bad thats not going to help him
Old 09-03-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by losiracer78
if the motors are bad thats not going to help him
i dont see him say the motors are BAD.... he's just not getting enough power out of them with the 12v gell cell... throw a 14.8v in that thing and watch it come alive. that box prob comes with two 550's which is enough to start any nitro.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

Default ...

yeah it has 2 550's. they're definately not bigger. but they are a bit longer than 540's so i think 550's..... i might try lipo first as i want one for it anyway.

if i just get a cheap one like this http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store...idProduct=9264
will that be enough... or do you have to get some whiz bang flash one?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

yeah it has 2 550's. they're definately not bigger. but they are a bit longer than 540's so i think 550's..... i might try lipo first as i want one for it anyway.

if i just get a cheap one like this http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store...idProduct=9264
good find! I might get one of these myself!
I would just get a lipo for now and when you want something better get the ofna truggy box which comes with 775's.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

this one will last forever, and have more power.
http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store...00mAh_4S1P_15C
Old 09-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Tech Addict

Default ...

true...

I spent all my cash on a new drifter this week so i'll wait and get the bigger one. Once i got that, i'll see how it goes and upgrade motors if necessary.... or get a better starter box since it might only cost a bit extra.

thanks for all your help
Alex